Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

anthracite headliner

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be first in line!!

problem is... I don't think a german dealer would be able to move too many LHD cars before raising some eyebrows at BMW HQ...... they probably wont like one of their dealers undercutting their entire distribution of US Spec vehicles..... not to mention the problems with our emissions and DOT regulations.....

perhaps a Parts group buy could be organized by some Europe members??
Old 08-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Senior Members

Initialdl,

My idea may not be as off the wall as it sounds. There are a limited number of US enthusiasts on this board compared to total US sales and European dealers can provide tax free export sales. When I shipped a car over from Germany to the UK the dealer even used the same shipping line as BMW itself does. I can't believe that an enterprising German dealer could not provide a US spec car (DOT regs etc) with Euro spec options. Step forward the first US citizen to purchase an M sport body kit equipped 545i with amethyst leather perhaps .....
Old 08-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Sounds very interesting.

Then you could probably also get the BMW Individual stuff.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I am pretty sure that if you would be able to order your car through a German dealer, the car would be German spec, or in case they are able to order a different country spec car, the catalogue for the country would be the one you could chose options from.
What I'm saying is, if you would order a US spec car through a German dealer, you would have the same options to chose from as anybody else in the US. You would not be able to order a US spec car, and add options who are not available in the US. Same for other countrys.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

CRRobert,

Unable to get heated steering wheel, heated rear seats or headlight cleaning system due to ventilated seats ???

That is mad. In the UK you can have these options but you have to have heated seats if you want the heated steering wheel. And what do seats or the steering wheel have to do with a headlight cleaning system?

The options availability in the US is pretty weird. I can understand them wanting to standardise things due to most US buyers preference of taking a car off the lot but surely they should allow some leeway if you factory order and make you place a non-refundable deposit.

Iceman,

I ordered a UK spec car with non-available UK options from a German dealer. I did the exact same thing with a Belgian dealer too. The German dealer supplied me with a 318i Touring sport (sport model not even available in UK at the time) with Titan line interior trim (standard spec is black cube trim on sport models).

For what it's worth, a German Audi dealer was also able to order me an A4 in RHD with supposedly German Market only options. It seems that it is the importer in each country which narrows down the choice of options, not the factory. If it is possible, they will build it. Trim options do not interfere with safety equipment and can therefore be supplied on any car.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

THis is very interesting indeed..

I will say it now... if any of you guys can actually pull this off..i'm first in line!!

Pennetta, i was referring to this:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=1785

pix are in that thread..... it's suede-looking...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Contributors

ISUK, yeah , the ordering system won't let the dealer configure it. Go figure.

Can someone point me to a contact for BMWNA that I can write or email? TIA
Old 08-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

My dealer does UK spec cars. He told me so himself
Old 08-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

But then I bet he uses the option list for UK cars, not the list of options for the Netherlands... right ?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 9 2004, 07:23 PM
But then I bet he uses the option list for UK cars, not the list of options for the Netherlands... right ?
Not quite. In Holland you can order the parking heater, in the UK you can't.

Quick Reply: anthracite headliner