The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

New Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Rich

Originally Posted by Hamann5' date='Mar 21 2005, 02:33 PM
[quote name='Rich' date='Mar 21 2005, 01:06 PM']The new IS not only looks MUCH better than the E60, it also looks better than the E90 in my opinion.? We will have to wait to see how it drives.? And before I get a flag from the faithful, I own a manual 2001 5er and have owned two other 3's.? I'm in the market but I just can't warm up to the styling of the E60 or that stupid i-drive.? I am looking forward to driving the E90 AND the 06 IS when available.? Kudos to Lexus for designing a very handsome automobile!
[snapback]104604[/snapback]
OK first off.. The i-Drive is not stupid becuase it makes things alot simpler and compact.. all the Bimmers have it now.. and if you were not gonna get the bimmer cause of it well guess what Audi has there version of it and now Mercedes has a version of there own.. So very much disagree with that statment..

Second..Looks much better? Ok will give it to you, I had to let the E60 grow on me too, but if you think that IS looks better then the E60 get your eyes checked.. The thing looks so cheap looking the older IS was much better..The E90 will have to grow on me as well theres some things about it that I like and some things I wonder what the hell what they were thinking but in no way do i see the IS being better then hte E60 or E90
[snapback]104647[/snapback]
[/quote

O.K. first off...This customer thinks it is stupid and I'm not alone in case you have missed any of the automotive press reviews. I'm not interested in the fact that Audi and Mercedes have/will folllow suit although I assume they will be simpler and more intuitive executions. After all, didn't BMW add real radio controls to the 7 refresh?

Second...Eye sight is fine but thanks for your concern. You wouldn't happen to be a proud owner of one of those beautiful E60's, would you? E90 certainly looks more pleasing than the E60 to these eyes as well but not as nice as the 06 IS.

Happy driving!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jap Snail with 4 bangers

O.K. first off...This customer thinks it is stupid and I'm not alone in case you have missed any of the automotive press reviews.? I'm not interested in the fact that Audi and Mercedes have/will folllow suit although I assume they will be simpler and more intuitive executions.? After all, didn't BMW add real radio controls to the 7 refresh?

Second...Eye sight is fine but thanks for your concern.? You wouldn't happen to be a proud owner of one of those beautiful E60's, would you?? E90 certainly looks more pleasing than the E60 to these eyes as well but not as nice as the 06 IS.

Happy driving!
[snapback]104700[/snapback]
Old 03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by Rich' date='Mar 21 2005, 04:02 PM
O.K. first off...This customer thinks it is stupid and I'm not alone in case you have missed any of the automotive press reviews.? I'm not interested in the fact that Audi and Mercedes have/will folllow suit although I assume they will be simpler and more intuitive executions.? After all, didn't BMW add real radio controls to the 7 refresh?

Second...Eye sight is fine but thanks for your concern.? You wouldn't happen to be a proud owner of one of those beautiful E60's, would you?? E90 certainly looks more pleasing than the E60 to these eyes as well but not as nice as the 06 IS.

Happy driving!
[snapback]104700[/snapback]
First, no not all customers think its stupid, ones that are to stupid to use it think it is, it takes actually quite less of an intelligence to use then you may think..this so called "complicated system" that these (since you mentioned) magazines state, are they always right? certainly not..you don't know unless you try it yourself

Next.. YES I would be a proud owner of one of these E60's as well as and E65 an E46 and used to be owner of and E39.. IMHO I prefer the E60 over the E39 (non M that is) any day.. yes you may have your opinion about the E60's, but to come into an E60 forum in which most of the people of not all enjoy their E60, would not think twice about a choice between the E60 and the new IS.. and since you think I am just saying I don't like the IS because I owned an E60 I actully asked one of my friends the other day who owns an IS which hes a pretty be lexus buff even said the new IS would not be one of his furture cars
Old 03-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man all this arguing again!!!

The new IS is alright looking no way is it better than the E60. Dont think its any better than the E90 and I dont like the E90. not yet....

The new IS is waaaaaaaaaaaay too cheap looking. looks like a tC! it seiously looks like a "L" badged tC. I will not be caught driving that, no sir-ree. I rather take the old IS.

You dont like the looks of the E60 thats fine. We at least Hamann5 and I dont like the tC ops I mean Lexus IS... no big deal... but reguarding the iDrive... theres nothing bad about it. have you used it longer than 3 minutes? Theres nothing to set! Theres buttons for everything thats needed outside the iDrive. The ONLY thing really is the vents... but once you set that theres no need to change them. I dont see why you would want more air towards your feet one day and less air to the feet another... If you do then geee... sorry you got problems... Even ONCE in a while in the rare case that you do... setting it isnt hard at all...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:16 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if the new Lexus IS will have better quality than the new 3 series.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Members

NT
Old 03-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

He has nothing else better to do.. what a loser..
Old 03-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: Jap Snail with 4 bangers

I suggest people require signing in before they can post anything on this board.

So we can eliminate immediately for the people who do have mentally sickness.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributors

It does remind me of a scion, but I think it looks good. Should definately be a better value than an e90.

Who cares what it looks like though. Many people said the e60 front looked like a pontiac, but that didn't bother me.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

This is a nice looking car that will sell, toyota's are dependable and reasonably priced. But they are still not in the same catagory as BMW's.

Quick Reply: New Lexus IS