Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Beware of Safe Guard wheel/tire hazard warranty service

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i,silver grey metalic, sport/premium package,nav,pdc,chrome style 121,logic7 sound

I purchased this product from the dealer when I bought my car. I have since hit a pot hole causing damage to two of my rims. I have to put air in both of the tires about every three days. I set up an appointment with the Safe-Guard rep through my dealership. Keep in mind one of the rims is so badly damaged they will not put new tires on my car until the rim is fixed. Both rims have a flat spot on the inside lip. To make a long story short, Safe-Guard will not warranty my rims because they claim the tires are still hoding air. The adjuster they sent out cannot get the tires to leak when submerged even though I know they are leaking as I have to put air in them when my FTM goes off. The customer service from this company is the worst I have ever seen. DO NOT EVER purchase this product. It was an absolute waist of money. I'm pretty sure I can get my rims fixed, but that is not the point. To be very blunt, this warranty sucks and it is a scam! :thumbsdown:
Old 08-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about your mishap, I hope you get it sorted out. But honestly, all tire insurance and warranties are scam. :-) There is always something they can blame you for and avoid paying.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='324267' date='Aug 18 2006, 09:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your mishap, I hope you get it sorted out. But honestly, all tire insurance and warranties are scam. :-) There is always something they can blame you for and avoid paying.

I had a nail in my rear tire the 2nd week after I picked up my car so the policy has already paid for itself. But, the service manager did say that they only replace a rim when it doesn't hold air.. So I asked him what if it's so badly damaged it vibrates the car, but holds air? He looked at me puzzled and said I don't know but I guess it would have to be replaced.. I bet you have some vibration from those wheels, don't you? Good luck!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lesson learn: read fine print and things are not covered.
Finance guy tried to sell me 6yr/100K mile warranty and he said it covers lots of things, but I just asked him to show me things are not covered.
Always ask things are not covered.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i,silver grey metalic, sport/premium package,nav,pdc,chrome style 121,logic7 sound

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='324290' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:36 PM
I had a nail in my rear tire the 2nd week after I picked up my car so the policy has already paid for itself. But, the service manager did say that they only replace a rim when it doesn't hold air.. So I asked him what if it's so badly damaged it vibrates the car, but holds air? He looked at me puzzled and said I don't know but I guess it would have to be replaced.. I bet you have some vibration from those wheels, don't you? Good luck!

It vibrates like a mo-fo. BTW, Discount Tire will fix your flats for free. No need for the 300 dollar warranty. I learned a lesson.