Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Best Maintenance Plan DEAL

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='779497' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:42 PM
Ya, whatever John.
Hey Howitzer-I agree, it's a bit of a crapshoot on the extended maint/warranty. It all boils down to your relationship with your dealer, tho. In my experience, I have had several things done on the car that were not included in the CPO at the discretion of the dealer. Some of this is "good will" for being a good customer, other times this goes through BMWNA directly for an approval.

Take these for example:
-dead battery cell on my 4 yr old battery, replaced at no cost to me
-worn bushings on my front end, replaced at no cost to me

So its all very variable. I would talk things over with your dealer...also helps if you hint at being in the market for another vehicle in the next few years, etc. The reason I buy BMW is FOR THIS SERVICE..... In my opinion, you will not find this degree of accomodation with any other vendor in the country at this price range!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by watercoach' post='779385' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:41 AM

*******Just contacted John Danze at Union Park BMW in wilmington Delaware...HOME OF TAX FREE SHOPPING. If you mention that your part of the e60 forum, he knock off $50 from the maintenance plan. He is the one who pointed out that the plan is tax free i never even thought about that, but for a big ticket item like this it's alot of money to save...remember ask for John Danze 302-573-5234...
How much did you end up paying?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 05-530i and 06 530xit

Union Park is the most shitiest dealer in the country. First, the service techs are terrible and they are totally incompetent. I used to live in delaware and brought all of my cars from pa or nj because De charges more for the same car to off-set the no sales tax. They used to give me such a hard time for service appointments and to get a loaner car. I brought my 2002 m3 from Otto's in West Chester (A great place ) and they always refer me to Otto's when I wanted to simply schedule an oil change appointment. Second these bums always push major repairs off until your warranty runs out then they want to sock it to you. Especially, when there was a major recall on cam and bearing that BMW N.A sent to me. They told me they would have to consult with BMW N.A-The people at Otto's call me up as well and told me to bring in before there was a major engine failure--NOT THESE BUMS-who just service my car prior to otto's calling me. Third, their staff members are idiots- They broke two of my speakers and did not say anything about it when i pick-up my car and was not going to say anything. When i brought it to their attention, they said "oh yeah, it was noted on your invoice the tech broke your speakers, we will replace it for free as a curiosity" Give me a fucking break. Union park is horrible--I have several incidents there, Especially Volvo service with my Volvo c70 department who make Pep Boys mechanics look like the pit-crew from jeff gordon's team. Only person who knows anything is Scott and he hates it there--He move from vovlo to Bmw service department because he was tired of kiss ass and apologizing for the idiot monkeys that they call mechanics. I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYTHING FROM THOSE IDIOTS EVEN IF THEY WERE GIVNG IT FREE. A bunch of fucking worthless idiots who make a ton of money because they are the only major bmw dealer in a state no bigger than a parking lot. If you live in Delaware, please go to Otto's or West German BMW-it's worth the drive. Trust me--this is the tip of my compliants--I believe it's all the toxic pollution in the air from dupont and the poison water that make the people in de totally incompent..Sorry for the errors in advance-typing this on my blackberry on the train.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Members

never had to deal with the service department, i guess if your in the sales department your in better hands
Old 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dello' post='779697' date='Jan 28 2009, 05:51 PM
Union Park is the most shitiest dealer in the country. First, the service techs are terrible and they are totally incompetent. I used to live in delaware and brought all of my cars from pa or nj because De charges more for the same car to off-set the no sales tax. They used to give me such a hard time for service appointments and to get a loaner car. I brought my 2002 m3 from Otto's in West Chester (A great place ) and they always refer me to Otto's when I wanted to simply schedule an oil change appointment. Second these bums always push major repairs off until your warranty runs out then they want to sock it to you. Especially, when there was a major recall on cam and bearing that BMW N.A sent to me. They told me they would have to consult with BMW N.A-The people at Otto's call me up as well and told me to bring in before there was a major engine failure--NOT THESE BUMS-who just service my car prior to otto's calling me. Third, their staff members are idiots- They broke two of my speakers and did not say anything about it when i pick-up my car and was not going to say anything. When i brought it to their attention, they said "oh yeah, it was noted on your invoice the tech broke your speakers, we will replace it for free as a curiosity" Give me a fucking break. Union park is horrible--I have several incidents there, Especially Volvo service with my Volvo c70 department who make Pep Boys mechanics look like the pit-crew from jeff gordon's team. Only person who knows anything is Scott and he hates it there--He move from vovlo to Bmw service department because he was tired of kiss ass and apologizing for the idiot monkeys that they call mechanics. I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYTHING FROM THOSE IDIOTS EVEN IF THEY WERE GIVNG IT FREE. A bunch of fucking worthless idiots who make a ton of money because they are the only major bmw dealer in a state no bigger than a parking lot. If you live in Delaware, please go to Otto's or West German BMW-it's worth the drive. Trust me--this is the tip of my compliants--I believe it's all the toxic pollution in the air from dupont and the poison water that make the people in de totally incompent..Sorry for the errors in advance-typing this on my blackberry on the train.
So, how do you really feel?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by watercoach' post='779385' date='Jan 28 2009, 12:41 PM

*******Just contacted John Danze at Union Park BMW in wilmington Delaware...HOME OF TAX FREE SHOPPING. If you mention that your part of the e60 forum, he knock off $50 from the maintenance plan. He is the one who pointed out that the plan is tax free i never even thought about that, but for a big ticket item like this it's alot of money to save...remember ask for John Danze 302-573-5234...
How much did you pay for the extended maint. agreement?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote name='mjfloyd1' date='Jan 28 2009, 11:04 PM' post='779863']
How much did you pay for the extended maint. agreement?
[/quot

tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?