Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545i SMG in Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

I've recently had an odd SMG transmission problem somewhat along these lines. When I would come to a complete stop, I-Drive would display "Transmission Fault, the car has been automatically shifted to neutral." Each time I would stop at a light, the car would shift to neutral....I'd simply have to shift it over to neutral and then back to drive. Once I turned the car off and then back on again, I have not had the problem. It was annoying, but hopefully just a software hiccup. Dealer said not to worry unless it happens again.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Raj
Members

Well, I got my car back this evening. They replaced something called an integrated supply module and everything is working fine now.

Not bad. Had problems this morning. Called BMW Assist/Service. They sent a tow truck and took my car to the dealer and the problem fixed by the evening. I was pretty siked.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

After I picked up the car on Monday, my wife was at a Hospital and it did the same thing again. Called BMW Assist and a tow truck took it back to the dealer. This time I was given a 2004 525I. Nice car. I guess the service department has opened what they called a BMW North American Service Ticket. I think they know that three times in one week is only one away from California's Lemon Law statue. I love my car though. I guess I will see what happens this time.

I have read up on the law, and after 4 times on the same thing or 30 days in the shop it is considered a lemon.

The service department attached a computer to the car and is trying to duplicate the error with this computer attached. I don't know what they are going to find, but they are looking at the Transmission Control Module. I guess the v15 upgrade didn't help this problem.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Jan 28 2005, 04:45 PM
After I picked up the car on Monday, my wife was at a Hospital and it did the same thing again.? Called BMW Assist and a tow truck took it back to the dealer.? This time I was given a 2004 525I.? Nice car.? I guess the service department has opened what they called a BMW North American Service Ticket.? I think they know that three times in one week is only one away from California's Lemon Law statue.? I love my car though.? I guess I will see what happens this time.?

I have read up on the law, and after 4 times on the same thing or 30 days in the shop it is considered a lemon.?

The service department attached a computer to the car and is trying to duplicate the error with this computer attached.? I don't know what they are going to find, but they are looking at the Transmission Control Module.? I guess the v15 upgrade didn't help this problem.
[snapback]84348[/snapback]
HUmmm interesting... TCM huh? Anyone have the TIS document on the Transmission Control Module? I would like to read up on it to see what it suppose to do. Maybe I can tell my dealer to swap that out to see if it fixes the Auto going into Manual mode problem...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jan 28 2005, 08:59 PM
Anyone have the TIS document on the Transmission Control Module?
[snapback]84379[/snapback]
Today is your lucky day! I just finished updating and compiling a new version of the SMG document from TIS that I posted many moons ago. You'll find the updated document right here where I originally posted it.

The new document includes all the information in the "more" links that I never posted before. Basically, with the updated information, the document went from 7 pages to over 50 pages! It's everything you've ever wanted to know about SMG!

As I mentioned in the post containing the download, the simplest way to navigate the document is to follow the .pdf bookmarks. The first 7 pages are all you need to view directly -- the rest of the pages will come up if you click a "more" link or use a "more information" bookmark. (The bookmarks allow you to get back to the page you were reading before clicking a more link.)
Old 01-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jan 28 2005, 10:47 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Jan 28 2005, 08:59 PM']Anyone have the TIS document on the Transmission Control Module?
[snapback]84379[/snapback]
Today is your lucky day! I just finished updating and compiling a new version of the SMG document from TIS that I posted many moons ago. You'll find the updated document right here where I originally posted it.

The new document includes all the information in the "more" links that I never posted before. Basically, with the updated information, the document went from 7 pages to over 50 pages! It's everything you've ever wanted to know about SMG!

As I mentioned in the post containing the download, the simplest way to navigate the document is to follow the .pdf bookmarks. The first 7 pages are all you need to view directly -- the rest of the pages will come up if you click a "more" link or use a "more information" bookmark. (The bookmarks allow you to get back to the page you were reading before clicking a more link.)
[snapback]84416[/snapback]
[/quote]

THANKS A LOT Rudy!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I called my SA yesterday to fill him in on the status for my car. He was really cool about the possablity of having to order another car if they can't fix the transmission issue. I called him to see if the 545 is still orderable, but he said no. BMW is only allowing ordering the 550 rather than the 545. This could be cool.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:34 AM
I called my SA yesterday to fill him in on the status for my car.? He was really cool about the possablity of having to order another car if they can't fix the transmission issue.? I called him to see if the 545 is still orderable, but he said no.? BMW is only allowing ordering the 550 rather than the 545.? This could be cool.
[snapback]85579[/snapback]
That is simply not true. I read your post and called my dealer. He said he will look into this and call me back.

He called me back minutes ago and told me that altought he wasn't allocated any, but BMW gave out 463 allocations for the US market on March production 545.

463 allocations may sounds like alot, but it really isn't, you need to keep in mind that this is for the whole US market for the month of March (which will be may by the time the cars arrive in US).

cheers,

beewang
Old 02-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Feb 1 2005, 04:50 PM
That is simply not true. I read your post and called my dealer. He said he will look into this and call me back.

He called me back minutes ago and told me that altought he wasn't allocated any, but BMW gave out 463 allocations for the US market on March production 545.

463 allocations may sounds like alot, but it really isn't, you need to keep in mind that this is for the whole US market for the month of March (which will be may by the time the cars arrive in US).

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]85857[/snapback]
Ok so what did you really say with all those words? That its only his dealer that doenst have any allocations for the 545? Or are those 463 cars the last of them?
What about april production slots?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Feb 1 2005, 08:24 PM
[What about april production slots?
The april productions slots (aka Allocation) will be given next month.

Quick Reply: 545i SMG in Shop