Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Big up's to Will Shaw @ Long Beach BMW

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to this forum and the whole 5 series scene so let me say hello to all and share my dealer experience on my purchase.

Long story short, I just purchased CPO 2008 528i from Will @ LB BMW last week. I went every possible way to find a perfect car for my DD commute (low mileage, original warranty left + CPO warranty). Most dealers around where I live either didn't have a car in a good condition or too high price.

With my first visit to LB BMW, I had a horrible Sales rep (this guy 'AB') and didn't like the experience at all (before I found out about Will), he was very pushy and flat out rude about me commenting on the price on a high mileage car

Second dealership I visited was Crevier BMW where I found a car that I liked and offered with a reasonable price (no original factory warranty left though). I was pretty much leaning toward this car almost to the end. Even though my experience with Internet Sales MANAGER was so-so (pretty much everyone there is a MANAGER lol)

Then I got contacted by Will through LB BMW website after I submitted an offer on a car. His boss won't let the price go lower at all so he mentioned Sonicautomotive site and told me that he can get any car from the site. I located couple of cars @ Beverly Hills BMW and drove up to see them in person. I know Will was kind of nervous that he might loose his sale to another sales rep there but I wasn't interested buying anything that day anyway.

I quickly got approached by a sales rep and showed me around 3-4 cars that I was interested. It didn't take me long to find out that this guy didn't care about the whole customer satisfaction because he was keep looking at his colleague making a sale and keeps telling me that the other guy sold one more car while he was showing me this so we gotta fasten up the process, WTF :thumbsdown: ? Anyways, after the horrible 2 1/2 with this tool, I finally found a car that I liked and called Will with my offer. (BTW, he kinda got offended by me pointing out his shady sales tactics )

Finally, Will called me back next day with a good news that they will accept my offer. He got the car delivered to LB BMW and picked me up in the morning from my place. The whole process at the dealership took a little longer than my expectation but it was very smooth and I was well informed with each steps.

Bottom line of the story is, I never had better experience at any dealership (including CARMAX) than this and I would recommend anybody to give him a call if you're in Socal looking to purchase a BMW. Will truly is a stand up down-to-earth guy that you can communicate easily without pushy sales talk. I won't hesitate to buy my next BMW from him.

Thanks for the great customer experience, Will.

Mark

P.S. Now if you can help me to get my cd player software update, I will appreciate it even more!!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

CD player software update? What exactly are you looking to do?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Members

My car doesn't play mp3 CDs.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

There must be some kind of mistake. Your car is 2008, it should from the factory. Unless you are referring to your cd changer unable to play mp3 CDs.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Members

That's why I wanted them to update or 'correct' it. Mine don't have CD changer just a CD slot and NAV.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

MY 2008 is supposed to have MP3 capability:

What type of CD model are you using? (+/-R, RW)
Are you using a specific program to burn the CD?
Does the CD work in other devices?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Members

I just used Staples CD-R and burn through Nero 8. I used ISO 9660:1999 and 10x or 12x speed.

I don't have any other device to test other than my laptop and of course the laptop plays the CD.
I gotta see if slower speed works or not. Plus try burning it through itunes as well...

we'll see...