Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

? about production status

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,

newbie, but been following this site for awhile. i just ordered a 530i last week and asked my ca today to provide me with a vin/prod # so i can get on the bmw owner's circle website to check on the status of my car. the akward thing was the sports and premium package was not listed under the area "factory ordered options". pdc, logic 7, rear folding seats, automatic, nav, comfort access was listed. i asked my ca and she said they "ordered the exact car to my criteria and sometimes, they forget to list other options. but trust me, the sp/prem pack is in there." should i believe her, i don't find any reason not to, but just skeptical?? does anybody remember when you checked on the status of your order were there options not listed?? i just hope they don't mess up my order and i have to wait another 2 months. this actually happen to a co-worker of mine before.......
Old 09-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Members

Hi - welcome to the forum!

I had this exact question when I ordered my car in June. The packages that you order are not listed on the BMW Owner's Circle order tracking site. For some reason, only the non-package items are shown there. The key document is the order sheet that the dealer gave you - that should have every item (including the packages) listed. If you don't have one of those, make sure you get one.

My car was delivered with every feature I requested even though the premium and sport packages were not listed on the order tracking website.

Enjoy the anticipation of your new car...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

you can also call this number and talk to someone from the BMW. They should be able to give you more info.

800-831-1117
Old 09-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='334771' date='Sep 15 2006, 07:25 AM
you can also call this number and talk to someone from the BMW. They should be able to give you more info.

800-831-1117
thanks chris.y and EBMCS03. i will call the number and double-check just in case. yah, the wait is already getting to me.....
Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

so what they say? did you call the number?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='334853' date='Sep 15 2006, 12:22 PM
so what they say? did you call the number?

yes.., i just called and verified that sp/prem pack is on the car!!! the rep said for some reason, they don't list the packages on there for "many" cars?? go figure...... anyways, my car was loaded on a ship yesterday and eta will be another 3-4 weeks to the west coast. countdown seems longer and longer...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Members

It's a really nice moment when you get to see your new car for the first time. It makes the 4 week wait worth it!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Members

Royal8, I had the same issue with mine, BMW owners circle was missing the premium package, but CA verified it was on the order. When the car arrived it was perfect. It had every option I ordered. My first month with the car has been just awesome. I have spent a lot of time looking through the manual too, very helpful, and so is this site. You WILL have questions about things after you get it. Also, don't forget about the breakin period............I'm half way there. Oh yeah, don't forget, you can track your car on the ocean cargo shipping site as well, I forgot the name of the shipping line, Willenius I think?? but you can do a search on this site. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tomv' post='334898' date='Sep 15 2006, 03:07 PM
Royal8, I had the same issue with mine, BMW owners circle was missing the premium package, but CA verified it was on the order. When the car arrived it was perfect. It had every option I ordered. My first month with the car has been just awesome. I have spent a lot of time looking through the manual too, very helpful, and so is this site. You WILL have questions about things after you get it. Also, don't forget about the breakin period............I'm half way there. Oh yeah, don't forget, you can track your car on the ocean cargo shipping site as well, I forgot the name of the shipping line, Willenius I think?? but you can do a search on this site. Good luck.
wow, i thought only the dealer has access to cargo shipping tracking. all this tracking info is giving me an anxiety attack!!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 530xi Monaco Blue / Beige Dakota Manual, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7/Sirius/Changer, Comfort Seats, Fold-down Rear Seats Long-time A4 driver - 'not thrilled' with new A6, moving to 5er

Just want to add that I have had the same exact experience with the absence of requested packages on the order summary - while single line-item features were listed/visible. I even saw Logic7 on the list one day and off the next day! Although the dealer ensured that they check all the requested features and packages twice before sending in the order, I still felt nervous enough about the lack of premium and cold-weather packages listed on the order tracking site to write an email and call the toll-free number to get a confirmation. BMW didn't go into anything like "we encounter this all the time" (and they should - or better yet, fix what's visible to us on the order tracking system), but they confirmed my requested features were indeed on the order sheet. I'm still about 5% worried that things won't be there when the car delivers next month. . . but this forum discussion is certainly making me feel better. Hope it does the same for you.

Quick Reply: ? about production status