Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT A P.U.M.A. IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

More proof the SA's at my local dealer do not know what they are doing.
He told me he had to get a puma from BMWNA for my car.
When I got my car back, it had this on the windshield:

ANYONE KNOW WHAT A P.U.M.A. IS-puma.jpg
Old 03-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Monaco Blue w/ Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation, Active Steering, PDC

haha good one!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Arrow

Originally Posted by Member545' post='249019' date='Mar 2 2006, 11:48 PM
A cat of many names, the Puma is also known as the Cougar, Panther or Mountain Lion. In general the size and coloration of the cat varies greatly across its range, which stretches from the south west of Canada down the western states of North America and throughout most western parts of the South American continent. In the north of its range and in higher mountainous regions the pumas coat is generally longer to provide additional protection against the extremes in temperature - the colour of the fur varies from slate grey, through yellow buff to light reddish brown. In appearance the puma has a small, broad head with small rounded ears, a powerful body with long hind legs and tail, which is tipped with black.
Just what we need ,another comedian.Give the guy a break,he has some serious problems he wants to get.
straighten out.
cheers
vern
Old 03-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Member545' post='249019' date='Mar 3 2006, 04:48 AM
A cat of many names, the Puma is also known as the Cougar, Panther or Mountain Lion. In general the size and coloration of the cat varies greatly across its range, which stretches from the south west of Canada down the western states of North America and throughout most western parts of the South American continent. In the north of its range and in higher mountainous regions the pumas coat is generally longer to provide additional protection against the extremes in temperature - the colour of the fur varies from slate grey, through yellow buff to light reddish brown. In appearance the puma has a small, broad head with small rounded ears, a powerful body with long hind legs and tail, which is tipped with black.
It made me laugh anyway

In respect of the original post - I would have asked the service guy to explain what it meant. I think that (probably rightly) the BMW system requires dealers to check everything formally rather than rely on what the customer tells them.

I found this with door seals - I told the dealer they needed replacement and showed him the BMWNA TIS bulletin, but he wouldn't take my word for it and had to square it off with BMW himself.

I don't think there is a way round this sort of delay, but if it were me I'd make a point of phoning the dealer every hour for an update and make a real fuss if it dragged on.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil
Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Thanks everyone for your help. I WILL have answers today and will post the results. Im already tired of driving this piece of crap, smelly mazda 6.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Well here is the latest news. Talked to the service manager today in person. My windshield creaking is a known problem for all e60s and some 7 series. Problem is that these cars flex becasue of there use of aluminum fronts. THERE IS NO REAL FIX AS OF YET. Best they can do is lube the seal around the windshield wich provides a temporary fix. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO COMPLAIN, so that they can come up with a similar fix as the door seals. The service manager seemed very concerned and disapointed that he didnt have a real solution to the problem. I guess I have no choice but to deal with this issue for the time being, it should be better with the lube and warm weather, but I will use this issue when I need freebies from the dealer, like installing my PS2s.