5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   2007 550i Awaiting Transport (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/2007-550i-awaiting-transport-24313/)

ledbettm 04-07-2006 04:54 AM

My 550i made it through production very quickly. It went into Awaiting Transport last night. I have not felt this anxious about a car for a long time. Anyone have any idea how long it takes from this point to arriving at my dealer? It is going to OH and will be shipped through the NJ VPC.

kmslo530i 04-07-2006 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='265863' date='Apr 7 2006, 05:54 AM
My 550i made it through production very quickly. It went into Awaiting Transport last night. I have not felt this anxious about a car for a long time. Anyone have any idea how long it takes from this point to arriving at my dealer? It is going to OH and will be shipped through the NJ VPC.

I'm not sure what the transit time is to the eastern VPCs. On the west coast they tell us to figure 28 days from the day they leave the port of exit, until they hit the VPC in Oxnard (Port Hueneme). But, first your car has to be loaded on a ship. My car was at the port for about 2 weeks after it completed production. Not all of that time was spent at the port, part of it was transport from factory to port. My car was completed on March 13th, and was aboard a ship that sailed the 27th.

I don't want to make you feel worse or anything, but the closer it gets, the greater the anxiety!! :wacko:

Hey....tell us what you got on your 550?

Ricracing 04-07-2006 06:23 AM

Hang in there ledbettm.

A 550i is worth some waiting...

CVTBenhogan 04-07-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='265863' date='Apr 7 2006, 07:54 AM

I felt your pain, as I just got my car last night. Roughly six weeks for me, but I did ED. From what I've read and remember, it could go this. (Note: others here have more precise details on the process).

1 week to get on a ship (sits in lot with thousands of other cars).
2 weeks to reach Newark (ship hits 2-3 other destinations prior to Newark).
1 week at the VPC and flat bedded to your dealer (VPC can take days or over a week).

Ordered cars get priority over EDs.

Hang in there.

CVT Benhogan :thumbsup:

wmbiii 04-07-2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='265863' date='Apr 7 2006, 08:54 AM

I just found out my 550 is on a ship and expected in NJ on 4/17.

Went like this: ordered 3/15, out of production 3/26, at dock by 3/27, loaded on boat 4/4 (so a week or so waiting for ship).

I expect to see car in No. VA by week of 24th. Just about 6 weeks from date purchased to delivery.

This board will keep you sane.

ICEMAN 316 04-07-2006 12:02 PM

I feel you.. the waits killing me too :bash: ... It finished productions on Mar. 17 was at the port of exit on the 19th... and it didn't leave the port until March 29... the eta on mine is April 23rd which is a sunday so i was wondering do they unload on sundays? or they have to wait until monday. My 550i is on a vessel called Orion Diamond is anybody elses E60 on that ship

kmslo530i 04-07-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='266061' date='Apr 7 2006, 01:02 PM
I feel you.. the waits killing me too :bash: ... It finished productions on Mar. 17 was at the port of exit on the 19th... and it didn't leave the port until March 29... the eta on mine is April 23rd which is a sunday so i was wondering do they unload on sundays? or they have to wait until monday. My 550i is on a vessel called Orion Diamond is anybody elses E60 on that ship

Interesting.....my car finished production the 13th, left the port of exit on the 27th (according to my SA), and from there I was told 28 days to the VPC which puts me in Hueneme on or around the 24th of April. I was told the name of my ship was the Diamond Ray.....are times are so close, and our ships have such similar names that I wonder if my SA is all screwed up!! Have you had any luck trying to track the Orion Diamond?

I do believe I read somewhere that the VPCs work on weekends, but someone please correct me if I am wrong....

doug_999 04-07-2006 05:08 PM

Question - your sig says you have ventilated seats and cold weather package. Rumor has it, ok fact has it, that you can't get both. So which did you get? Or did they really let you order both?

ICEMAN 316 04-07-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='266196' date='Apr 7 2006, 05:49 PM
Interesting.....my car finished production the 13th, left the port of exit on the 27th (according to my SA), and from there I was told 28 days to the VPC which puts me in Hueneme on or around the 24th of April. I was told the name of my ship was the Diamond Ray.....are times are so close, and our ships have such similar names that I wonder if my SA is all screwed up!! Have you had any luck trying to track the Orion Diamond?

I do believe I read somewhere that the VPCs work on weekends, but someone please correct me if I am wrong....

I had no luck tracking the Orion Diamond ... Go to the dealer and have your SA show you the print out on the status of your car. It'll show your ships name when it left and the ETA this way you can verify everything. I heard VPC doesn't work on weekends. I was also wondering does the VPC unload the cars or the dock people do it? does anyone know?

kmslo530i 04-07-2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='266206' date='Apr 7 2006, 06:36 PM
I had no luck tracking the Orion Diamond ... Go to the dealer and have your SA show you the print out on the status of your car. It'll show your ships name when it left and the ETA this way you can verify everything. I heard VPC doesn't work on weekends. I was also wondering does the VPC unload the cars or the dock people do it? does anyone know?

Well, my thought on the VPC working weekends was that there was no way they would let a ship sit unloaded for a day. So, perhaps you are right...VPC closed for the weekends, but ships are offloaded by the dockworkers so the ships can keep their schedules.