Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Bad dealer....BAD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

it all began when i got a call from BMW a month ago to schedule my car for service, a couple of recalls and the CIP upgrade. Went in and told my service advisor to check the service, check pressure in all tires, check on bluetooth compatibility in my car, and the lastest CIP version.

They started work on the car on Wednesday and the dealer calls me during end of the day saying that he won't be able to give the car back today. So i waited till the next day, still the same situation. This occured till friday because while updating the software kept "missing modules" and they had to start over. Finally after some aggrevation (not much) i called them after 3 days to request my car back. The dealer finally finished and mentioned that he tore the leather on my seat :'( and i would have to bring it in in about a week, the car wash was broken so they could not wash the car because their pipes were frozen and the dealer said he was not going to wash the car. To top it all, he did not find out at all about the bluetooth compatibility in the car. Okay fine, i'm not a snob where i have to get the free car wash but after ripping the leather they should atleast take the car down the street and get it washed for me and try to give me a clean car.

My aggrevation point went a lot higher at that point and was furious . finally, the dealer came back on the phone and said he would personally wash the car for me. When i got back to the dealer they had only installed CIP 15.1. That wasn't what i was expecting either. Was expecting a higher version and the dealer assured me that 15.1 was the absolute latest version (which i highly doubted).

This all just happend last week (march 11th). Not a very pleasant experience. Got a call from BMW survey today and i did not give them a 5 or even a 4 in all categories. hopefully this dealer will straighten up after this.

my car being in the dealership for 3 days felt like a total waste!!

So now, my question is....what is the lastest version of CIP out right now?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 16 2005, 03:30 PM
it all began when i got a call from BMW a month ago to schedule my car for service, a couple of recalls and the CIP upgrade.? Went in and told my service advisor to check the service, check pressure in all tires, check on bluetooth compatibility in my car, and the lastest CIP version.

They started work on the car on Wednesday and the dealer calls me during end of the day saying that he won't be able to give the car back today.? So i waited till the next day, still the same situation.? This occured till friday because while updating the software kept "missing modules" and they had to start over.? Finally after some aggrevation (not much) i called them after 3 days to request my car back.? The dealer finally finished and mentioned that he tore the leather on my seat? :'(? and i would have to bring it in in about a week, the car wash was broken so they could not wash the car because their pipes were frozen and the dealer said he was not going to wash the car.? To top it all, he did not find out at all about the bluetooth compatibility in the car.? Okay fine, i'm not a snob where i have to get the free car wash but after ripping the leather they should atleast take the car down the street and get it washed for me and try to give me a clean car.

My aggrevation point went a lot higher at that point and was furious? .? finally, the dealer came back on the phone and said he would personally wash the car for me.? When i got back to the dealer they had only installed CIP 15.1.? That wasn't what i was expecting either.? Was expecting a higher version and the dealer assured me that 15.1 was the absolute latest version (which i highly doubted).?

This all just happend last week (march 11th).? Not a very pleasant experience.? Got a call from BMW survey today and i did not give them a 5 or even a 4 in all categories. hopefully this dealer will straighten up after this.

[snapback]102456[/snapback]
Actually it is 15.1 or 15.2 at most US dealers.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:37 PM
huy
Contributors

Sorry to hear about your experience.. i loss my car for 4 days a couple of weeks ago for some warranty issues, and got updated to CIP 15.2.. sw updates do take a couple of days, but the ripping the leather is a whole another issue..
Old 03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 16 2005, 06:30 PM
it all began when i got a call from BMW a month ago to schedule my car for service, a couple of recalls and the CIP upgrade.? Went in and told my service advisor to check the service, check pressure in all tires, check on bluetooth compatibility in my car, and the lastest CIP version.

They started work on the car on Wednesday and the dealer calls me during end of the day saying that he won't be able to give the car back today.? So i waited till the next day, still the same situation.? This occured till friday because while updating the software kept "missing modules" and they had to start over.? Finally after some aggrevation (not much) i called them after 3 days to request my car back.? The dealer finally finished and mentioned that he tore the leather on my seat? :'(? and i would have to bring it in in about a week, the car wash was broken so they could not wash the car because their pipes were frozen and the dealer said he was not going to wash the car.? To top it all, he did not find out at all about the bluetooth compatibility in the car.? Okay fine, i'm not a snob where i have to get the free car wash but after ripping the leather they should atleast take the car down the street and get it washed for me and try to give me a clean car.

My aggrevation point went a lot higher at that point and was furious? .? finally, the dealer came back on the phone and said he would personally wash the car for me.? When i got back to the dealer they had only installed CIP 15.1.? That wasn't what i was expecting either.? Was expecting a higher version and the dealer assured me that 15.1 was the absolute latest version (which i highly doubted).?

This all just happend last week (march 11th).? Not a very pleasant experience.? Got a call from BMW survey today and i did not give them a 5 or even a 4 in all categories. hopefully this dealer will straighten up after this.

I had a similar experience with my dealer when they couldn't figure out the software upgrade and kept the car for days. The minor damage scratches round the I drive knob on the wood and trim I put down to the mechanics frustration. I bet thats how your leather became ripped. (Bunch of Twats)
Old 03-16-2005, 03:40 PM

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE. I SEE YOUR FROM NEW JERSEY, DO YOU MIND SHARING THE NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP THAT YOU WENT TO? I'M SUPPOSE TO TAKE MY CAR TO BMW OF TURNERSVILLE TOMORROW FOR SOME MINOR ISSUES AND ALSO A SOFTWARE UPDATE. I'M A LITTLE HESITANT BECAUSE THE SA SEEMED LIKE I WAS SPEAKING A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE WHEN I ASKED WHAT SOFTWARE VERSION THEY WERE USING. I ALSO ASKED ABOUT ANY RECALLS AND WAS TOLD THERE WERE NONE. I THOUGHT THERE WAS A RECALL ON THE HEATED SEATS?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 16 2005, 06:30 PM

Sorry to hear about your dealer problems.What dealer are you talking about!! You should put all your dealer experiences good or bad on www.dealerrater.com so every one can benefit from them.Hope you get everything straightened out.
cheers
vern
Old 03-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Previous BMW's owned: 2012 X3 2011 335 cic 2010 535 Touring 2009 335 cic 2008 535 Touring 2007 535 Touring 2006 330cic 2005 330cic 2004 545i 2003 745i 2001 740i 1999 540i 1997 540i 1995 540i 1988 635i 1987 635i 1984 633i 1983 528e

I am also in New Jersey. Please tell me the name of this dealership so that I can avoid him.
Thanks,
Art
Watchung, N.J.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by guest' date='Mar 16 2005, 07:40 PM
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE.? I SEE YOUR FROM NEW JERSEY, DO YOU MIND SHARING THE NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP THAT YOU WENT TO?? I'M SUPPOSE TO TAKE MY CAR TO BMW OF TURNERSVILLE? TOMORROW FOR SOME MINOR ISSUES AND ALSO A SOFTWARE UPDATE.? I'M A LITTLE HESITANT BECAUSE THE SA SEEMED LIKE I WAS SPEAKING A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE WHEN I ASKED WHAT SOFTWARE VERSION THEY WERE USING.? I ALSO ASKED ABOUT ANY RECALLS AND WAS TOLD THERE WERE NONE.? I THOUGHT THERE WAS A RECALL ON THE HEATED SEATS?
[snapback]102494[/snapback]
yea...what can ya do....atleast you have to go through that experience once <_<

It was Princeton BMW....it wasn't much of the dealership that gave me the problem because in the past they have been excellent but the service employee Carlos was a pain in the butt. he did not want to work with you on these issues and wasn't too pleasant. I would highly recommend Princeton BMW but avoid Carlos.

I was going to get my car last year from Open Road BMW on Rt. 1 in Edison, NJ but my father in the past had many bad experiences from there. Not just one. So i got recommended to Princeton BMW.

Hope this helps