Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just got news my car wont be ready till monday

so from the day i buy it i have to wait 5 days tp get it

thats BMW for you!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by hooked' post='312983' date='Jul 20 2006, 01:27 AM
Sup pee pole

I am leasing a 2007 525i with the following options:

Navigation
Sport Package
Premium Package
Xenon w/ Adaptive
Tiptronic Tranny

What i wanna know is if I am getting a good lease deal Im in Southern California Los Angeles Area,

4000 total drive off and 580 a month
and my statefarm insurance is 100,000 300,000 100,000 for 120 a month

Please let me know ASAP im am signing for the car tomorrow at 4:30pm

oh btw it's an Alpine White with Dakota Black interior.

Thanks,
HooKed
If what you are getting is eqivalent to purchasing at about .92 X MSRP + $500, then you are getting a good deal. Making this determination is a complicated matter that reqires a lot of work. And, even if someone is willing to do so, then it would be impossible to make the calculation without a wealth of additional information. Online lease versus purchase calculators can get you somewhat close to what you want to know, but they are overly simplistic.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='313439' date='Jul 20 2006, 06:11 PM
If what you are getting is eqivalent to purchasing at about .92 X MSRP + $500, then you are getting a good deal. Making this determination is a complicated matter that reqires a lot of work. And, even if someone is willing to do so, then it would be impossible to make the calculation without a wealth of additional information. Online lease versus purchase calculators can get you somewhat close to what you want to know, but they are overly simplistic.
Well im getting it for 49,250 which is about close to 1k over invoice "so they say"

I decided to call a bunch of other dealers but none of them except 1 wanted to even touch a deal like that.
and the one that was willing said that they are pinching pennies but he thinks he can get it for me at 5 bucks less a month

This one had the SZL and another problem and I dont even have the car yet and cant take another one since the one i am getting is a White with black interior and there is only 2 in all of the surrounding west coast states one is still on the truck and the other is in service........So I am very disappointed at BMW

I mean who buys a brand NEW car 2007 and cant even drive it cuz its in service for recalls....sheesh

Thanks for the reply,
HooKed
Old 07-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by hooked' post='313469' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:33 PM
Well im getting it for 49,250 which is about close to 1k over invoice "so they say"

I decided to call a bunch of other dealers but none of them except 1 wanted to even touch a deal like that.
and the one that was willing said that they are pinching pennies but he thinks he can get it for me at 5 bucks less a month

This one had the SZL and another problem and I dont even have the car yet and cant take another one since the one i am getting is a White with black interior and there is only 2 in all of the surrounding west coast states one is still on the truck and the other is in service........So I am very disappointed at BMW

I mean who buys a brand NEW car 2007 and cant even drive it cuz its in service for recalls....sheesh

Thanks for the reply,
HooKed
You are very welcome. Your deal sounds fine to me as you describe it. I always want the dealer and my SA to make a few dollars and to look good. Then, they tend to be happy to see me, and they tend to do little favors here and there. I don't see any point in trying to sqeeze them until they bleed. You might want to bargain up front for the things they will try to sell you on the way through the financing department. They can even work some of those things into the residual value that way--e.g. tint. As I recall, they worked tint into my residual value. Personally, I would not buy anything on the way out for more than 50%, or perhaps even less, of their starting price. On thing that happened to me, or for me, was pretty funny. My SA guaranteed me tint for a certain price and wrote it into my contract. Then, the finance guy became annoyed when he found out and gave it to me for a lower price.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Members

I agree we did absolutly no negociating. He said "man ima be straight with you, this is the best I can do and Ill give it to you in writing so you can go check other dealers out cuz i know your going to"

He's a cool guy when he found out that my car is not going to be ready till monday-tuesday he said Ima hook you up somehow.

I dont know how hes planning on hooking it up but i think hes gonna up the miles from 10k to 12k a year.

HooKed

P.S. forgot to mention he was the manager of the internet department.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hooked' post='313472' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:44 PM
I agree we did absolutly no negociating. He said "man ima be straight with you, this is the best I can do and Ill give it to you in writing so you can go check other dealers out cuz i know your going to"

He's a cool guy when he found out that my car is not going to be ready till monday-tuesday he said Ima hook you up somehow.

I dont know how hes planning on hooking it up but i think hes gonna up the miles from 10k to 12k a year.

HooKed

P.S. forgot to mention he was the manager of the internet department.
Excellent. Happy motoring, and let us hear about your car when you get it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Forget the 525...upgrade to the 530. For a few extra bucks, the power is well worth it. Also, if you do a 3 year lease the money factor goes down. I believe it's .00310 for a 2 year and .0025 for a 3 year. Do a 3 year and upgrade to the 530i. Your payment won't be much higher than what you got going on right now. Better bang for your buck...IMHO.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='313488' date='Jul 20 2006, 08:38 PM
Forget the 525...upgrade to the 530. For a few extra bucks, the power is well worth it. Also, if you do a 3 year lease the money factor goes down. I believe it's .00310 for a 2 year and .0025 for a 3 year. Do a 3 year and upgrade to the 530i. Your payment won't be much higher than what you got going on right now. Better bang for your buck...IMHO.
Problem is that, that deal is only on a 2 year lease

I see your logic behind the upgrade but the way i see it is if im goin to a 530 might as well move up to a 550
I can get the 550 for 880 including tax but just want the car for the looks mainly I have my 944 turbo for when i wanna perform.

Thanks for your replys
HooKed
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hooked' post='313502' date='Jul 20 2006, 11:11 PM
Problem is that, that deal is only on a 2 year lease

I see your logic behind the upgrade but the way i see it is if im goin to a 530 might as well move up to a 550
I can get the 550 for 880 including tax but just want the car for the looks mainly I have my 944 turbo for when i wanna perform.

Thanks for your replys
HooKed
Fun rain car. There are a few around here--both red, very nice, and heavily modded with fat fat tires. What is your's like?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='313505' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:14 PM
Fun rain car. There are a few around here--both red, very nice, and heavily modded with fat fat tires. What is your's like?
Yes i have an 88 with the lindsey racing 363rwhp kit that been modded a lil more to give me 415 at the wheels I also have the LSD tranny.
Man i bought this car for 3,500 and spent 2,800 on the kit including install and I can smoke
Vipers, Corvettes ( havent raced a new z06 yet) and pretty much any other car on the road all day long.

These cars have one of the best handlings i have seen so well balanced engine in the front tranny in the back

check out lindseyracing's site youll see the power they are getting outta these 2.5l 4cly engines its amazing
oh forgot to mention my car has over 200k miles on it. it has all that power and is still an everyday driver. and the gas milege is great.

I have one red one (the one mentioned above) and one black one (not modded)
I had 19" HRE's on it 265's front 295's rear

So anyways its my favorite car.

HooKed

Quick Reply: Am I getting a good deal?