Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW NA announces best dealerships in the US

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

BMW NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES BEST DEALERSHIPS IN THE US
03/20/2009

BMW of North America today announced the names of its top performing dealerships in the US. The 31 BMW dealers out of 338 nationwide awarded the "2009 Center of Excellence Award" were selected based on the criteria of customer satisfaction, brand representation, and operational excellence.

Over the last 10 years, the BMW dealer network has invested over $2.1 billion dollars improving its sales facilities and repair workshops, refining processes and focusing on top-tier customer service, making it one of the most successful franchises in the US.

?While all BMW dealerships offer a premium experience to our customers, the 31 Centers that have won this year?s award excelled in the way they take care of their customers and represent the BMW brand,? said Peter Miles, Executive Vice President Operations, BMW of North America.

Recent independent studies confirm BMW?s superior customer service performance. J.D. Power and Associates? Customer Service Index (CSI) Study ranked the BMW dealer network among the top three automotive brand franchises in the US for its superior customer satisfaction and dealer service. And BusinessWeek identified BMW as one of the top 25 ?Customer Service Champs? among all companies in the US.

?Anyone who is in the market with money to spend should expect to receive an exceptional customer experience,? said Alan Harris, Vice President Aftersales, BMW of North America. ?BMW?s efforts to provide exceptional customer service have become a crucial part of our continued success even in today?s challenging economic climate.?

Overview ?2009 Center of Excellence Award?
BMW Center City State

East Bay BMW Pleasanton CA
BMW of San Diego San Diego CA
Crevier BMW Santa Ana CA
South Bay BMW Torrance CA
Global Imports Atlanta GA
BMW of Dubuque Dubuque IA
Isringhausen Imports Springfield IL
Laurel BMW of Westmont Westmont IL
Basney BMW South Bend IN
Baron BMW Merriam KS
BMW Gallery Norwood MA
Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills Bloomfield Hills MI
Erhard BMW of Farmington Hills Farmington Hills MI
Bavarian Motor Village, Ltd. Shelby Township MI
Motorwerks BMW Bloomington MN
Hendrick BMW Charlotte NC
Flemington BMW Flemington NJ
BMW of Freehold Freehold NJ
Paul Miller BMW Wayne NJ
Hassel BMW Freeport NY
Wide World BMW Spring Valley NY
Towne BMW Williamsville NY
Voss Village BMW Dayton OH
Classic BMW Willoughby Hills OH
BMW of Tulsa Tulsa OK
Kuni BMW Beaverton OR
Daniels BMW Allentown PA
Rick Hendrick Imports Charleston SC
BMW of Austin Austin TX
Advantage BMW Houston TX
BMW of the Permian Basin Midland TX
Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='822911' date='Mar 21 2009, 09:07 AM
03/20/2009

BMW of Austin Austin TX
Advantage BMW Houston TX
BMW of the Permian Basin Midland TX
Not one from the Dallas/Ft.Worth made it on the list ...

Classic BMW (in Plano), which recently moved into a new facility around
2 years ago, still didn't make it on the list. I wonder if they still have the
same level of customer service.

Thoughts from anyone who takes their car there on a regular basis for service?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Many of these dealerships look to be in smaller markets (Dubuque, South Bend, Dayton, Austin ...), which may imply a few things. Customers in non-urban markets tend to be more forgiving and have lower expectations (so their customer satisfaction scores will naturally be higher). And I would guess that many of these best dealerships are not the big-box, mega BMW dealerships - smaller shops may be better able to present a more customer-friendly approach.

Bottom line: I pay attention to stuff like this. And since my local shop is not on the list, while a few 'best dealerships' are nearby - I may look to them next time I'm in the market. Good job BMW - hopefully this will make the dealerships not on the list work harder for my business.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Hendrick BMW of Charlotte made the list. They are much better than I felt they were 10 years ago when I went elsewhere for my first BMW (Flow BMW of Winston Salem, NC). However I got the car I wanted and the deal I needed from Crown BMW in Greensboro. I would not go there (Crown) for service (or probably any more sales). Hendrick does treat me like I bought the 550i there but they've known me for years from BMWs I have bought there. I would consider them a large dealer but in a mid market area.

I wonder what happened to Flow?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I can't believe my boys at Autohaus BMW here in the STL burbs didn't make the cut. They're the best IMHO. MAybe they were 39th?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Members

+1 for BMW of San Diego, that place is fantastic
Old 03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='822911' date='Mar 21 2009, 10:07 AM
03/20/2009

BMW of North America today announced the names of its top performing dealerships in the US. The 31 BMW dealers out of 338 nationwide awarded the "2009 Center of Excellence Award" were selected based on the criteria of customer satisfaction, brand representation, and operational excellence.

Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills Bloomfield Hills MI
Erhard BMW of Farmington Hills Farmington Hills MI
Bavarian Motor Village, Ltd. Shelby Township MI
It's nice to know that here in the metro Motor City 3 of the dealerships made the cut including mine (Erhard - Bloomfield Hills). Speaking from my very limited experience (<2 full months behind the wheel of the E60), Erhard is extremely fastidious about its customer service (in both the showroom and the service department).

Don't know what a mega BMW dealership looks like, but having been tangentially involved on the legal side of dealerships and the sale of same, I can say none of these three Detroit area dealerships are mom and pop operations. My standards are high and Erhard either met or exceeded my expectations.

Kudos to them.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Old 03-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

[sup]
East Bay BMW Pleasanton CA
[/sup]
Crevier BMW Santa Ana CA

That's my dealership, where I go for every service. AND no doubt and not surprised they are at the TOP of the list. I always get the supper service.
I'm scheduled to bring my car in this coming Tuesday. I guess it would be good way to start the conversation by congratulating them on this.,

Old 03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Crevier is where I bought my E39, when I lived in San Francisco. I flew down to pick it up and drove it all the way back. They are a great dealer and their prices were top notch.

I love how Rallye BMW is not on this list. Although one of the biggest dealers in the country, they are also one of the worst. Glad they didn't make the list.

Quick Reply: BMW NA announces best dealerships in the US