Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

2005 545i Lease payment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I GOT A 2007 TITANIUM GRAY/AUBURN LEATHER 545I 6SPD MANUAL. COLD WEATHER PACKAE, PREMIUM, PREMIUM SOUND LOGIC 7, SPORT.

How about a $755.00/month on that puppy? Silver Gray with Black Leather.
Just Fees and Taxes up front
Old 12-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Lease payments are so irrelevant and meaningless without knowning how many months you have to pay.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: I GOT A 2007 TITANIUM GRAY/AUBURN LEATHER 545I 6SPD MANUAL. COLD WEATHER PACKAE, PREMIUM, PREMIUM SOUND LOGIC 7, SPORT.

36 MONTH, 10,000/YEAR With just Fees and Taxes upfront. $3200/Total. Includes everything..
Old 12-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Contributors

10000 miles doesn't seem like alot. I thought most leases were 12k. My last lexus was 15k a year.

Just be careful about the overage on the mileage...

james
Old 12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

You need to buy an auto lease analysis program.

Find several good ones http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=auto+lease+software&spell=1
There's too many factors specific in each situation for anyone to comment on a payment. (MSRP, Cap cost, residual, money factor, etc.) 10k miles per year is only 800 a month. What's the mileage overage cost. All this stuff has to be considered.

You have to go some homework to learn all the details of leasing. It's the best way for a dealer to make more profit because most people focus on the payment.

There's a couple of other posts on leasing somewhere here. Try a site search.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by blackbird6SPD' date='Dec 10 2004, 12:57 PM
36 MONTH, 10,000/YEAR With just Fees and Taxes upfront. $3200/Total. Includes everything..
[snapback]67498[/snapback]

right here, this bothers me : just Fees and Taxes upfront. $3200/Total

first of all, you don't pay taxes up front on a lease, you pay it monthly for the most part, excluding some taxes on the fees themselves. does that include a large deposit? that seems like an aweful lot of money for JUST "inception" fees. also, the 10k a year, that reduces your payment by about $30-$35 a month for the lower mileage... don't go over, it will cost you .20 a mile! add it up! can you break up the fees and taxes for me? seems like a decent deal, though.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Members

1ST PAYMENT= 755
BANK FEE= 525
REG FEE AND DOC FEE=467 ( 3 YEARS UP FRONT)
SALES TAX = 1368

IF PUTING TAXES IN THE PAYMENT THEN ITS $1795 PUT OF POCKET WITH A $789 PAYMENT..
Old 12-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Dec 10 2004, 03:52 PM
[quote name='blackbird6SPD' date='Dec 10 2004, 12:57 PM']36 MONTH, 10,000/YEAR With just Fees and Taxes upfront. $3200/Total. Includes everything..

first of all, you don't pay taxes up front on a lease, you pay it monthly for the most part, excluding some taxes on the fees themselves. does that include a large deposit? that seems like an aweful lot of money for JUST "inception" fees. also, the 10k a year, that reduces your payment by about $30-$35 a month for the lower mileage... don't go over, it will cost you .20 a mile! add it up! can you break up the fees and taxes for me? seems like a decent deal, though.
[snapback]67583[/snapback]
[/quote]

Taxes up front or not are really a matter of preference. In almost 20 years of leasing cars, I have always paid taxes up front. Two good reasons in favor of this are:

1. when including taxes in the monthly, you are paying finance charges on the taxes.
2. when including taxes in the monthly, you actually pay more in taxes due to the way the tax in calculated (this is true in New York State - YMMV in other states.)

I will agree that 10k/year is on the low side. That would never work for me. Still, I imagine there are people that do drive that amount.

It is my understanding the BMW leasing has an option to buy extra miles up to a certain point in the lease. If you thought the 10k would do it for you, that might be a good option if you could increase the mileage allowance later on at a better rate than the end lease overage charge.

--Joe
Old 12-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrm21' date='Dec 10 2004, 08:49 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Dec 10 2004, 03:52 PM'][quote name='blackbird6SPD' date='Dec 10 2004, 12:57 PM']36 MONTH, 10,000/YEAR With just Fees and Taxes upfront. $3200/Total. Includes everything..

[snapback]67583[/snapback]
[/quote]

Taxes up front or not are really a matter of preference. In almost 20 years of leasing cars, I have always paid taxes up front. Two good reasons in favor of this are:

1. when including taxes in the monthly, you are paying finance charges on the taxes.
2. when including taxes in the monthly, you actually pay more in taxes due to the way the tax in calculated (this is true in New York State - YMMV in other states.)

I will agree that 10k/year is on the low side. That would never work for me. Still, I imagine there are people that do drive that amount.

It is my understanding the BMW leasing has an option to buy extra miles up to a certain point in the lease. If you thought the 10k would do it for you, that might be a good option if you could increase the mileage allowance later on at a better rate than the end lease overage charge.

--Joe
[snapback]67678[/snapback]
[/quote]

actually, in regards to #1 above, that is not true. the lease is calcuated on it's own, and once the payment is derived, than, and only then is the tax calcuated. regarding #1, can't see how this is done.

In almost 20 years of leasing myself, I have always paid taxes monthly, for couple reasons.

1. if the car is stolen or worse, totalled, than gap covers the payoff, but, you are out your taxes, up front!
2. as far as I have always calcuated by hand, and with all the lease programs and calcs I've used, tax is based solely on the net payment

regarding the other fees, again, bank fee is being paid up front, etc. this is just a different angle of what is known as a cap cost reduction. It is a decent deal, no doubt, but why not pay your taxes monthly, and have your $1300 working for you, at 3%, that's and extra $39 a year, or another $3 off the total bill monthly, after all is said and done.

Here's the bottom line, no matter who's calcs are right - GO FOR IT! it's a great car, and a great deal!
Old 12-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i - Alpine white with auburn interior; tip, xenon, pdc, sirius, prem, cold weather, red reflectors and xpel.

in CT (& many states)...

When you lease you are paying a monthly sales tax on your lease payment. It is not being financed, but a payment BMW makes to the state. This is why if you decide to purchase the car at lease end you must also pay state sales on the lease-end number. Otherwise you would paying tax twice on a portion of the vehicle. Sales tax is not paid on the initial transaction or financed in the transaction.

From Edmund.com.............
...... "Some states, like Texas, charge sales tax on the entire selling price of the vehicle (the capitalized cost, in leasespeak). Most states, however, only charge sales tax on the monthly payment."....... Sales tax is not charged on the upfront transaction.

Quick Reply: 2005 545i Lease payment.