Complete Car Sales If you are selling your entire car or looking buy a car please check here!

2006 CPO 550i w/ extended maintanence warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yas1083
Tim,

No worries. Looking forward to the PM. Where in NJ are you? Are you available sometime tomorrow for me to come by to check out the car?
Is it sold or still available.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by galaxy021
Is it sold or still available.
have a few offers, but car is still available as of today. i will also pm you the vin
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Members

car is still available. new price is $24,000. Mileage at 67k.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Just for anyone dealing with Tim. The guy is not a standup guy and is extremely flaky and $$$ driven with little value to his word.
We had agreed on a price over the phone and I was meeting him friday evening to give him a deposit. When he called to set up a time and place, he told me he had another buyer willing to pay more and wanted to show him the car. I told him that I was not interested in doing business with flaky people and he needed to decide if he wanted to stick to his word or take his chance. He decided to still show the car. I walked away knowing tim is not someone I want to do business with.
Buyers beware!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 968turboS
Just for anyone dealing with Tim. The guy is not a standup guy and is extremely flaky and $$$ driven with little value to his word.
We had agreed on a price over the phone and I was meeting him friday evening to give him a deposit. When he called to set up a time and place, he told me he had another buyer willing to pay more and wanted to show him the car. I told him that I was not interested in doing business with flaky people and he needed to decide if he wanted to stick to his word or take his chance. He decided to still show the car. I walked away knowing tim is not someone I want to do business with.
Buyers beware!!!
Thanks for letting us know ....
Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MSS4DB
Thanks for letting us know ....
Raj, and to everyone else on the e60 forum, I sold my 550i last friday evening at 8pm and was paid in full. Raj, when you asked to see the car, I droved over 30 miles to meet you, and then I drove another 20 miles so your wife could get a chance to drive the 550i. After spending over 2 hrs with you, and close to 90 miles later, you still think that i'm not a standup guy??? The new owner of the car is actually also a member of e60 forum and has been wanting to see the car for over a month, but had serious family issues to deal with first. Let me ask you guys, if you walk into a dealership and see a car your interested in, and promise the guy you'll be back with a deposit, but before you get a chance to drop off tje deposit, another buyer walks in and pays with a cashier's check for the full amount, do you think the dealer is at fault?? Can you really blame me for selling the car to the buyer who has the cash in hand?? Now, if I took the deposit and did not return it in full in event the transaction went south, then thats a different story Raj.
I hope the new owner enjoys his 550i.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by timh
Raj, and to everyone else on the e60 forum, I sold my 550i last friday evening at 8pm and was paid in full. Raj, when you asked to see the car, I droved over 30 miles to meet you, and then I drove another 20 miles so your wife could get a chance to drive the 550i. After spending over 2 hrs with you, and close to 90 miles later, you still think that i'm not a standup guy??? The new owner of the car is actually also a member of e60 forum and has been wanting to see the car for over a month, but had serious family issues to deal with first. Let me ask you guys, if you walk into a dealership and see a car your interested in, and promise the guy you'll be back with a deposit, but before you get a chance to drop off tje deposit, another buyer walks in and pays with a cashier's check for the full amount, do you think the dealer is at fault?? Can you really blame me for selling the car to the buyer who has the cash in hand?? Now, if I took the deposit and did not return it in full in event the transaction went south, then thats a different story Raj.
And the plot thickens....

Congrats your sale!

edit: Having sold a couple of cars private party, I fully agree with Timh here. If someone offers me cash/cashiers check and you didn't leave a deposit after driving the car, you are out of luck. My .02
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Members

timh, congrats that you sold your car.
Good to know your side of the story .....
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 530i/2007 328i Coupe

Let me ask you guys, if you walk into a dealership and see a car your interested in, and promise the guy you'll be back with a deposit, but before you get a chance to drop off the deposit, another buyer walks in and pays with a cashier's check for the full amount, do you think the dealer is at fault??
Absolutely. You made a verbal agreement with the buyer to sell him your car and he was on his way with the deposit. Then you reneged on your word with the original buyer in order to make a few more bucks with another guy. At the very least the ethical thing to do would have been to tell the 2nd buyer that you had already agreed to sell the car, and in the event the 1st guy didn't show up as agreed, you would sell it to him.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Yeah, he went out of the way (btw, it was more like 30-35 miles all together) but it was to squeeze more $$ than what he had on the plate. Little did I know that once I gave him an offer, he was planning on going back to the other party and see if they would outbid me. He had already done that to me once on friday morning and I was not interested in going thru it again.
Tim, my suggestion to you is, this might be perfectly normal for some people and you might be better off doing this on venues like Ebay. My word and agreement means more to me than you, that's all.
I am glad it worked out for both of us.
Raj

Quick Reply: 2006 CPO 550i w/ extended maintanence warranty