Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Znod' post='225564
I have encountered some unprofessional attitudes. Have you?
My dealer always has been excellent.
[/quote]

BMW is very close to its image. When a dealer accumulates the problems, he is in danger ! So don't hesitate when you have an un unsolved problem with your dealer. That's not blackmail, that's our right !

Here in Belgium, we get a phone call from BMW quality service every 2 or 3 visits at our dealer, to ckeck if service was perfect. Then BMW takes measures against "bad" dealers.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by OliverB' post='225575
Originally Posted by xcell60' post='225274' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:17 AM
Here in Belgium, we get a phone call from BMW quality service every 2 or 3 visits at our dealer, to ckeck if service was perfect. Then BMW takes measures against "bad" dealers.
[/quote]

too bad that BMW Czech Republic is "owned" by the same person as the biggest dealer. So can't complain anywhere much.... and when I tried staright to Munich they just handed it back to Czech............

simply like in any business, if you don't have friends you're screwed
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

simple answer, yes.
those dealers dont get my business.

and its not just isolated to bmw only, when i was shopping for a car i visited MB, audi, and acura...all had bad salespeople. but yes, the WORSE was one guy at a bmw dealer who had me drive 1.5 hours to see a car that never existed.

if youre shopping for a car i HIGHLY recommend using the internet to shop around.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='225587
Originally Posted by Znod' post='225564' date='Jan 17 2006, 09:47 PM
[quote name='xcell60' post='225274' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:17 AM']
[/quote]

too bad that BMW Czech Republic is "owned" by the same person as the biggest dealer. So can't complain anywhere much.... and when I tried staright to Munich they just handed it back to Czech............

simply like in any business, if you don't have friends you're screwed
[/quote]

Don't think that ! If Munich receives too much complains from BMW customers of your country, things will change, believe me !
Old 01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I had an experience - one day I was not looking my best and took my wife and 3 kids to look at bmw's - salespeople ignored us for 30-45 minutes, and we were the only people in the showroom.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I have on occassion received some attitudes from BMW people, my latest one was I complained that my wife's 2003 325xi's AM radio never plays correctly, played always with static. His reply and very indignant, I might add, was because the tinted windows, which was put on by them had metal flakes in the make up of the tint paper, so thats why its full of static, and he tried to make me feel I was an ass and should have known better. Didn't need that sarcasium, a simple answer would have sufficed.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

The dealership I purchased from is a joke. It has been the most laughable experience of anything I have ever purchased! I can't wait to let BMW know how this has all played out.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 520i stock

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='225457
The dealership I purchased from is a joke. It has been the most laughable experience of anything I have ever purchased! I can't wait to let BMW know how this has all played out.
Would like to hear more, if you care to elaborate
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Frankly, sales is cut-throat. You hustle or you're out. If the dealer (and anyone of their reps) don't want to sell you a car, then don't buy it from them. If there's only one dealer in your country, then buy another brand or lower your expectation about the sales folks. The law of supply and demand . . . it's your money. Do what you want with it.

On the same token, just because you're dishing out $40K-$70K for a car doesn't mean you can demand any type of sales attitude or ass kissing. Only ask to be respected as an individual. No courtesy, no sale.

As for the technicians, they are people, too, that work hard for a living. Some make lots of money while others don't. If they disrespect you or don't fix/treat your car right, tell their supervisor. There's nothing wrong with being "anal" about your car. After all, it's your car.

Evaluate your attitude and expectations toward these folks FIRST before you go off "dissing" them. I'm sure most SA, technicians, and sales folks might not make as much money as you, but they have bad days too. Remember we'll all have a boss. For the self-employed, you have more than one boss.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

The job gets to you.

I had a buddy that sold Toyotas. I met him when I was looking for a car for my Mom and he was straight forward and fair. 5 years later he had changed. When I asked him what happened, he said that over time, the customers get to you. I think we all know the person who wants the car for cost and thinks the dealer is lucky to have their business as they will make it up somewhere. Well can you imagine dealing with people like this on a consistent basis.

He told me the story of people that would say "I want no negotiating, just give me your best price". He would do so and they would say "Thank you very much, I will give you $1,000 less than that". He said after time, you not only didn't trust the customer but began to hate them.

The fact is, the car business is one of those businesses where we all want something for cost. Personally I wouldn't be able to do it for long.

BTW, the friend left the business.