Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2007 550i Awaiting Transport

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='273024' date='Apr 23 2006, 01:28 PM
Well, I am less than impressed with the whole Owner's Circle website...especially the order tracking feature. As I mentioned in my last post, none of my vehicle details show up. Except for the fact that I have seen my dealer's order sheet, and invoice, I would be worried that my car didn't get ordered correctly!! I can, however, understand that no one really has a handle on the ships at sea, and that doesn't really bother me. I am content to wait a "reasonable" amount of time!! I was told 28 days to get from Germany to west coast VPC, and that's tomorrow, so I have to guess I'm close......still need to sell my '04 530 so if it's another week or two, I can handle it......I'll just enjoy everyone else's car vicariously!!

So, you are a short timer....maybe sometime this week you will take delivery?? Are you sleeping night?? lol
Its a freaking joke considering how expensive these cars are....
Old 04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

How many other car companies let you quasi track your order? I'm just wondering if there is someone who does this and does it better. I don't think MB or Audi do. Most Audi dealers want you to walk out with dealer inventory. I know MB is better but I don't think they give you options to track the order. Not Land Rover unless it's recently. Anyone else?

wmbiii -- I always hear 7-14 days from getting to the VPC so you should see your car this week. I remember when Heishmans (BMW of Arlington) had a good reputation. I would have thought they could be more up front with you on a ETA. I'm sorry they're being lame about it. FWIW they did miss out on two sales in one day 6 years ago because their sales side blew me off. As a result VOB sold an M Roadster and a 540i/6 the same day to the same client.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='273024' date='Apr 23 2006, 01:28 PM
So, you are a short timer....maybe sometime this week you will take delivery?? Are you sleeping night?? lol
I am still sleeping, since I already have a 2004 545i, albeit with some serious problems right now.
The night before will definitely be sleepless.
OC says 4/25 for delivery, but that seems too close to me....I hope I will have it by next Saturday. The VDC is a 90 min drive from here.....
Old 04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

wmbiii -- I always hear 7-14 days from getting to the VPC so you should see your car this week. I remember when Heishmans (BMW of Arlington) had a good reputation. I would have thought they could be more up front with you on a ETA. I'm sorry they're being lame about it. FWIW they did miss out on two sales in one day 6 years ago because their sales side blew me off. As a result VOB sold an M Roadster and a 540i/6 the same day to the same client.
[/quote]

I am hoping by mid week I will have lost all this frustration....I really hope the deliver properly on this car.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Just heard from my dealer - 7 days after vehicle arrived at VPC:

------------------

We should be looking at the car arriving in about 5 days. Again this is an estimate, so their are other variables that could arise, but as of now we should tentatively plan on you picking up the car this Sat. 4/29.

I will stay in touch, and follow this daily to let you know if there are any changes.

------------------

That means car will have been at VPC or on road for total of 12-13 days. I guess the Aero kit threw off the 2-3 day average by 10 days. I'm traveling this weekend so looking at next Monday for pick up hopefully. Another week in the Dodge Stratus rental - kick a$$.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='273374' date='Apr 24 2006, 11:18 AM
That means car will have been at VPC or on road for total of 12-13 days. I guess the Aero kit threw off the 2-3 day average by 10 days. I'm traveling this weekend so looking at next Monday for pick up hopefully. Another week in the Dodge Stratus rental - kick a$$.
Glad to hear you have a date. I know I would want it sooner but at least you have more information.

Oh... I'll be in town so the offer still stands about picking it up for you.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

My car is on Freedom...due in on 4/30. I guess it will take 6 - 8 days from then to get to my dealer.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

My ship hits port today......I'm about a week out from getting my car....assuming there's no truth to the strut recall, and my car isn't affecdted!!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

OK!!!! My car hit the port on Sunday the 30th. It is now the 2nd of May. Does anyone have a car that cam on the same ship. (Freedom) If so when can we expect our cars to make it to the VPC and then to the dealer?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='276834' date='May 2 2006, 07:10 AM
OK!!!! My car hit the port on Sunday the 30th. It is now the 2nd of May. Does anyone have a car that cam on the same ship. (Freedom) If so when can we expect our cars to make it to the VPC and then to the dealer?
Mine was on the Jingu Maru and hit the same port at 4am on 4/26. I'm still waiting and OC still shows an ETA of 5/3.

I'm also getting an aero kit installed and with the campaign I don't know if I'll really get the car tomorrow or not. I sent the dealer an email and should get a reply when they get into the office.

Quick Reply: 2007 550i Awaiting Transport