Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BAD EXPERIENCE at the dealership today

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i Build Date: Sept 2006 / Monaco Blue / GreyDakota Leather / Dark Wood Trim / 6 Speed Auto w/ Steptronic / Sport Package / Premium Package / Active Halos/ Nav/ Comfort Access/ Logic 7 Sound System/ Comfort Seats / Mods Will be coming...

Hello, I'm Morris and I'm pretty new around here, I've just been looking at the posts for the past year and decided to get an E60 in April..It's a 530i, 2007. I absolutely love it but there is this one problem. Most people here know that there is a common problem with the E60s, a rattle noise coming either from the dash area, or the door panel or even the back of the car. I got all three of them. Anyways so my breaks were squeaking and i decided to get the bimmer checked out at the Seattle dealership due to the fact that it's supposedly better than the one in Bellevue. So I made my appointment about 3 weeks ago and they told me the only available date they have is the 31st because i also needed a rental car. So i told them I'm over 18 on the phone, and she said ok. I'm 19 and yes my parents bought me the car, thank you mom n dad but i got there. I reserved a 335i so i was happy to get my car fixed and having the rattling noise gone, pretty exciting so far. I went to my first class in the morning and then just rushed to the dealership. Of course i had to wait for a lil bit because i was 5 mins late but that was not a problem. I gave the guy my information, my DL and the credit card and then after about 5 more mins he told me he cant give me a rental because i am under 21. I know he can override the computer if he wants to but he was being kind of deuch so i just dropped it, i wanted to talk to the manager. Of course the manager looked at me like i was 5 and he was acting like a smart ass too. I just told them i drive a 5 series and when i take it in for service i expect either the same car or something similar. I even told them ill give them my mom's DL if they wanted it but she cant just come to the dealership because of her busy schedule. They wouldn't understand so i was like, just give me anything. They decided to give me an Enterprise car, a purple kia. Not hating but thats pretty "special" in my opinion. I had to walk to the enterprise place because BMW could not get a hold of them and it was raining outside purty bad. Then they send me back to my car to get my insurance, i was like do u have a way of transportation there please? i ended up walking of course. Then they call my insurance company and my deductible is 1000 so they wanted it to be 500; therefore, no car for me to drive. I basically just got kicked out of the Enterprise company w.o a car. I go to the BMW place and i was so mad that i could have made a scene. All i asked was for my car, the review commentary sheets and some other manager's phone number. The lady who helped me at first was really nice but everyone after that just treated me like i was nothing....I am SOOOOO F*#*# Pissed i just wanna do something about it but i just...cant...im under 21...F*$*##*#*#*#*#*...Anyways thats my introduction to the E60 Forum hahaha...do u guys think i should do anything about it? thank you...

E60 power
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I don't know how things work in Washington, but I can tell you that here in NJ, insurance companies require you to be at least 21 to drive a rental car. The mere face that Enterprise would even have considered giving you any kind of car is more than you would have gotten here. Sorry, I know it stinks, but the insurance companies control just about everything these days.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

I think, its about he same eveywhere else as well but for sure here in CA, you have to be 21 to rent from anybody, dealer or any rental company. Sorry...
Old 10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

I'm 19 as well and I had a similar experience when my 535 went in to get the clear bra installed. I drove myself to the dealership and found out that I had to be 21 to get a rental. Still, there were pretty cool about it and actually had a driver in an X3 drive me home. I guess I can't complain, atleast not to the dealership or BMW, but the whole rental service thing. But it's ok. Next time I'll have my dad go do it and hopefully get a BMW loaner and enjoy that. If not, it's fine too.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats at having a E60 at 19!

Im sorry... but maybe im missing the point. It seems to me that you are upset the dealer and the rental company were unwilling to break the law since you own a bmw. I know it sucks, but there's really nothing you can do about it. You have to be 21 to rent a car period. Of course, they could have been nicer to you about it... but the law is the law.
To me its like saying... "Hey I own a Miller Brewing Company t-shirt... so they should give me some free beer even though i'm not 21".

Just my two cents...
Old 10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i silver grey, 6spd, comfort seats, L7, sport, cold weather, rear heated seats

It seems to me that it rarely comes down to the "law is the law." The enterprise around me (in PA) loans cars out to people under 21 but charges a daily charge for underage drivers. As for the BMW dealerships it varies per person at the dealership not just the place. I used to have a 330 when I was 16 and they used to pick up my car and give me a BMW loaner when I needed it. The first time the guy just asked me if I had a license. One time I dropped the car off myself, big mistake, because they told me I was allowed unless I was 25 and they just gave me a ride home. Basically, just look for the right place.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear about your experience at the dealer. But like everyone said, those people were just following the rules. I'm sure they can make exception, but the thing is if something happened, they would be in trouble (or lost their jobs). Maybe you should go with your parent next time. I know it sucks.

Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures and details about your car.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Build Date: Sept 2006 / Monaco Blue / GreyDakota Leather / Dark Wood Trim / 6 Speed Auto w/ Steptronic / Sport Package / Premium Package / Active Halos/ Nav/ Comfort Access/ Logic 7 Sound System/ Comfort Seats / Mods Will be coming...

Thanks for the support guys. Ya i know its the law i was just mad when i wrote the post. maybe they should have offered me a ride to school and i would have been cool wit it but its ok though. Im gonna go wit my mom tomorrow and hopefully shell get a car, i dont care at this point what it is, i just want my car fixed and im happy haha...ya ill post some pics even though its just stock so far ill be modding it pretty soon. A couple more paychecks and im getting new wheels..woohoo
Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

buy a kia??????
Old 11-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Question

Originally Posted by ionmorris' post='709201' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Ya i know its the law i was just mad when i wrote the post. maybe they should have offered me a ride to school and i would have been cool wit it but its ok though. Im gonna go wit my mom tomorrow and hopefully shell get a car, i dont care at this point what it is, i just want my car fixed and im happy haha...ya ill post some pics even though its just stock so far ill be modding it pretty soon. A couple more paychecks and im getting new wheels..woohoo
"Dogs get mad ... people get angry" ... Life sucks, you pay taxes, then die ... Life is cruel, the laws are unfair, you get to drive a BMW, and can spend your paychecks on new wheels Now tell us the truth, are you really Joe the plumber messin with us ?