Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Better lease artes from BMWFS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

I've got several calls from my dealership stating that starting yesterday BWM improved lease/buy rates significantly. On BMWUSA site it seems that the monthly payment for 550 with navi ($61K) went down to $709 from $729. I tried to plug the numbers from the ad into a lease calculator and ended up with MF of 0.00065 which is difficult to believe. Does anyone have more detailed info? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

check out bimmerfest.com
in the dealers section or ask a dealer.

BMW NA got a new CEO from BMW UK and did not really understand the USA market , and tried to in the middle of a world wide economic down turn to get rid of the high numbers of BMW leasers ( over 60%) and shift 40k cars on to Russia ( in worse shape than us now) and the far east since they could sell the cars for more. Also he tried to get rid of any sort of Trunk money or incentives and jacked up the lease and financing rates... I could go on but it would just emphasize that this guy never went to business school , and has no clue on the USA market, or what a world wide economic met down does to the auto industry.

Need less to say the first month of the "Pull" method that Mini uses vs the former BMW "Push " method of selling cars was not very successful ( Down over 30%) and September was even worse... also BMW has jacked up all the prices on the 09's by at least 2.5% and over 5% on the X6 while de-contenting the base version of the car , which adds even more to the cost to consumers.

Also BMW changed the way the turbo waste gates work do to issues with the Waste gate articulater issues ( see the E90post.net stickyed "29.2" turbo forum thread that is now over 100 pages on the software revisions BMW is forcing on the N54 owners) so the EPA is now holding ALL Turbo engined 09's in customs till BMW either changes the software back or Re-certifies the engine with the government for emissions, do to the drastic change in nature of the waste gates at low rpm ( now open vs pre 29.2 closed , = lag, worse fuel millage, and exhaust rattle and increased emissions). If BMW re-certifies the engines it will take a month or 2 and cost a lot of Money. So the 09 NA engined engined cars are showing up in show rooms, while the deliver date on the FI engined BMWs delivery dates keep getting pushed back even on paid and ordered cars...

So BMW NA has had to make a MAJOR reversal in the new operating procedure to try and right a ship that was taking on water. Rates may get even better with how bad things are going. I heard that they have also started .9% financing on 08's .... the lease rates were also drastically changed on Friday too....
Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

There was a thread here about 5 months ago where some here were saying BMW will cost us more going forward and that outside the IS BMW's were more expensive already anyway. Like I said then- competition, supply and demand and the economy will keep prices level or below where they were.