Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

back from service

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='May 1 2004, 02:21 PM
Skidster, are you saying you don't have the "all stations" function in place of autostore?
didn't think it was an 'either//or' situation...

all stations is all stations,
autostore is 6 strongest signals.. much quicker and kinda useful...

point again is the busNav is meant to come with proRadio which supports mp3 and autostore -- and it seems that is NOT what they've given me
Old 05-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Hey Skidster - Where did you read or who told you that you would have the autostore function? As far as I can recall I never heard or read something about having an autostore function, I am just wondering where you found this information.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by skidster' date='May 1 2004, 05:17 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='May 1 2004, 02:21 PM'] Skidster, are you saying you don't have the "all stations" function in place of autostore?
didn't think it was an 'either//or' situation...

all stations is all stations,
autostore is 6 strongest signals.. much quicker and kinda useful...

point again is the busNav is meant to come with proRadio which supports mp3 and autostore -- and it seems that is NOT what they've given me [/quote]
Not sure how you can say that autostore is quicker than "all stations". Autostore makes you ask for, then wait until it finds the 6 strongest, where "all stations" will already have them plus a few more to boot -- before you even ask for them!

Kinda useful? Absolutely!

To me, "all stations" is a much improved autostore. If you have it, I can't figure out why you seem so obsessed with reverting to something that isn't as useful.

Since I'm still not sure you actually have the "all stations" feature, all I can say is that if you do, you should play with it a bit. If you don't have it or the old-fashioned autostore, then clearly you are missing a feature that is useful and your complaint is warranted.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Members

Hi Skidster

I have busNav and, like you, cannot get TMC to work at all in the UK. However, I saw with my own eyes that it works a treat in Germany and it works with the nav to dynamically re-route as well. I think the manual says that TMC is not implemented in the UK and it lists the EC countries that have it. Anyone else have any info? My dealer knows jack sh1t on the subject.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

My TMC works perfectly well (the carrier frequency in the UK is Classic FM), so the not implemented in the UK thing is utter bs. I have Prof Nav though.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

tmc is NOT in the busNav - it is not the same as TP.. TMC is in place on 8000-odd miles of UK roadway but will not, at this time, work on busNav

as for autostore, yes i have all stations, but the autostore is meant to be on top of that and provide the 6 strongest...
Old 05-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Members

OK, leaving our TLAs aside for a moment,

The thing that I would like to see work in the UK is described on page 113 of the UK manual as "Calling up traffic information" and is the last menu on the right when within i-drive Nav.

This service works great in Germany as previously mentioned. It even works with dynamic routing, as described on page 109.

Now whether this is, or is not, TMC or whatever else, it does the job of navigating around traffic hotspots (stau if you're in Germany) and I want it. Now, anyone have anything to add because, predicatbly, the dealer is silent on the issue.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='May 2 2004, 01:48 PM
Now whether this is, or is not, TMC or whatever else, it does the job of navigating around traffic hotspots (stau if you're in Germany) and I want it.? Now, anyone have anything to add because, predicatbly, the dealer is silent on the issue.
yes, this IS TMC... exactly.
and of course i want it too - it was promised / sold to me and i bloody want it...

(TP is the radio/interruption with traffic update thing, and technically is still at tla :-)

i had been told by BMW UK that it would not be available until q3 - likely November 2004 - and what my dealer told me this week is that it will not be enabled because, in his words "it works only automatically - it re-routes you and you can't stop it from doing so, even though of course it is indicated that you should be able to do so - because of this software problem they are not expecting to have TMC enabled with busNav"

yes i am rather unhappy about this
and about answer wrt to things like brakeforce display

and his telling me that according to the production spec of my car i will NEVER be able to play native MP3s as radio is NOT the professional two-tuner deal: even though my busNav was sold and advertised as having profRadio (two tuners, etc.) - and he has no way to check one way or the other...

looking at the tuner settings in the iDrive setup menu the radio stuff does not seem to indicate two tuners... so does it, or does yours, have Prof radio with two tuners as you expect?
Old 05-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

What?s the messages called in the list under TRAFFIC INFORMATION in I-Drive.

There I get all road works and traffic jams etc.
I have to scroll through the list and select the road I?m travelling on, to be able to see whats the problem.

Is this TMC or just TP?

I have the Bus Nav ( for two more weeks! ).
Old 05-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Cidair: yes, that is TMC

can you give me a dealer reference to give to my tech guy here in the UK? (feel free to send it by email) - he is trying to make me happy but is obviously getting the wrong info - or i need to have it as proof to cut through the lies (should that be the case... maybe BMW UK needs to pay license fees or something, i have no idea!)

is this frustrating or WHAT! misinformation, disinformation is all i am running across and i just want what was promised to me...

cidair: tell me, does yours play mp3s? does the radio, under FM, have memorised, all stations, and autostore or no autostore?

almost making me wish i'd gone for the e-series (ok, not quite, but it is bloody irritating)

Quick Reply: back from service