Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545i back from Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Hi all.

After reporting some problems on my 545i to my dealer, he requested to have the
car for 2 days so he could re-encode the whole car with newer software.
Problems briefly, ranged from insensitive rear PDC, occasional trasmission "kicks"
from 3 to 2 deccelarating, - to some minor I-drive bugs.

I got a chance to have a detailed discussion with him. Informed me that the car is now on 16.3 ( whether any differences with 16.2 for E60 - don't know ) - and got to see the whole 'status report' printout. I can tell you, it's long and goes on for about 3 pages. Every paragraph was an item/module with some codes and the all important "encoding successful" at the end.
Even Logic 7 had new programming, which now seems to me, to play with a renewed flair and clarity on the songs I'm used to hearing....

- PDC is now working very well.
- Servotronic slightly lighter and easier at low speeds. Definite difference.
- I-drive controller easier, more detents. Perspective view is cool. Nav lady has more to say to me during nav instructions. Bluetooths' working fine. Radio stays muted after starting car again.
- Smoother transmission and seems to have a "faster adaptive curve". By the time I got home it was almost behaving as I expect it to approaching intersections, corners etc. Nice.
- The update seems to have a nice effect on the ECU or engine parameters, I feel the engine somehow smoother, but that's maybe due to smoother transmission probably.
- All memories erased, except strangely, the drivers and passenger comfort seats still have the correct seating position.
- idrive boots up in 12 sec. seems slightly faster.

Will keep you posted if I remember/notice anything else.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by andy545' date='May 3 2005, 10:39 AM
Hi all.

After reporting some problems on my 545i to my dealer, he requested to have the
car for 2 days so he could re-encode the whole car with newer software.
Problems briefly, ranged from insensitive rear PDC, occasional trasmission "kicks"
from 3 to 2 deccelarating, - to some minor I-drive bugs.

I got a chance to have a detailed discussion with him. Informed me that the car is now on 16.3 ( whether any differences with 16.2 for E60 - don't know ) - and got to see the whole 'status report' printout. I can tell you, it's long and goes on for about 3 pages. Every paragraph was an item/module with some codes and the all important "encoding successful" at the end.
Even Logic 7 had new programming, which now seems to me, to play with a renewed flair and clarity on the songs I'm used to hearing....

- PDC is now working very well.
- Servotronic slightly lighter and easier at low speeds. Definite difference.
- I-drive controller easier, more detents. Perspective view is cool. Nav lady has more to say to me during nav instructions. Bluetooths' working fine. Radio stays muted after starting car again.
- Smoother transmission and seems to have a? "faster adaptive curve". By the time I got home it was almost behaving as I expect it to approaching intersections, corners etc. Nice.
- The update seems to have a nice effect on the ECU or engine parameters, I feel the engine somehow smoother, but that's maybe due to smoother transmission probably.
- All memories erased, except strangely, the drivers and passenger comfort seats still have the correct seating position.
- idrive boots up in 12 sec. seems slightly faster.

Will keep you posted if I remember/notice anything else.

[snapback]123460[/snapback]
First I've heard of 16.3. My dealer just got 16.2 like this week, I'm getting it installed on Monday.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Yeah, that's what I was expecting. I asked him " you mean, 16.2 ? " - he replied
"16.3"
....just passing the buck.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by andy545' date='May 3 2005, 07:39 PM
Hi all.

I think that is bacause seats use the key memory which is not erased during sofware update..
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 6speed e60

MP3 capabilities????????
Old 05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

Supposedly, mp3 playback isn't available in the US until September.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by andy545' date='May 3 2005, 06:39 PM
Informed me that the car is now on 16.3 (
Andreas, which dealer updated your car ?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

No MP3 capability yet, no surprise. Will come in Sep.

Dealer : BMW A2 Mobilport ( Keram )
Old 05-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by igor' date='May 3 2005, 08:16 PM
[quote name='andy545' date='May 3 2005, 07:39 PM']Hi all.

I think that is bacause seats use the key memory which is not erased during sofware update..
[snapback]123469[/snapback]
[/quote]

Correct, igor.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by andy545' date='May 3 2005, 09:09 PM
No MP3 capability yet, no surprise. Will come in Sep.

[snapback]123502[/snapback]

any chance of having dutch menu's and navi voice with 16.3 ?

Quick Reply: 545i back from Service