Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

15k miles/1 yr service...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D
Thumbs up

Just stopped by Center BMW (sherman oaks) to talk to my SA. He wanted to see the new wheels (). So I decided to ask him about my first service. I am currently at 6200 miles but my 1 year is not until 12/30/08. He said if your car is around 6K-7K miles at my 1 year then they could do the maintenance (under BMW's maintenance/warranty program). But If I come in around 9K-12K miles at my year then they would make me wait until I hit 15K, unless I wanted to pay for it. Then I asked is this his dealerships policy or BMW, he replied this is BMW's policy. He then went ahead and said I should drive my car a little harder as the service miles counter will go down faster, so I could make it in for a sched maintenance sooner (has to do something about dirving style and how hard the engine works on a daily basis) Anyone of heard of anything like this? Should I just speak to another dealership?

Rudy, got a pdf on this one

TIA

Gene
Old 10-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='693211' date='Oct 14 2008, 07:34 PM
Just stopped by Center BMW (sherman oaks) to talk to my SA. He wanted to see the new wheels (). So I decided to ask him about my first service. I am currently at 6200 miles but my 1 year is not until 12/30/08. He said if your car is around 6K-7K miles at my 1 year then they could do the maintenance (under BMW's maintenance/warranty program). But If I come in around 9K-12K miles at my year then they would make me wait until I hit 15K, unless I wanted to pay for it. Then I asked is this his dealerships policy or BMW, he replied this is BMW's policy. He then went ahead and said I should drive my car a little harder as the service miles counter will go down faster, so I could make it in for a sched maintenance sooner (has to do something about dirving style and how hard the engine works on a daily basis) Anyone of heard of anything like this? Should I just speak to another dealership?
this is something iv always wondered about.. iv noticed that when i drive my car harded the maintenance comes sooner... does this mean that my miles run faster.. cause iv notice that my miles seem to be running faster on my odomeder???? very strange....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Contributors

This quote is taken directly from your BMW Maintenance Manual: Hand it to your dealer SA --- but you might have to help him/her with the big words:

The performance of certain subsequent maintenance
elements, as required by the BMW New
Vehicle Limited Warranty, will be specified at
intervals computed by the BMW Service Interval
Indicator as follows:
? Oil Service: Engine oil should be changed with
the engine at operating temperature. Note:
Change oil at least once a year.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='693256' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:22 PM
This quote is taken directly from your BMW Maintenance Manual: Hand it to your dealer SA --- but you might have to help him/her with the big words:

The performance of certain subsequent maintenance
elements, as required by the BMW New
Vehicle Limited Warranty, will be specified at
intervals computed by the BMW Service Interval
Indicator as follows:
– Oil Service: Engine oil should be changed with
the engine at operating temperature. Note:
Change oil at least once a year.
nice, thanx

Think I will try going to another dealer tho, I'm over dealing with center bmw...going to try bob smith
Old 10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='693259' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:23 PM
nice, thanx

Think I will try going to another dealer tho, I'm over dealing with center bmw...going to try bob smith
You can obtain a pdf of your maintenance program here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Own...rantyBooks.aspx
Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='693269' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:31 PM
You can obtain a pdf of your maintenance program here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Own...rantyBooks.aspx
Thanx again
Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='693259' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:23 PM
nice, thanx

hey gene tell me which dealership is better ok Thanks i tried center they seem to be nice though,
i even brought the SA red ribbon empanadas hehe
Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='693281' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:50 PM
hey gene tell me which dealership is better ok Thanks i tried center they seem to be nice though,
i even brought the SA red ribbon empanadas hehe
who was/is your SA, mine was/is Andre...he actually used to be my mom's mechanic as well and worked on my first car back when i was in HS. Think that's why I keep going back there...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

his name is dennis bohlig his the white dude on the first table, he's ok

bought my car at steve thomas i hate them after selling me the car that was it, i had problems with my car but they never helped me at all damn steve thomas
Old 10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Contributors

learned here (e60.net) that you have to be "nice " to SA so they will take care of you,, i've read it in posts somewhere so i hope the empanadas work

Quick Reply: 15k miles/1 yr service...