Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

800 miles to service

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by merklebob' post='199705' date='Nov 18 2005, 01:11 AM
in the usa we get 4 years and 48000 miles free maintance. dont you????
No. A two year warranty - that's all.

There are availble all kinds of service packages but they all cost.

And this not all. The US E60's has a lot more standard equipment.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kev525' post='199951
in the usa we get 4 years and 48000 miles free maintance. dont you????
Nope - here in the UK the service inclusive package is an optional extra. I've looked at the cost for the 3 yr and 5 yr options and for the mileage I do (less than 10k miles per annum), it's not worth it for me. (Especially as I'll do all the maintenance myself when the manufacturers warranty runs out).

Originally Posted by colejl' post='199921' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:18 AM
Indeed - I'm glad I bought the Service Inclusive! My car was serviced recently and they won't do anything other than what's listed on the iDrive... Fortunately, my Brake Fluid light came on during the drive to the garage for it's oil change. However, they refused to replace the Particle Filter even though it was very close! It's now just about to turn orange after about 2 weeks after the service! Annoying, as I have to visit the dealer again really soon!

A work colleage of mine (BMW530) also has the service inclusive package and he seems to spend more time taking the car back and forth to the dealer for seperate service items to be changed that he spends driving it!. Doesn't make sense that they won't change microfilters, brake fluid or anything else that shows up if they are all due within a very short period. If you were having to pay for the items each visit I could understand it - being a "money spinner" for the dealer as they could charge for extra labour, but surely when the car is in the workshop they may as well sort out everything they can to prevent a visit being necessary in another few weeks? Also, it's not just the expense, but the time and inconvenience for you guys to book it in, arrange transport to work (getting a courtesy car around here is like finding hens teeth), and then picking it up again later. Glad I don't have the service inclusive package now!
[/quote]

Yes car back and fore for different service items. Such a real pain and dealer doesn't have enough courtesy cars to go around which is surprising Actually in the last 4 months have taken it in for Oil Service, then brake fluid and microfilter change. If including the times for doors seals, rattles and mirror part for the whining next month (due to courtesy car wait), I have taken it in more than I drive around in it. <_<
However I do enjoy driving my E60 and at least it gives me a chance to keep up to date with the BMWs when at the dealers
Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by Kev525' post='199692' date='Nov 17 2005, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure this will be an Oil change (and filter) unless the i-drive is saying that the microfilters or anything else is also due.

Costs about ?145 for the service. Mine was done at just under 15k miles at the dealer in Worcester back in June this year. They charged ?12 a litre (excl VAT) for the oil which came to nearly ?80 for 6.5 litres of the Castrol SLX and ?6.60 (excl VAT) for the oil filter. Total was ?123 with ?22 VAT on top for parts and labour.

I can't believe how much they charged for the Oil - it must be gold plated - but luckily it was the previous owner who stumped up the cash just before he sold it. (I found the receipt with the items listed in amoungs the service book and papers I had with the car when I got it in October).

When it's due for the next one, I'll be doing it myself for probably a quarter of the cost. (It's sooo simple to do).
Just paid ?105 +vat for an oil change and they had the cheek to charge me ?1.70 for window washer fluid just because it was low so fill the bottle before you go, but also had a quote of 210 from another BMW dealer so price around
Old 11-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

i willl call them on monday for a price its haliwell jones that i will prob use, whilst its in whats the word on cup holders is there a fix on cupholders because mine are crap