The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

New LandRover Freelander - Official photos leaked

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:18 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap colour but a rather tasty tennis player in the pics. Here you go -

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/24/200...der-2-revealed/
Old 06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by SKK' post='302749' date='Jun 25 2006, 01:18 AM
.... but a rather tasty tennis player in the pics.
You weren't wrong, Sir.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Senior Members

Looks like a baby Range Rover sport

I always liked the idea of the old one, but drive one recently - what a shitty car

I vowed never ever to set foot in one again.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

The last Freelander was a good idea, poorly executed. How could they have made a Landy that didn't have a low range for the transfer case was beyond me. As if the IFS/IRS wasn't bad enough. Subaru made a better cute ute.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 PM
SKK
Senior Members

The old one was pretty crap, but the new one looks like a completely different animal. Interior and exterior look much improved, space increased and engines up in power and cylinders.

Subject to driving one, I would choose this over the likes of the RAV4, CRV, X3 etc.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i didnt quite like the old one.. just like many ppl already said, its missing alot of things that it should have...
and this one doesnt look so bad...quite good actually, but unless it has a low price tag.. i dont think many people will buy it...
and i would chose any of the cars SKK mentioned over this...
Old 07-01-2006, 05:27 PM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='305771' date='Jul 1 2006, 12:36 PM
i didnt quite like the old one.. just like many ppl already said, its missing alot of things that it should have...
and this one doesnt look so bad...quite good actually, but unless it has a low price tag.. i dont think many people will buy it...
and i would chose any of the cars SKK mentioned over this...

I think this one is going to be a massive seller if the new Range Rover / Sport / LR3 are anything to go by. In terms of features I bet its still better off road than the others on my list. The new RAV4 is cheap and nasty (my sister has one!), the CRV is slightly past it and in need of replacement (new one due next year I think) and the X3 is much more expensive and should not even belong in the BMW stable in my book - cheap interior, tacky looks, poor ride and shoddy build quality = no room on my driveway for it.

I am thinking of ordering one for the wife - simply because I cant think of a better alternative in the price range. I will wait a few months however as I want to see how it stacks up in the flesh + see how reliable it is.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

The Freelander II is miles better than the original. This weekend I sat in a friends he collected on Saturday the fit & finish was much better and the whole vehicle was in three classes above the former one. It looks like another hit for LR who have had continuous record sales each month over the past year off of the back of Discovery III & the Range Rover Sport. It is definately better than the X3 which is expensive & cramped by comparison, the Rav 4 has lost its way & got to expensive (Toyota has not slotted something in under it and must have lost sales to the original Rav 4 buyers)
The freelander II goes to the top of the class.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Heck with the car. She's not a tennis player, but, otherwise, OMG. I like caucasian color just fine. Be sure and click on the pertinent small pics. Why are you dudes looking at, and discussing, the car? This thread has nothing to do with a car.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahahha but this is a car forum... you SHOULD be discussing about the car.

Quick Reply: New LandRover Freelander - Official photos leaked