Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545 Sport BAD Full Car Vibration at all speeds!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had two new OEM rims installed then I had the car balanced and it wasnt so bad

I had dealer replace all 4 Dunlops

Now the car is worse than ever

I picked it up last night after 2 weeks in the shop and I returned this morning

I think whomever did the Roadforce on the Hunter GSP did not do it correctly

It almost feels like the driveshaft is causing this but I doubt it

My other suspicion is that my entire fuel tank was empty so it was driven and maybe a tech bent my rims again

This car is torturing me every day
Old 07-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

Make sure the wheels are hub-centric
Old 07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Members

Hello guys well here is the deal

Car is back in the shop again and another weekend with a loaner after I picked it up last night.

I have a 2005 X5 and the roof is pouring water on me it is leaking.

Now

on my 545i

My previous service visit I had 2 bent front wheels 3.5 weeks ago

I purchased 2 new wheels and the car drove fine.

I bring the car in 2 weeks ago for steering clunk, I Drive, hessitation, tire roar and wear etc.

Dealer broke: TCU, EGS Modules, and 4 wheels, grease on my headliner and A Pillar and a scratch on the bumper.

I complained about my tires and they replaced under warranty. 14 days ago

I pick car up and it vibrates like crazy so I had them check the balance again this morning.

So here is what came up:

All 4 wheels are damaged from installing the new tires, the dealer installed. All scratched and gouged from the pry bars installing the run flats(Westchester BMW)
All 4 wheels are bent.
Bent wheels= vibration

Car had 52 PSI in all 4 tires as they had the car 2 weeks and did many road test I checked as soon as I left the dealer last night and I left a message stating this negligence.

Car was dropped off with 1/2 of fuel 2 weeks ago and given to me last night with ZERO

I had a discussion with the service manager and he denys everything and he said the techs didnt drive the car much, ? 1/2 tank a fuel dissapeared I said?

I told him the car was fine when I dropped it off 2 weeks prior and now its not

I demanded they fix it or replace my rims or something the service manager was very RESISTANT to even hear me out.TALK about customer service right!!!

My car has bEen in the service shop since the day I got it for a total of 49 days IN 9 MONTHS

I have had it, BMW quality is terrible and their service, lack of parts availibility and aggravation are not worth it.

Lemon Law papers are already filled out for Mondays Express Mail, I do not want a replacement at this time.

Do you guys blame me after all this? Every Holiday weekend no car, Im given broken loaner cars, they cant find the faults I have to leave my office and show them so they can see with their own eyes to order parts I mean this is just CRAZY.

So the lesson learned here to everyone Keep an eye on the PSI of the tires and make sure the rims are not damaged when you pick your cars up, this is just not fair to us.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

This is why BMW always put your mileage on your service recept. So you can check the mileage when you pick it up. If 1/2 tank was consumed, that's 150 miles! I don't know any shop that requires that much road testing.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Members

Good Point they would not give me the paperwork to check and they didnt even open up a new RO number for the return visit today.

they tested and tested to find the steering issue and they found nothing.

I showed the tech in 4 minutes in the lot and he said "Oh thats your steering rack broken" I was like no kidding fix it now you have proof.

I just got the call shortly ago

they are replacing the 2 rear rims and one new tire as defective, I wonder why Mr 52PSi and Test Driver must have felt guilty.

Hope this solves it
Old 07-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Documentation is king. Document document document. Then forward said documentation in a real paper letter to the owner and manager when you've reached the breaking point. That's the only way to get acceptable service levels at some dealerships.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

When I read this post I think of one of two possibilities:

The first is that you have been very unlucky with both a defective lemon of a car and a dishonest and incompetent dealer.

The second is that you are difficult to please and never satisfied. A litany of subjective complaints such as 'tire roar', 'tire wear', 'clunking', and complaining that the loaner vehicle is also defective makes me think this is a possibility. Have you considered that the dealer may have been doing their job and road testing your car to try to duplicate all these issues and that is what happened to your gas? Why assume that mechanics that spend all day working on cars many of which are more exotic than yours would want to spend time driving your car around for kicks? It's not like they haven't seen a 5 series before.

Either way I hope you get these issues resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Members

Yes I may be hard to please but uwould be fuming paying $2,000 a month(lease, insurance, fuel)

Car is a Lemon was in the shop since 100 miles for the continuous problems
described.

Yes they road test for faults but you know what they never find anything until I go their and point it out they waste time. I have friends who work for dealersyes they Joyride all day long on road test beating on cars, Mercedes, Porsche techs told me firsthand.

Manger said sorry these cars are too complicated and we are too busy to really go over everything on each car, great answer

Yes all 3 loaner cars were broken.
1. 2005 525I, no radio, no I drive and no AC
2.2005 530 Sport, passenger windows would not work, static on all audio, broken steering rack= severe front end clunking filthy interior, loose drivers seat, worn rotors and pads and bad front end alignment, i had to take a 5 hour trip both ways July4th weekend like this.
3. 2005 X5 3.0, water leaking into the roof and map light area from the sunroof area, I had to duct tape the exterior

So think about all this I am not that hard to please but this is just plain BS to deal with.

I am not their QUALITY CONTROL GUINEA PIG

Has the dealer done theirJob? Not at all, becaUseif they did the car would not have to keep coming back, 2 visitSfor the steering issue then I show them then they replace parts, its as if they didnt even check the car.

today with the vibration issue once I got the manger involved they found a defective New tire and a bent rear rim and they are taking responsibility for, this is the 3rd attempt to fix this alone.

There is no need for the customer to babysit and tell the techs what to check and how to do it, it is not my job.

They are a factory BMW store and have a massive facility that is just not managed properly, every time I am there every customer is screaming, cursing and going crazy over the service, I still manage to never scream and stay calm.

Whats right is right and my patience is running out.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ziering545I sorry to hear. I would too be fustrated... I dont know what to say. The points you gave even if they're not 100% correct your dealer is still not the greatest... in fact sounds horrible. I would expect somthing fixed in no more than 2 tries and not screwing up more than waht you had bringing the car in.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Titanium gray poplar l Sports package l Logic 7 l PDC NAV l sunshades l chromed 124's l ski bag l euro tint

Really sounds to me like there are two problems. First, you are picky - not bad but after having the car in so many times you have become a little paranoid - again, not bad. Second, you have found a bad dealer. Is there another dealer you could take your car to? For me, it would be worth an hour drive to find someone I trusted and liked. The other suggestion is to just go ahead with your lemon-law claim. I believe this will get some attention since the process involves BMWNA.

Quick Reply: 545 Sport BAD Full Car Vibration at all speeds!