Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2007 550i Awaiting Transport

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OC was right on. I'll be picking up the car on 5/3 (tomorrow). So 7 days from unloading, install Aero kit at VPC and take care of the campaign to the dealer.

Now to see if I have any sleep aids for tonight.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ACEE' post='268892' date='Apr 14 2006, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone. I am a new 2007 550i SMG owner expecting to take delivery at the performance center on May 19th 2006. I am so glad I found this thread. I really need the support too. My car is on the ship called Integrity. It will arrive in south carolina for my performance center delivery on 4/28. My performance center delivery date is May 19. Ohhh the pain!!!

You maybe able to track your ship on this link if it reports in. Integrity has not reported since 4/7 @ midnight. Follow this link go to ship tracker input your ship name and if it has reported in, it will plot is current (per the report) position.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Also if you guys have not heard. BMW cam out with an interface for the IPOD that work with 06' 3,5, and 6 series models. Here is the announcement.

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/Events...rograms/Vodcast

ohhh ohhh the pain!!!!

i dropped my car off in munich on the 23rd, How can i find out if it is at the port or if it got loaded on to a ship. My stealership says they wont know anything about my vehivle until 15 days before it arrives, is that so?

Thanks to you all.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='276968' date='May 2 2006, 01:41 PM
i dropped my car off in munich on the 23rd, How can i find out if it is at the port or if it got loaded on to a ship. My stealership says they wont know anything about my vehivle until 15 days before it arrives, is that so?

Thanks to you all.
If you're in the US then your dealer is being lazy. They have the infomation if they want to look it up. You can also look it up at http://oc.bmwusa.com as long as you have either the VIN or Production number. However, your dealer will still have more current information than what's posted at OC. OC was 24-48 hours behind what my dealer had access to. Plus, my SA was able to give me the name of the vessel.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='276976' date='May 2 2006, 01:04 PM
If you're in the US then your dealer is being lazy. They have the infomation if they want to look it up. You can also look it up at http://oc.bmwusa.com as long as you have either the VIN or Production number. However, your dealer will still have more current information than what's posted at OC. OC was 24-48 hours behind what my dealer had access to. Plus, my SA was able to give me the name of the vessel.d

my dealership is a pain and lazy, they just gave me a great deal but i must say they are not the friendliest, i find a lot of car sales reps at bmw or mb dealers very cock and arrogant maybe its my perception.

Maybe im just frustrated my car has been at the port since the 24th and i know nothing about it This coming monday will be week 2 of my estimated 6 weeks and it hasn't even began transport.

rj
Old 05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

It's here!!!!!!!!!! I picked up my car last night. I can now say for sure that you can order the Cold Weather Package and Ventilated seats without a problem. There are only two things wrong with the car. The HUD is too low and tilted to the right. I just fixed the tilt...very easy, but getting it higher on the windshield was a little much to try to fix during lunch. The steering wheel is just a slight bit off center. I think this is just a steerign angle sensor adjustment. I LOVE the black headliner and the seats are great. I will post pics tonight. I need to get it cleaned up a bit from the drive back fro the dealer.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

It's here!!!!!!!!!! I picked up my car last night. I can now say for sure that you can order the Cold Weather Package and Ventilated seats without a problem. There are only two things wrong with the car. The HUD is too low and tilted to the right. I just fixed the tilt...very easy, but getting it higher on the windshield was a little much to try to fix during lunch. The steering wheel is just a slight bit off center. I think this is just a steerign angle sensor adjustment. I LOVE the black headliner and the seats are great. I will post pics tonight. I need to get it cleaned up a bit from the drive back fro the dealer.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='280515' date='May 10 2006, 01:40 PM
congrats, can't wait to see pics.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Can't wait to see the pics
Old 05-11-2006, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i. Sapphire Black Metallic/Auburn Leather/Anthracite trim. Sport/Comfort Access/Navigation/Satellite/HD Radio/HUD/Premium Sound/M Aero Kit/with 50% tint sides & rear. 19" Style 166s.

Congratulations as well.

Can't wait for the pictures and the full review.

Thanks again for all your help as well.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Congrats!!!!! wherezdapics?

Quick Reply: 2007 550i Awaiting Transport