Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

KY: 2005 BMW 545i M-sport on Forgelines

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm picking up another toy so I'm considering getting rid of the BMW to replace it with something a bit cheaper. I'm sure I'll end up regretting this and getting another expensive car in a few months anyway, but at the moment this seems like a good idea.

2005 BMW 545I
Automatic
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
iDrive
Bluetooth
M Sport Package

Mods
20% tint
RCA/MP3/iPod/USB hookups installed (I spent over $500 on this so that it would work through the iDrive system)
19" 3-piece Forgelines
'08 M5 front bumper
'08 tail lights
AC Schnitzer dovetail spoiler
AC Schnitzer pedals
Remus catback

Car was serviced at Evolution Autosport by the original owner from the time that it was new until August of last year when I bought it with 67,000 miles. Since then, I've either done the maintenance myself or had it done at Panzer Automotive. I have all the records since it was brand new. It now has ~92,000 miles on it. Also comes with stock wheels on snow tires.

$20,000 OBO

Located in Louisville, KY. May consider partial trades.

Pictures were before tint.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Umm... you might want to check your facts. That's not an M5 bumper. OEM M5 bumpers do NOT have fogs. The '08 tails look like aftermarket upgrades and not OEM LCI's. FYI, another member's 2004 545i with HUD and less than 80k miles sold a couple of weeks ago for $14k.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
Umm... you might want to check your facts. That's not an M5 bumper. OEM M5 bumpers do NOT have fogs. The '08 tails look like aftermarket upgrades and not OEM LCI's. FYI, another member's 2004 545i with HUD and less than 80k miles sold a couple of weeks ago for $14k.
Ummm thanks for the facts. I really don't care because whatever it is I like it, but I have been curious if this was the Mtech bumper or what. I based my information off what the original owner told me, but he did put M badges on his car so I probably shouldn't trust him.

As far as price, again, I really don't care. I see you already have an '05 545i, why are you so interested in the price of mine? I know what mine books for, I am flexible on the price (OBO means or best offer) and willing to negotiate if someone wants the car.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

I made my comments as a "buyer be ware" courtesy to other members here. Ever heard of false advertising? You cannot list mods that were done with aftermarket parts as OEM. There is a HUGE cost difference between the two. You must use words like "replica" or "OEM style" to let the prospective buyer know exactly what they are getting. If you think you can sell as-is on this forum without stating the obvious, well... more power to you then. GLWS.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
I made my comments as a "buyer be ware" courtesy to other members here. Ever heard of false advertising? You cannot list mods that were done with aftermarket parts as OEM. There is a HUGE cost difference between the two. You must use words like "replica" or "OEM style" to let the prospective buyer know exactly what they are getting. If you think you can sell as-is on this forum without stating the obvious, well... more power to you then. GLWS.
The smart ass nature of your comment along with saying my price is too high is what I have a problem with. I appreciate you correcting the information as I honestly had no idea, but "ummm check your facts" was clearly not directed at a potential buyer and the price is no one's business but me and the buyer. If you want to patrol the classifieds for mistakes try not to be a cock about it.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Members

Email sent.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by jmetzger
The smart ass nature of your comment along with saying my price is too high is what I have a problem with. I appreciate you correcting the information as I honestly had no idea, but "ummm check your facts" was clearly not directed at a potential buyer and the price is no one's business but me and the buyer. If you want to patrol the classifieds for mistakes try not to be a cock about it.

It won't help you sell on this forum if you are disrespectful to long standing and well respected members. I can understand there may be a lack of understanding as to what constitutes sarcasm in KY, but we tend to at least make an attempt at protecting other members from buying parts (or cars) that are not what they were advertised.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
It won't help you sell on this forum if you are disrespectful to long standing and well respected members. I can understand there may be a lack of understanding as to what constitutes sarcasm in KY, but we tend to at least make an attempt at protecting other members from buying parts (or cars) that are not what they were advertised.
I don't know what sarcasm you're referring to, but like I said, I appreciated him pointing out the errors as I was only going by what the previous owner had told me. I did not like the disrespectful manner in which he pointed out the errors. I am aware that I don't have enough posts on here to be "respected" so when I respond with my usual dickhead comments it's because I don't really give a fuck how cool I am on the internet. I understand how this works, I'm just not playing along.

Car has been sold to a very good friend of mine. I'm not here trying to screw anyone over and I sure as hell wouldn't have sold it to him if I had any concerns about the car. Thanks for your time.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by jmetzger
I don't know what sarcasm you're referring to, but like I said, I appreciated him pointing out the errors as I was only going by what the previous owner had told me. I did not like the disrespectful manner in which he pointed out the errors. I am aware that I don't have enough posts on here to be "respected" so when I respond with my usual dickhead comments it's because I don't really give a fuck how cool I am on the internet. I understand how this works, I'm just not playing along.

Car has been sold to a very good friend of mine. I'm not here trying to screw anyone over and I sure as hell wouldn't have sold it to him if I had any concerns about the car. Thanks for your time.

Good to hear the car sold, since he is a friend please encourage him to get rid of all those ridiculous M badges. Because other than those the car looks pretty damn good
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Members

Fuck, that's why everyone thinks I'm a tool. The previous owner put those on and they were indeed ridiculous. That issue has been addressed. Pictures were taken when I first got it. Thank you, and sorry for being an ass.

Quick Reply: KY: 2005 BMW 545i M-sport on Forgelines