The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousin did overseas delivery of his new Volvo R70 this past weekend and it seems BMW could use a few pointers. True its a Volvo but man BMW can't even throw in a factory tour? Here is a list of what it included:

Business Class travel to Gothenburg Sweden
1 night at 5 star hotel in Sweden
Breakfast Buffet the morning of delivery
Factory tour
Ferry ticket from Sweden to Germany
5 nights at 5 star hotel in Cologne Germany
VIP passes to 3 nights of concerts at the Dom in Cologne
1 lap on the Nurenburgring (12 new Volvo R70?s in the group of 27 people)
3 day ticket to European Grand Prix at the Nurenburgring (I went in his wife?s place)
3 day bus transport to race including box lunches and all the beer and wine you want
Turn 1 seats for the race (see below)
VIP after race party at the Doriant Hotel on the track
Volvo hats, shirts, t-shirts and jackets
US and European NAV DVD?s
Drop off anywhere in Europe
Business class return trip

.....true you pay a little extra for all this but it is still less than the MSRP price for US delivery!

Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery-img_1256.jpg
Old 05-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Wow.. I wish I lived in the US and could do a European Delivery!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Rob,

sounds all very nice indeed and in fact there is nothing really wrong with Volvo but managed to drive a few miles in a 70R recently and was quite dissapointed indeed. engine very noisy and car has huge turning circle. electronic damping is very sporty. quality and image are ok

and did I forget to ask what he had to pay extra

wish I had a old P1800ES
Old 05-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='May 31 2005, 11:17 AM
and did I forget to ask what he had to pay extra
[snapback]134688[/snapback]
Paid extra for the race weekend over just picking the car up without going to the race. Outstanding deal either way. The race was amazing!

N Heidfeld (Williams) 1:30.081 - won the pole
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='May 31 2005, 11:02 AM
Wow.. I wish I lived in the US and could do a European Delivery!!!?
[snapback]134681[/snapback]
I wish I could do US Delivery on the X5, since it's built in the US...
Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='May 31 2005, 10:02 AM
Wow.. I wish I lived in the US and could do a European Delivery!!!?
[snapback]134681[/snapback]
Buy a Yank Tank and do a US delivery..
Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW! Sweet! Maybe I'll get a Volvo S60R
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='May 31 2005, 02:47 AM
.....true you pay a little extra for all this but it is still less than the MSRP price for US delivery!
True.... until you consider the fact (A friend of mine works in Volvo sales) that, Volvos sells for Invoice in US. If you paid anywhere near MSRP, you paid WAY TOO MUCH..

Volvos aren't MSRP selling cars in US like MBZ and BMW.

I am not saying you cousin did not get a good deal. I think he did, especially the Nurburgring experince IMO is priceless. What I am saying is, for the price saving, most people won't bother w/ Volvo, as you can pretty much get the same deal here in the US without traveling to Sweden.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='May 31 2005, 01:35 PM
Buy a Yank Tank and do a US delivery..
[snapback]134847[/snapback]
Yeah that would be nice...

I already found what I want!!!!

One of these days I'm gonna be the biggest one in the dutch roads... This is my little boy dream that hopefully will come to life once...
Attached Thumbnails Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery-ram35004wdquadcablwbdrw4dr_laramie.jpg   Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery-quadcab.jpg   Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery-f37.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Jun 2 2005, 03:52 PM
you can pretty much get the same deal here in the US without traveling to Sweden.
[snapback]135462[/snapback]
Guess that's why they have such sweet package deals

Quick Reply: Volvo R70 Overseas Delivery