Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW NA Reply to post...ce Nalley BMW

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Dear Mr. Presley:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the pricing practices of Nalley BMW. I was sorry to hear of your disappointing sales experience with this authorized BMW center. On behalf of BMW of North America LLC, I apologize.

BMW centers are independently owned and operated and responsible for their representations, sales, policies, and procedures. Each BMW center determines the details of their own service policies and management of their staff. I suggest discussing your concerns with Nalley BMW's management.

I apologize for the inconvenience this problem caused you; however, BMW does not manufacturer or warrant tires. I suggest contacting the tire manufacturer for additional information or warranty coverage.

We appreciate the feedback our valued customers provide to us. Please be assured your comments have been forwarded to the management at Nalley BMW. We strive to be attuned to our valued owners. Again, we thank you for taking the time to notify us about the situation you experienced.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Casey Roach
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

================================================== ===
----- Some Syntax Corrected and XXX's for Nalley BMW employee and other names, Original Message-----

Sent: 4/14/2005 12:00:00 AM
To: CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com
Subject: BMW NA / FROM: Raymond Presley / RE: A complaint...

As scheduled I took my e60 530i in for service, and purchased my new BMW OEM style 71 rims to be installed, and I was placed in a nice 2004 BMW 330i with 10,000 miles courtesy loaner and was very convenient, but about 45 miles on the way home the right rear tire blew out on a country paved road, with no shoulder to pull off in, and in 5:00 PM traffic, while it was raining, so I pulled into the first place quickly which was a Citgo Gas Station, (Tyrone Road & GA 54), and I called BMW assist. I quickly saw that 10,000 mile old tire that blew out the sidewall was damaged beyond repair.

I reported it by my cell phone to a the lady named: XXXXX XXXXXX at Nalley BMW Decatur GA, but she was not too understanding about the tire blow out at 45mph, and later that week when picking up my e60 530i, (SEE BELOW "a; b; & c") she had me be purchase a new tire, (184.24) + disposer fee (4.00), + installation and + balancing (35.00), for the total of: $223.24..(SEE BELOW "d"), The Courtesy BMW 330i was not brand new, it was also dirty, and it already had 10,000 miles on it, and it's tire that blew out at 45 MPH that could had hurt me or my passenger who was my father or some traffic in the on coming lane, and I wonder why did Miss XXXXXX XXXXXX did not prorate the mileage tread left; get me their dealer price as she promised, and why did I get charged all those in house fees for?

Besides I can purchase the same tire at "Tire Rack" at my or anyone else cost for $168.00 + S&H...I am a 47 year old man who at one time owned my own business, and I am EVOC trained, and I do realize things like do happen in ALL business's, but I do not understand why I was made to purchase a new tire, for the side wall blowing out of an obliviously defected tire from the factory.

By the way AL the service manger at Nalley BMW was not there that day, (I wish AL had been there that day, because I have been doing business with him for a while now, and he seems very fair about these type issues), and AL was real good in taking my installation order, and doing exactly what I had requested and getting the BMW quality service work completed in a timely professional matter for my new 71 rims, I purchased from BMW for my 2004 (new) e60 530i.

Cous. Elvis left me out of his will, and I am not a Rockefeller either, just kidding, but seriously I do have good credit, and it was not easy, but ever since April 2004 I first paid Nalley BMW cash by a bank certified check: $52,000, then I purchased the Fidelity $2,700 Extended Warranty from Nalley BMW, and now this month purchased: $2000.00 OEM Style 71 rims which included the Nalley BMW $200.00 installation fee, and now I get hit with this 223.24 fee, for the loaner 330i blew out tire. I had only traveled approx: 44 miles from Nalley BMW when the blow out occurred on an old tire that had 10,000+ miles on it.

I personally feel this is not the way to treat your loyal BMW customers, and charging me $223.24 for an old wore out defective tire, will have an effect whether I choose to buy another BMW or not and especially from a BMW dealer that promotes such adverse customer relations by a BMW Service Advisor at Nalley, (Mrs. XXXXXX XXXXXX)

In conclusion: Now don't take what I am saying about Nalley BMW the wrong way, but I had no problems with Nalley Auto group, until this one flat tire issue that I had last week with an certain Nalley BMW female employee, I have always experienced nothing but excellent and professional service work done on my BMW, and Nalley BMW is #1 in my book in the Atlanta area, but it is just a shame to see one employee ruin a good working Nalley BMW relationship with their customer. At this time I am willing to settle for an apology from XXXXXX XXXXXX employee of Nalley BMW for her inappropriate behavior plus refund of my: $223.24 for the new tire and it's labor services. (I hope what happened to me never happens to another loyal Nalley BMW customer).

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley e60 530i VIN: WBANAXXXXXB80XXXX
XXX XXXX XXXXX
XXXXXXXXX XXXX, Georgia XXXXX
(XXX) XXX-XXXX
My Email: _Presley348@aol.com_ (mail toresley348@aol.com)

--------------------
a)
BMW NA Reply to post...ce Nalley BMW-no_tag_____530i.jpg
b)
BMW NA Reply to post...ce Nalley BMW-r._eddie_presley__s__picture_th_4_14_05._bmw_18_oem__71__d__rep_021.jpg
c)
BMW NA Reply to post...ce Nalley BMW-no_tag_____530i.jpg
d)
BMW NA Reply to post...ce Nalley BMW-scan0001.jpg
Old 09-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Members

What became of this situation?

thx
Old 09-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by akirax' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:36 PM
What became of this situation?

thx
[snapback]166135[/snapback]

Mr. Nalley did the right thing, called me himself and apologize for the trouble, and refunded my money. Now I recommend Nalley BMW to all BMW owners
Old 09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Wow, I'm glad it was fixed!
Old 09-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Pkg, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Logic 7, Sapphire Black, Black Leather, Anthracite Trim, IPOD Integration Produced Sept 5, 2005 CIP 24

Remember you always have the conveniences of charge backs with your credit cards. I don't argue with merchants anymore. I charge it, then chargeback the charge. It always works and they will be out of the money and you will be restored. If they want their money, ultimately they can sue you, but it obviously won't be worth their while.