Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

FS: 2008 550i M-Sport 6spd Manual; nearly loaded

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All:

I have decided to put my 2008 550i M-Sport up for sale. I am the second owner of the car. I purchased it with about 18K miles on it in August of 2009 and it now has 29,5XX miles. The car is great. The reason I am selling it is because I think I am ready to try out another car. (I get this itch every year or two).

Anyway, about the car:

Asking price is $39,999 OBO. (Please do not low-ball me. I am trying to sell the car for a fair price where both myself and a buyer can make a good deal and leave the dealers out of it. Thanks). My contact info is 864-506-3740 (cell) or email to joshua.bloom@gmail.com

In service date is August of 2007 so the warranty is still in affect until August of 2011 or 50K miles.
Exterior Color: Carbon Black Metallic
Interior Color: Cream Beige/Black

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Joshua.B...eat=directlink

Notable feature/options:

This car has all the major goodies including Navigation, Sat radio, Logic 7, BMW SOS, Upgraded Nasca Leather, Heated seats (front and rear), Ventilated Front Seats (from the Option 1 list), Comfort Seat Package with the adjustable back and bolsters, Heads Up Display, Lane Departure Warning System, Voice Command, Programmable Idrive Buttons, Parking sensors Front and Rear. Performance wise it has the Active Roll Stabilization and sport suspension, 19" wheels, and sport exhaust.

I also have the front Euro plate holder which is color matched to the car. I think the previous owner must have had it delivered in Germany.

The only options this car doesn't have is the folding rear seats and radar cruise.

I have to say that this car is a great road-trip car. It is fast enough to keep you entertained while at the same time it gets really respectable gas mileage. I've gotten 26MPG tank average on trips. Also, the Manual 6-spd is a lot of fun. Sure automatics are nice but I personally just love shifting gears.

It is mechanically bone stock with the exception of 1 minor modification: I personally did the CDV delete. I purchased a new part from Zeckhausen Racing (http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm) and replaced the stock part. I still have the stock part and the change was documented and posted as a DIY on this board.

I have added to the car a full set of WeatherTech rubber floor liners including the rear cargo area and a cargo net I bought from Getbmwparts.com. I also have the original floor mats that came with the car. I also had the windows tinted with lifetime warranty tint which really makes the car nice in the summer ti
The car has had one oil change between the dealer changes done by me with Castrol Edge Full Synthetic Oil.

The car was serviced at BMW just two weeks ago as scheduled maintenance. They had nothing negative to report. I had them order a new rear door panel because the one on the car is a little goofed up looking right at the top where the sunshade goes down so that is on order. Also, I am working on them to replace the sunroof seal as it is a little noisy in my opinion.

Condition:
In the interest of full disclosure I will describe everything I know about the car:

1) The car is stored in my garage.

2) The car has been driven but not abused, no pets inside, no smoking, no smells (not even air freshiners),no stains, rips, etc. I enjoy driving but I'm not a guy who races around town, etc.

3) I have cared for the paint with Meguiars products and I use Lexol on the leather.

4) The front has a little scratch on it (pictured) from stones or road grime I guess.

5) There is a small nick in the paint right near the fuel door (I tried to get a picture but it didn't show up). This was there when I bought the car.

6) There are two hail dents in the car. They are about the size of a dime. I have considered getting them removed but haven't made it that far. One is in the hood near the window sprayer and one is in the trunk. Again, I tried to get a picture but its hard to see.

7) The car overall is a 9/10. To me a 10 is a car that is never driven in the rain, etc and is literally babied. While I am careful (I park way out, etc), its not absolutely perfect. Although I'd say that the inside probably is a 10/10.

8) The wheels are in good shape. When I bought the car I did have the two right wheels redone completely because there was a slight out of round on the inside of the rim. (from what I read this is a common issue around BMW world). Also, I had the rear wheel on the driver side redone because I rubbed it on a curb one day and it bothered me to have it scuffed up. They are all true and they look just great but they are not brand-new out of the box perfect.

9) The tires are in decent shape. I would expect them to get at least another 5-10K miles depending on how you drive the car.

The car rides great, no vibrations, no issues.

Below is a VIN Log with all of the options as installed.
Vehicle information
VIN long WBANW53578CT34249
Type code NW53
Type 550I (USA)
Dev. series E60 (MUE) Line 5
Body type LIM
Steering LL
Door count 4
Engine N62/TU
Cubical capacity 4.80
Power 270
Transmision HECK
Gearbox MECH
Colour CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery LEDER NASCA BEIGE (U6BA)
Prod. date 2007-07-06
Order optionsNo. Description
2NN M LA WHEELS DOUBLESP. 172 M/MIX.TY.
2VB TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR
217 ACTIVE STEERING
229 DYNAMIC DRIVE
248 STEERING WHEEL HEATING
255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
261 SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS
300 EMERGENCY WHEEL
319 INTEGRATED UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL
322 COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM
339 SATIN CHROME
4BY FINE-WOOD TRIM BAMBOO GRAIN ANTHRACITE
403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC
415 SUNBLIND FOR REAR WINDOW
416 SUNBLINDS
428 WARNING TRIANGLE
430 INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
441 SMOKERS PACKAGE
453 ACTIVE SEAT VENTILATION, FRONT
456 COMFORT SEATS, ELECTRIC. ADJUSTABLE
494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
496 SEAT HEATING FOR REAR SEATS
5AD LANE DEVIATION WARNING
502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM
508 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)
522 XENON LIGHT
524 ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS
6FL USB-/AUDIO INTERFACE
6UH TRAFFIC INFORMATION
609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
610 HEAD UP DISPLAY
611 BMW NIGHT VISION
620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM
639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN
653 HIGH DEFINITION RADIO
655 SATELLITE RADIO
677 HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
697 AREA-CODE 1
7MP PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
715 M AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE
8SP COP CONTROL
9AA EXTERNAL SKIN PROTECTION
Series optionsNo. Description
302 ALARM SYSTEM
442 CUPHOLDER
473 ARMREST, FRONT
534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING
544 CRUISE CONTROL WITH BRAKING FUNCTION
563 LIGHTS PACKAGE
645 RADIO CONTROL US
823 HOT CLIMATE VERSION
845 ACOUSTIC BELT WARNING
850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH
876 RADIO FREQUENCY 315 MHZ
992 NUMBER PLATE ATTACHEMENT MANAGEMENT
Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Members

Nice car. Why is the check engine light on? Does it have CPO?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

The CEL is on because the engine was turned on but not started.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vkhong
The CEL is on because the engine was turned on but not started.
That's correct. It wasn't running just 'on' so I could see the dash and idrive for pics. Also, it is NOT a CPO but does have 10 months / 20K miles of original warranty left.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Members

All -

Price update: $38,500 obo.

Thanks,

Joshua
Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Members

Beautiful ride, out of my price range unless I sold the old turbo Buick or you wanted to trade for a totally stealth sleeper 11'second grand national with a world class audio system and cash?
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GlockandRoll
Beautiful ride, out of my price range unless I sold the old turbo Buick or you wanted to trade for a totally stealth sleeper 11'second grand national with a world class audio system and cash?

I actually really like those cars but I am saving up to get a 911.

Still for sale...let me know if interested. Thanks for the inquiry.

Joshua
Old 01-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Members

Update: The car is sold!

Its been a good time here on e60.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bloomjbmw
I actually really like those cars but I am saving up to get a 911.

Still for sale...let me know if interested. Thanks for the inquiry.

Joshua