Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Is anybody's interior a-pillar peeling?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Sep 26 2004, 06:41 PM
I couldn't agree more.? It's just stupid how BMW is wasting money by waiting for the actual hearing.? The car will have depreciated more, and we'll have paid a lot more payments that they'll have to refund.? It's such a clear cut case, and it's a major pain in the neck having a vehicle this unreliable.? You have no idea how much of my time this bum car takes up with its problems-- the problems themselves,? the phone calls, the writing, the appointments themselves, the driving to and from dealers, and on and on it goes.? This problem, however, is obviously just an annoyance & doesn't critically affect the driveability of the car like so many of our other problems!
[snapback]38425[/snapback]
trust me, i completely understand and feel your pain but it's hard to believe this will end up to a lawsuit . most of your problems are "fixable" by the dealer but seems like they just don't care at all . i wonder you are the only "lucky" one treated by them like this or their other customers are having the same "royal treatment"?
Old 09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Members

no problem, mine did the same thing. took it in for service and the dealer repalced both pillars. i really dont know why it was doing that but they got replaced.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It looks horrible. Your car is a mondaymorning car definately. One thing I've learned in the past is the more your car is at the dealership the more problems you will get. I will rather have it in my garage then at the dealer.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Your luck is just horrible at the moment. Good luck with the case and I hope all ends well for you.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:43 AM
Members

huh God.. That's terrible.

SOme cars really behave like they were "Made in China"
Old 09-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Contributors

I am getting depressd by all of these problems folks!!! (I know not as depressed as those that have them.) I have to think positive thoughts here, click my heels and everything will be wonderful.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

my car has the same thing in both pillars!! My service light is on so I'm taking the car for service tomorrow for them to fix it... I thought I was the only one..guess not manufactures defect?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Wow your hartge wheels look great!!! I saw a nice offer on them and have been thinking about them a lot hehehe.. Unfortunately my wife won't let me buy them :'( :'(
Old 09-27-2004, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

SueBMW, I'm sorry to hear about all the crap you are going through.
OTH I am happy that you got the car, and not me, because usually I get all the problems others have PLUS some problems nobody ever had before.
So I know what you are going through...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Radu530d' date='Sep 27 2004, 05:43 AM
huh God.. That's terrible.

SOme cars really behave like they were "Made in China"
[snapback]38489[/snapback]
Just wait!!! I heard they're going to make E60s in China next year!!! Asian buyers will probably get hit first. So make sure you check where it's made from! Hopefully there won't be a difference, but you never know... <_<

Quick Reply: Is anybody's interior a-pillar peeling?