Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Any decent dealers in SE England?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at buying a 550 or an M5 - or at least I was.

Dealer one (Hexagon Highgate) - "no extended test drives, but you can hire a car from us. You own a BMW so you should know what the cars are like."
Dealer two (Cooper Cobham) - only one sales person on a Sunday, "you should have made an appointment"

This would be my seventh BMW and I have to say the dealers have always seemed to be very reluctant to bother with little things like customer service.

The Aston Martin dealer around the corner may be getting a visit from me next week.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Have you tried Vines in Guildford? I used to get my E46 service done there and the service was pretty good.
I am sure you will get a better service if you ask to buy the M5
Old 10-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by cjbryce' post='1035083' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:47 AM
Dealer one (Hexagon Highgate) - "no extended test drives, but you can hire a car from us. You own a BMW so you should know what the cars are like."
Dealer two (Cooper Cobham) - only one sales person on a Sunday, "you should have made an appointment"
This is typical of many dealerships,not just BMW.Around 9 years ago I had 24 hour test drives in cars from BMW,Audi,Lexus and Alfa Romeo,and they covered the insurance.You do not get that any more,it's more likely to be a 15 to 30 minute accompanied drive if you are lucky.
Before buying my current BMW,I did drop in at a large Mercedes dealership for a look in the showroom and to pick up brochures,etc.The receptionist asked who I had an appointment with and seemed quite surprised that I had not telephoned a "sales advisor" before visiting!I then had to wait before someone was available before getting any information.I did not bother them again!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

dealers are filth

private probably better option
Old 10-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

I wouldn't recommend Hexagon Highgate. They're ok but don't seem to want to you know post sale. Barons of Farnborough is a top quality place for customer service. They're a large dealer and I'm sure will be able to help you out.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

yup, to start with i couldnt get any customer service at sytner harold wood, they gave me the impression they thought i couldnt afford to buy a BMW
Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='1035248' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:43 PM
yup, to start with i couldnt get any customer service at sytner harold wood, they gave me the impression they thought i couldnt afford to buy a BMW

Yeap, dealers are just plain shit aren't they. I only step once in Stratstone, snob b****s. I can see their looks on a not clean shaven, casual wear, foreigner ..
To be honest though, Elvet have been very helpfull and undersanding to my surprise. Unfortunately is very difficult to find proper dealers and not many might be around your area...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by spiros' post='1036147' date='Oct 20 2009, 01:02 AM
Yeap, dealers are just plain shit aren't they. I only step once in Stratstone, snob b****s. I can see their looks on a not clean shaven, casual wear, foreigner ..
To be honest though, Elvet have been very helpfull and undersanding to my surprise. Unfortunately is very difficult to find proper dealers and not many might be around your area...
is that stratstone in chesterfield?, my car was from that dealership when it was new.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='1036411' date='Oct 20 2009, 08:18 AM
is that stratstone in chesterfield?, my car was from that dealership when it was new.
No, newcastle
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Completely standard (but well specced) 530d 2006

There are two dealers local to me in KENT. One in Canterbury and one in Ashford both are the same franchise.
I initially went to the Canterbury one as the car I wanted was there. One guy was useless......it was all too much hassle to sell me a car and take my money!!!!! Eventally I started dealing with the head salesperson who was great and willing to help. They allowed test drives but it was accompanied and lasted approx 30 mins. They only have one sales person working on a Sunday though.

The Ashford dealer handled my last service. They were faultless.....I could not have asked for better service, communication and help. PERFECT.

All I can say is check them out...........WAIT its a choice between a BMW or an Aston........ What are you doing....get round the corner and check out those Aston's (I realise that is probably not a popular sugestion ;-)

Quick Reply: Any decent dealers in SE England?