Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

@@Bmw frustration@@

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by UPENN545soon' date='Aug 13 2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys for all the insightful information. I?m definitely going to try to be the first person in Austin with the 550. I?m probably going to just bend and buy from Bmw of Austin. The convenience of it being located 10minutes from my house will out weigh the extra markup. So guess ill be hanging out here for the next 2 months patiently waiting. When do you guys recommend putting down a deposit?

I?m going for black and auburn or the dark carbon grey and auburn

Thing is to this day I've never driven a Bmw. I've always said the first one i drive will be my own.
[snapback]158929[/snapback]
You'll be facinated!

Black is beautiful, but wash it twice a week

The Auburn interior is really nice!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Members

I live in Austin and BMW of Austin just "would not deal with me". I went to Temple (45 miles away) and was very happy with my deal and my 545. Go to Temple.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

WOW!!!! ^^^I literally just walked in the door from Bmw of temple!!!!My salesman was awesome and im putting my deposit down for a 550 Tuesday. Not only that, he said he would buy my car now so that i could lock in the 40k trade in allowance.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Actually theyre the only BMW dealer in my area...thanks for the reply.

If there is not a BMW dealer in your area.... I suggest you find the next closest one, and call them.

I can tell you from experience that a BMW dealership HATES to lose business to an out of town dealership. And they ALWAYS find out. BMW dealers are all able to see who from their town has bought cars elsewhere.

For example. When I lived in SC, we tried to buy a BMW in Charleston. They would not budge on the price. So we called the next closest dealer in Hilton Head. They offered us the same car for almost $5,000 less. So we made the 2 hour drive to get the car the very next day.

This is among the highest insults to a dealership, and they take it very seriously. If a customer is willing to drive 2 hours to buy the same car elsewhere, when they could drive 15 minutes and do it... then that dealership has major problems. And BMWNA also takes notice of this, and will remember it when it comes time to consider vehicle allocations and such.

So I would suggest you do some comparison shopping.... and then tell your local dealer you've been talking to others. They will be more likely to move on their pricing if they sense a sale being lost to another dealer.... because the future implications of a lost sale can be more hurtful than a small concession on a sales price.