5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   ?. about buy back (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/about-buy-back-25478/)

buddy 05-07-2006 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My car has been in and out of the shop for the bluetooth retrofit since the module came out. The shop guys have and are trying everything, numerose puma's modules, flashes,cradles, BTUM's, reprograms and still does not work, I even asked them to try installing a cd changer the other day to see if Idrive would accept it and it failed. Now with that said there is obviously a serious problem with the cars electronics, i am willing to go one more week without my car. What do you think my chances are for BMW NA to buy my car back and i get one that works Sept 03 build 1st one brought in Richmond 26000 miles excellant condition other wise. I am will to pay a smidge out of pocket because of the cars age, and i would be obviously getting a newer version but not much what can i expect from NA as i will be calling them starting next week and lobying what are my chances, signed love my car but damn.

Attachment 18667

legalman 05-07-2006 05:22 AM

Virtually no chance they will buy your car back.

sese 05-07-2006 06:14 AM

the same happended to a friend of our family. his 7 series burned out after he retrofitted bluetooth. the electronic had many malfunctions and then the car completely burned out. damn! i hope it won't happen to your car.

legalman 05-07-2006 06:35 AM

It may be worthwhile to talk to a lawyer specializing in Lemon Law cases - although this probably would not qualify under Virginia state lemon law statute, you may have a Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act claim assuming this problem can be shown to be a defect in manufacture or workmanship. My recollection is that the early 04 models, like my car, were fitted out to a bluetooth spec that changed - which would not be BMW's fault - but I am not sure about that.

Ray Hull 05-07-2006 06:59 AM

Buddy, the key element here is that the car, as you received it, is fine. That you are unable to get later additions or upgrades to work is not the fault of the basic vehicle that you bought. I would strongly suggest that you try another dealer or get the attention of BMWNA on the grounds that their additions aren't meshing; but forget buyback. This is really a trivial accessory issue, not one for remedy of a fatal flaw.

Good luck,
Ray Hull

pennetta 05-07-2006 07:17 AM

I remember that BMW was not advertising Bluetooth for the early cars and that the TCU from the March '04 build would be the earliest that would work. I have a March build which does work.
As far as Lemon Laws, they were designed to protect individuals so if you write-off any portion of your car on your tax return you are no longer considered an individual and are no longer protected.(at least in NY)

gIzzE 05-07-2006 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='278992' date='May 7 2006, 04:17 PM
I remember that BMW was not advertising Bluetooth for the early cars and that the TCU from the March '04 build would be the earliest that would work. I have a March build which does work.
As far as Lemon Laws, they were designed to protect individuals so if you write-off any portion of your car on your tax return you are no longer considered an individual and are no longer protected.(at least in NY)

I think you are all missing something here, the car will not even take a CD canger, meaning there is a serious problem somewhere, a cd changer has always been advertised as an accessory and as such should be compatible with the car at any time, if it can not be made to work then BMW will have to offer a solution.

I would not press them on the bluetooth module, but would work more on the fact it will not take a cd changer and see where that gets you. :thumbsup:

I would expect then either to get it working, or supply you with a car that does work of a similar age, mileage and spec., you can't really ask for any more than that if you bought the car 3 years ago!!

buddy 05-07-2006 11:53 AM

Thanks for the replys guys, the fact that there may be some electrical issuse is my cross to bere, at the least a cd changer should work and i like others was told that these things were being fixed at the factory it was deemed as software mismatch's when i brought the car. Trust me i am not trying to get something for nothing but the fact that other cars with the same production date has worked with these approved retrofits are puzzleing to me the car has been worked on by both dealerships in Richmond and they are perplexed also. Now you say they did not offer bluetooth in my car my saleman did but BMW did offer handsfree with a cpt9000 that wont even work in my car i have a v60. Like i said 3 years is the time it took BMW to rectify there bobble on this, so i could of course only wait paitiently, and i would be willing to purchase another car with some consessions my car is almost paid for and i would hate to have to start over again at least completly maybe the dealership could take mine and make it a loaner and i can get another :thumbsup:. Again i am just afraid that if nothing can be fitted to this car if i have a problem after warrenty could i even afford to have it fixed electricaly that is. Thanks again guys for your answers to my plight as minor as it may be

pennetta 05-07-2006 03:55 PM

I would call BMWNA and complain. I always get a call from BMWNA after every service to see if I am satisfied. If I am not satisfied they have someone call me from the correct department at BMWNA or from my local dealer. The CD changer should work. BMWNA also reads these forums because I was contacted by them and my local dealer followed up about my problem that I posted here.

ICEMAN 316 05-07-2006 08:51 PM

I doubt they'll would do a buy back.. If it was a engine or transmission problem then I could see them buying it back