Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

anthracite headliner

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the time draws near for me to drop the cash for the 5er.. i've got more and more questions..

so here's my newest....
does anyone know if we can order the anthracite headliner for the US spec 545i's.... i vaguely recall seeing one on the showroom floor while ago at a local dealership, but I can't be absolutely sure.. can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA,
Dennis
Old 08-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

For the Dutch MY2005 it is a new option we can choose. Don't know for the US.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Contributors

It is standard here on the X3 Sport. I didn't like it at all, it made the car really dark and cramped inside. I'd have a good look at it before you order it..
Old 08-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I feel the same way.. I have a beige interior and happy that the headliner is beige too.. Nice and light!
Old 08-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

My headliner is a stippled grey, is this anthracite?
Old 08-08-2004, 02:16 PM
HiFiMan

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Aug 8 2004, 06:40 AM
My headliner is a stippled grey, is this anthracite?
Do you have any pics?

I really want the Auburn Interior but it looks bad with the light gray headliner. My E-46 M3 has a nice, almost black - dark gray headlinner that would look appropiate in the Auburn interior choice.

No one seems to know about this darker headliner at the dealer.

Thaks, HiFiMan
Old 08-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The anthracite headliner is an option in Germany now (September) and is also available with individual packages.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 8 2004, 04:19 PM
The anthracite headliner is an option in Germany now (September) and is also available with individual packages.
Damn you Iceman!! .. why must you always either extend my mod list.. or tell me things that make me jealous of all you Euro-spec'd bimmer owners! Informative yes, but troublesome in my decision-making process...

I was just told upon going to the dealers over the weekend that Individual program takes probably half a year to a year before leaking itself over to the US....

My wait may be longer than expected before taking delivery...... :'(
Old 08-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Initialdl' date='Aug 9 2004, 05:14 PM
Damn you Iceman!! .. why must you always either extend my mod list.. or tell me things that make me jealous of all you Euro-spec'd bimmer owners! Informative yes, but troublesome in my decision-making process...
I'm sorry!
I hope you believe me when I say, I don't get paid a commission from BMW when extending your mod list...
Old 08-09-2004, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Iceman,

Do you know if a German dealer would supply a car to a US buyer? I'm just curious really as I bought a 318 Touring in Sport model spec 2 years ago from a German dealer in RHD for the UK. At that point in time BMW GB would not supply a 318 Touring Sport model. It seemed that German dealers could order what they liked in terms of equipment, trim and packages.

I only ask as there appear to a lot of guys in the US who want euro only options. Maybe you should start up a little export business there..... I sense a money making opportunity. Euro delivery with airport transfers inlcluded courtesy of Iceman in his very nice 545i perhaps?

Quick Reply: anthracite headliner