The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

The Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few initial impressions since I picked up the car yesterday:

-GT2 clutch slave conversion/Sachs Stg III racing clutch:
First thought: oh s&*t. I'm never going to make it out of the parking lot It's heavy. No doubt about it. I creeped out and did a few gingerly pulls behind EVO. Engagement is much closer to the floor (which I prefer). Not sure I would say I can feel the engagement point better but slipping it as it engages is easier to modulate despite the significantly increased effort (does that make any sense?). This mod would be very annoying in stop/go traffic. Need to break in the clutch for a few hundred miles, so I haven't killed it yet, but so far, I likey

-It's a 'sleeper'
aside from the mish mash of aero I put on the car, it's a relative 'sleeper'. Nothing to distinguish it from a stock-powered turbo at first glance....oh wait....open up that center console....

Very clean install.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

-Very streetable
Aside from the clutch, the street manners of the car really haven't change too much. The power comes on much faster than a stocker, but unless your foot is to the floorboard, it's very controllable.

-Getting on it
I have a few stretches of open road behind the house. Thought I would try to get a better sense of how it felt leadfooting it. Well, I can tell you...I really don't know because I couldn't go more than 3/4 throttle at any point. Although somewhat deserted, any cars in front of me would come up VERY quickly even after giving them a pretty wide berth.

-Zero-to-Jail time in 3 seconds flat
Ok, I don't really know how long it would take to get to straight-to-jail time, but it ain't long
No clutch dumping, easy shifts, again 3/4 throttle

I think Santa may bring me a PBox this year, so I all I have for now is worthless butt-dyno data.

Leave you tonight with a glamour pic, courtesy of Ian@EVOMS

More with a friend's VW
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1547924...th/5235688023/
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

AMAZING!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Members

beautiful car man, love the inside the carbon fiber the color gauges and the color seatbelts sexxxy
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Senior Members

Going back to 19"s.

Ala GT3RS. HRE's going into semi-retirement.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by bonehead
Going back to 19"s.

Ala GT3RS. HRE's going into semi-retirement.

LOL! You bought those! I was thinking the same thing! They had an awesome price on those...Just need to be repainted!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skeeter
LOL! You bought those! I was thinking the same thing! They had an awesome price on those...Just need to be repainted!
Haha! I know! Pretty crazy price for pristine RS wheels. I know they're just as heavy as OEM TT wheels, but I loooove these. And repaint? Helllllzzzz no! Orange on black? Shazaaam!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Haha! I know! Pretty crazy price for pristine RS wheels. I know they're just as heavy as OEM TT wheels, but I loooove these. And repaint? Helllllzzzz no! Orange on black? Shazaaam!

A little photochop. Me likey

Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by bonehead

A little photochop. Me likey

ROFL! There is no way your rockin orange wheels! Dude I'm going to come by your house at night with black spray paint!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

ROFL! There is no way your rockin orange wheels! Dude I'm going to come by your house at night with black spray paint!
Stay away, bro! I catch you in your ninja outfit snoopin' around my house, imma gonna bust open my safe. We got gunzzz here in Arizona

Quick Reply: The Replacement