Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Extended Warranty Offer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Hi guys, as you can see, I'm a newbie in this forum and wanted to ask if any of you know what kind of terms and conditions are offered for the all new BMW Extended Warranty Offer?!

I'm from Australia, and BMW has never provided extended warranty after their 3 years/unlimited warranty! From 2010 January, they are launching the BMW Extended Warranty to BMW owners and I just wanted to know if any of you from other countries that have extended warranty offers know what the terms and conditions are?! Disclosing the price for the extended warranty will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006' post='1081750' date='Dec 30 2009, 11:07 AM
Hi guys, as you can see, I'm a newbie in this forum and wanted to ask if any of you know what kind of terms and conditions are offered for the all new BMW Extended Warranty Offer?!

I'm from Australia, and BMW has never provided extended warranty after their 3 years/unlimited warranty! From 2010 January, they are launching the BMW Extended Warranty to BMW owners and I just wanted to know if any of you from other countries that have extended warranty offers know what the terms and conditions are?! Disclosing the price for the extended warranty will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

I don?t know if this will help however the extended warranty just offered to me was for two additional years that would cover routine maintenance attendance items only for $2,265 US. I thought it was a bit pricey since they quoted 6,000 miles between oil changes.

Hope this helps...
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

I recently wanted to buy the original BMW Extended Vehicle Protection warranty however I found out that you must purchase it before you reach 45 months/45k miles (used to be 50k miles) I was at 49,386. Not happy. My only option was the Powertrain Plus and the Extended Maintenance. On my previous 5, I had both original BMW warranty and maintenance and was well worth it. I used both and paid for itself easily. Personally, I'd rather pay now than later, there are too many things to go wrong on these cars. I ended up getting warranty through Fidelity Warranty Services. Paid $3688 for 4 years/48k miles starting now. Platinum plan with $100 deductible. Paid $1995 for BMW extended maintenance 72 months/100k total mileage. I shopped around and think I did okay. Took my car in today for routine maintenance due, steering malfunction, squeak from steering column and squeaky door seals. Now let's see how many things the dealership will try and say are not covered under warranty Has anyone heard of a $140 per hour charge for warranty work diagnosis???Just another reason I wish I bought the original BMW warranty before 45k miles. Next time, I will negotiate the original BMW extended warranty and maintenance at the time of purchase.

By the way, I am so sick and tired of my door seals squeaking, I know there are a thousand posts on it but I bet it must be the number one complaint at dealerships. Since my first 5 series in 1998, every single year model has had the same problem!?!?! Every time I go in for service, I mention it. I'm driving a 2009 328 loaner with 9000 miles and it feels so solid with no squeaks. Maybe I should get a 3?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Yeah, go ahead and get a 3 series and in a couple of years you will have the same squeaky noise all your other cars had. I have the same damn noise and it is embarrassing to have friends hear it and ask me what that noise is especially when it comes from such a nice car (BMW) my damn 1999 Chevy Malibu feels more solid then my 530i. Sad but true...... I wish i knew an easy fix to that damn squeak!!!!!