Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally got my E60 on Friday. This is my first BMW, and based on my experience so far, I don?t think it will be my last. The Performance Center delivery was a wonderful experience. I was picked up at the airport and transported to the Marriott via a BMW 530i, with one night?s stay, dinner and breakfast included.

First off was the track experience. WOW. They had a 545i smg that I was able to take, and since I went alone, I was able to get double the driving time. We started out with some slalom exercises, then wet braking to activate ABS, some fun on a little course, and them some time on the Skidpad. I drove it like I stole it. Hey, it was their car and the instructor told me too. I will definitely be going to one of their classes.

Took delivery of the Car, set up Sirius, and had Lunch. Then took the factory and Museum tour. Then it was time to start working on the Break-in.

Rudy, Willie says Hi. Our Instructor was Matt, so unable to say hi to Ben.

I will have some more info later, as I am currently driving back. Day one, 750 miles down.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World-crrobert_outside1.jpg   7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World-crrobert_inside1.jpg   7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World-crrobert_outside2.jpg  
Old 11-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Congrats!!!!

Nice pics. Looks like you're putting those fog lights to work

Central Cali
Old 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That last pic was for me, wasn't it? :winkcool:
Old 11-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I was thinking about you all day today CRRobert!

Congratulations!! You finally are experiencing what we've been talking about for many months!!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Congrats CRRobert! Also, foglights on in the fog...very nice!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Would the fog pics be somewhere near the Smoky Mountains?
Old 11-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i SMG, Sport package, Premium package, L7, Xenon Headlamps, Window Shades, Rear red reflectors

I am not sure this is the place to respond as a new member but I have spent the last three hours going over this site. I've learned more about the E60 that I could imagine. This is a great site! Right now I am waiting for delivery of my new 2005 530i, Oxford green, beige leather interior with SMG, premium package, upgraded sound package, sport package, xenons, amd window shades. I'm told by my dealer, (Sterling BMW, Newport Beach, CA) that it should get here by the end of the year. I know based on the vehicle tracking on the BMW Owners Circle site that it is somewhere on a boat on the way here (So.Cal.) I just wanted to chime in and let all you guys know that this site and all your opinions and information provided on it just reinforced my decision to buy the new E60. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, mp0i !
Old 11-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Just wanted to say thanks to Lomag for his Mystic Blue pictures initially. They led me to that color. And of course Das/Lomag for this site and all the members that have provided information.

Thanks to Rudy for supporting me on the SMG Decision. After a couple of Downshifts into the corners at the track at the Performance Center, well, I may have to get a louder exaust. It worked out very well, on Tail of the Dragon, (318 curves in 11 miles), it was a little wet, but was between 2nd and 3rd gears ALOT. Thanks to the tricks mentioned in previous posts, I am picking up quickly.

The fog picture was taken on Cherohala Skyway, which I liked a little better(3rd and 4th gears).

I have allready added the rear reflectors, and getting some fishing line, when the Dental floss was not strong enough. Just a note, my inserts were black, and not body colored, but a Alpine White that was also being delivered, had them body colored. I guess the darker colored cars keep the black inserts, while the lighter, get body colored.

It goes in to the Dealer Tuesday to add the IPOD/Aux input, Clear Mask, 35% window tint, and put the winter tires on.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Robert,

Is this the car you thrashed around in?

7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World-121_2127.jpg

Quick Reply: 7th Heaven, Cloud 9, Top of the World