Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

Lease Assumption 2010 535I

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Now you are getting the ultimate thread crap because you are a douchebag.

Leasetrader link to a ton of 5 series priced better then your car:

http://www.leasetrader.com/search/BM...5-Series.xhtml

Of the 78 results (including 550s) your car is priced higher then all but 8 of them. I am sure most of those 70 remaining lower priced cars have a lot more miles then your car is allowed per month.

Don't be mad at everyone else because you got a raw deal, and don't be a douchebag to someone who is a bigger douchebag.

At the end of the day nobody cares what you did or didnt put down, they care what they are assuming the lease for.

Fuck off.
Jesus, really is a tough crowd..

The reason why the great majority of people have a lease payment of less than the OP is because they put some sort of cap cost reduction, period. Most people put $3,000 to $5,000 out of pocket when they lease.

It doesn't matter what you are leasing, be it a BMW or a Kia, numbers are numbers. For a fully optioned 5 series at $65,000, your payment will be around $1,000 a month with nothing down on a standard lease (standard being 36 months, a typical money factor of around .00200 or 5%). There is no way to dispute this fact. Unless you get either 1. A serious discount ($65,000 car for $55,000) 2. A money factor close to 0% (rare with BMW) 3. A large down payment of $5,000 or better; you will not see a figure anywhere even CLOSE to $599.00 a month for a car at $65,000-$67,000.

Here is an important tool for people leasing to consider: a lease calculator: www.leaseguide.com

Plug in the OP's numbers with 0 out of pocket, and see what you come up with. I have already done it, and the numbers are spot on.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
Jesus, really is a tough crowd..

The reason why the great majority of people have a lease payment of less than the OP is because they put some sort of cap cost reduction, period. Most people put $3,000 to $5,000 out of pocket when they lease.

It doesn't matter what you are leasing, be it a BMW or a Kia, numbers are numbers. For a fully optioned 5 series at $65,000, your payment will be around $1,000 a month with nothing down on a standard lease (standard being 36 months, a typical money factor of around .00200 or 5%). There is no way to dispute this fact. Unless you get either 1. A serious discount ($65,000 car for $55,000) 2. A money factor close to 0% (rare with BMW) 3. A large down payment of $5,000 or better; you will not see a figure anywhere even CLOSE to $599.00 a month for a car at $65,000-$67,000.

Here is an important tool for people leasing to consider: a lease calculator: www.leaseguide.com

Plug in the OP's numbers with 0 out of pocket, and see what you come up with. I have already done it, and the numbers are spot on.
I completely agree. But I would rather assume a lease from someone who made the mistake of putting a ton of cash down on it. It is a lot of money for a "lease assumption", maybe just a little high for a lease.

If I am leasing a used car, I better get it for a used car deal. This, is not. There are 70 other cars available today at a better deal, because they put money down.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

I completely agree. But I would rather assume a lease from someone who made the mistake of putting a ton of cash down on it. It is a lot of money for a "lease assumption", maybe just a little high for a lease.

If I am leasing a used car, I better get it for a used car deal. This, is not. There are 70 other cars available today at a better deal, because they put money down.
We can definitely agree that there may be better deals on similarly optioned 2010 535s, I won't argue with you there. However, this is KAPE60's thread in which he is offering his car, be whatever the price/circumstances may be.

What sets apart the OP's car from other lease assumptions in my opinion would probably be his 128 wheels, which are unique and hard to find 2nd hand (and I'm biased because I have them ).

KAPE60, if you really need to unload the car, you may be well served to offer some sort of cash incentive to sweeten the deal. Perhaps even $3,000 which would lower the payments roughly $100.00 a month might get you some more interest.

In any case, good luck with your lease assumption.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Members

Again, why so mad, the deal is not for you!!! That's it... not need for the anger... My car has 3K Miles, the thing is brand new... I wouldn't consider it a used car...it is 2010!!!

And by the way, I walked into the dealer gave $200 down and walked out with a 2009 X5 3.0 well equipped for $725 a month and my car for what you consider a bad deal.... remember, if you do the math it really is not a bad deal. It just not a deal for you...

I got to ask?are you looking for a new car?? Or are you just Mad! I think your just upset, what?s really bothering you?? Perhaps you should take out your anger in another thread... but on the bright side, at least you keep bumping me up!!! Keep it up bud!!! I appreciate it... remember bad press is good press, when you don?t get any that?s when you worry!!!!Thanks again!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KAPE60
Again, why so mad, the deal is not for you!!! That's it... not need for the anger... My car has 3K Miles, the thing is brand new... I wouldn't consider it a used car...it is 2010!!!

And by the way, I walked into the dealer gave $200 down and walked out with a 2009 X5 3.0 well equipped for $725 a month and my car for what you consider a bad deal.... remember, if you do the math it really is not a bad deal. It just not a deal for you...

I got to ask?are you looking for a new car?? Or are you just Mad! I think your just upset, what?s really bothering you?? Perhaps you should take out your anger in another thread... but on the bright side, at least you keep bumping me up!!! Keep it up bud!!! I appreciate it... remember bad press is good press, when you don?t get any that?s when you worry!!!!Thanks again!!!
i have 2 years left on my 535 lease, but at the end of my lease I will be 15 grand richer then you.

No hard feelings on this end.

Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Contributors

oh yeah... bump
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
We can definitely agree that there may be better deals on similarly optioned 2010 535s, I won't argue with you there. However, this is KAPE60's thread in which he is offering his car, be whatever the price/circumstances may be.

What sets apart the OP's car from other lease assumptions in my opinion would probably be his 128 wheels, which are unique and hard to find 2nd hand (and I'm biased because I have them ).

KAPE60, if you really need to unload the car, you may be well served to offer some sort of cash incentive to sweeten the deal. Perhaps even $3,000 which would lower the payments roughly $100.00 a month might get you some more interest.

In any case, good luck with your lease assumption.
Thanks for the advise...This is something to consider, I'm always up for negotiation... I appreciate the POSITIVE COMMENTS...
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Listen, this is stupid. I am not looking for an argument although my original post came across that way... this above idea (the incentive) is a great idea. Now it is starting to look like a deal. I honestly wish you good luck, it is a nice car. I hope you offer an incentive and some lucky person gets a great car.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Members

Thanks.