Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

2008 550i 6MT HREs 58k miles LOADED

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 550i M-Tech 6MT HREs 58k miles LOADED

Have an unbelievable opportunity to upgrade to an f10 550i and I am THIS close to going for it. As such, my e60 must go. Specs:

2008 550i, 6MT, 58k miles, cold/sport/premium, carbon black exterior on black leather interior. Car has almost every option imaginable, including NAV, Logic 7, Sirius radio, comfort/keyless access, 20-way heated AND cooled front seats, heated rear seats, privacy shades, PDC and head's up display.

Tasteful mods include 20" HRE 890s (perfect, no scuffs, bends or rash) mounted to virtually new Hanhook V10s, dual RPI scoops, matte black kidneys, all weather mats, short throw shifter, Orion V2 angel eye conversion (with custom blackout treatment) and RDSport exhaust (single).

As my signature suggests, I have a touch of car A.D.D., but I am very particular about what I will buy. I haven't seen an e60 optioned like this very often and certainly not in this condition.

Car also has a fully transferable 4-year/100k mile bumper-to-bumper extended warranty (good until 1/18 or 100k) that can be included in the sale. Carfax shows a minor rear collision (no frame damage and airbags did not deploy), but when I bought the car, my indy was all through the car and could not find any evidence that it had been hit. I have NO problem having car inspected by a private party and I am willing to ship the car at your expense.

I need to move fast so I am willing sell at a can't-beat price. KBB shows the car as being worth $28,500 in a private party sale, but given the carfax and the value of the wheels (these were $9k new alone), it's REALLY difficult to accurately price the car.

I think that $28K with the warranty ($26K without) is a reasonable asking price. If you can show me a car like this, in this condition, with a worry-free warranty, at this price, I'll show you where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. Then we can go swimming with the Loch Ness monster. In all seriousness, though, these cars are selling for similar money bone-stock, without the wheels and almost certainly not with the ventilated seats and HUD, which were not commonly optioned in 2008. Basically, outside of M5 mirrors or going to dual exhaust, there isn't much more to be done.

(Also willing to part out the wheels, but you had better move fast, because I am not going to spend the next month haggling with people. I will need your stock wheels -- Style 172 or 166 only, please -- with GOOD tires on them. Make me an offer for the HREs, worst I can say is no!)

Thanks for checking out my listing, feel free to PM with any additional questions!

Last edited by esqyankee; 01-29-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

vin: WBANW53538CT34118
Old 01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport

nice car !!
it will take some time to find the real buyer but the manuals are in High-demand so you need to be patient
GL !

Last edited by champaign777; 01-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

PRICE DROP!!!

Really want to move on this F10, hoping one of you will jump on my car before it gets traded in!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport

unfortunately i am on another 2008 550i manual deal
post it on m5board , you will have much better flow there
GL !
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Tech
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by champaign777
nice car !!
it will take some time to find the real buyer but the manuals in a High-demand so you need to be patient
GL !
That's what I keep telling myself - "manual = high demand." Patience? Ain't nobody got time for that

GLWS

Last edited by SilverBullet17; 01-30-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: GLWS
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SilverBullet17
That's what I keep telling myself - "manual = high demand." Patience? Ain't nobody got time for that

GLWS
Yeah, I am not going to wait around -- getting absurd offers from folks on here and other boards. Just not worth my time or energy. Unless someone steps up ASAP, it's trade-in time. The HREs will be off the car tomorrow morning and I will just sell those separately to offset the trade-in price.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by esqyankee
Yeah, I am not going to wait around -- getting absurd offers from folks on here and other boards. Just not worth my time or energy. Unless someone steps up ASAP, it's trade-in time. The HREs will be off the car tomorrow morning and I will just sell those separately to offset the trade-in price.
I hear ya - I've been getting the same offers $10k+ under true market value?!?!

That's what kills me about some of these forums - one would think that members would know exactly what was being offered and truly appreciate the extent of factory options, tasteful modifications, meticulous maintenance, and special care given to a particular vehicle (especially a BMW) and value it appropriately/reasonably. Instead, it's as though they're just trying to get something for nothing - they'll bash your ads saying the price is too high in hopes you'll keep dropping the price to the point where you'll just give the car away. I'd like to sell mine, but I'm not about to simply give it away - I know what the car's worth and it's rarity and I know the minute I trade it in that same dealer will turn around and sell it for thousands more than I was asking originally. You and I might take a thousand or two hit in trade, but the next buyer will wind up paying more than double our loss to get the same car directly from the dealer.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Yeah, it is what it is. I've owned enough of these cars to know the drill by now. Unless you find a buyer in the know, no one is going to value your whip as much as you do. That said, you do make a valid observation about the shortcomings of these and other forums as "marketplace."
Old 01-31-2014, 07:19 AM
New Members

Exactly - you'd think a forum like this would be full of people that "value your whip as much as you do" because they should be "in the know."

The only forum where I've seen this actually hold pretty true is in the M3 community. When I sold my M3 (before getting my 550), I had multiple offers within 48 hours of posting it and none of them were more than $500 off my asking price. They knew what a beaufitul/rare car it was and were willing to pay the true market value for it. Doesn't seem to be that way here A loaded 550 M-Sport manual is no M5 or M3, obviously, but it's also not a common car by any means like a Camry or something and should still be able to demand top dollar.

Quick Reply: 2008 550i 6MT HREs 58k miles LOADED