The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

MUCH BETTER PIC`S OF THE GTR

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='673982' date='Sep 20 2008, 09:58 AM
'530ISPORT'~

I've read this claim a couple of times now regarding the GT-R. With you working for Nissan, can you verify this? If this is the case, why would anyone buy this car and drive it like it was meant to be driven? This is like giving a little boy candy, telling him not to eat it and then punishing him when he does!

I know in Japan, the computer system along with the GPS SAT NAV in the GT-R is smart enough to recognize you are at a track and allows the ECU to output full HP and torque available, while on public roads it restricts the power.
I read on another forum, from a GT-R owner. He had to sign a waiver when he purchased the car. The warranty does get voided if you plan on tracking the car.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='673951' date='Sep 20 2008, 11:54 AM
It is unfortunate that if you drive it the way it is intended to be driven then you can actually void (yes, VOID) your warranty. Someone posted this here or on bimmerfest and it is true. The GT-R may outperform the new M3, but I would take the M3 over the GT-R without any hesitation.
YES ITS TRUE IF YOU DRIVE THE CAR TO HARD ( ONLY IN THE FIRST 1000 MILES) you can and will viod your warranty... but thats only the first 1000 miles.. after that first service its red line and monster down shift head lurching force....
Old 09-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='674171' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:12 PM
I read on another forum, from a GT-R owner. He had to sign a waiver when he purchased the car. The warranty does get voided if you plan on tracking the car.
and yes this is true as well.. theres also a waiver that the customers has to sign about the brakes.. they sqeak lick crazy.. and the customer has to sign a waiver for that... and if you change the front brakes you have to do the rear as well... if one tire goes you have to replace them all... that really suck`s.. i feel bad for the people i sold this car to... but they sign away not really careing about it at all...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='673982' date='Sep 20 2008, 12:58 PM
'530ISPORT'~

I've read this claim a couple of times now regarding the GT-R. With you working for Nissan, can you verify this? If this is the case, why would anyone buy this car and drive it like it was meant to be driven? This is like giving a little boy candy, telling him not to eat it and then punishing him when he does!

I know in Japan, the computer system along with the GPS SAT NAV in the GT-R is smart enough to recognize you are at a track and allows the ECU to output full HP and torque available, while on public roads it restricts the power.
yes this is true except for restricting the power... we can see how many times customers use the launch in the car.. only in the first 1000 miles can your warranty be voided if you red line the car... its very important that i explane this to my customers but they dont care.. most of the people i sold this car to have more money then time and can care less about the warranty... go figuer...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='673979' date='Sep 20 2008, 12:53 PM
The car definitely won't win any beauty contests... that's for sure!

I guess some of reasons for all the hype is the fact that the previous versions of the car weren't available anywhere else outside of Japan and the U.K. (and only in very limited numbers in the U.K.), the mystique surrounding the car generated by the media (Fast and Furious series) and the import tuner crowd for the power numbers generated by the car in a tuned state, and the technology put into and the performance numbers of the current car.

Yes.. the performance numbers impress, but it has the looks of child only a mother could love...
and yes i will admit i really liked the look of the car at first but after really looking at the car.. it wont win a beauty contest....
Old 09-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='674215' date='Sep 21 2008, 10:49 AM
yes this is true except for restricting the power... we can see how many times customers use the launch in the car.. only in the first 1000 miles can your warranty be voided if you red line the car... its very important that i explane this to my customers but they dont care.. most of the people i sold this car to have more money then time and can care less about the warranty... go figuer...
Even if I had money to burn, I'm not sure if I would go through the process of signing this waiver and that release to get the GT-R. Way too complicated just to buy the car... I agree with the point about redlining the car during the break-in period. However, if a dealer put any forms in front of me that was other than sales agreement, ownership papers, extended warranty and insurance... I'd be saying, "Where is the nearest BMW dealership? I'm going to have me a M3!"
Old 09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='674215' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I would imagine your average client willing to plunk down that kind of coin to get the newest and baddest toy really isn't concerned with warranty details. If they blow it up or void the warranty they probably can replace/fix it with the spare change in their console.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='675661' date='Sep 22 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I would imagine your average client willing to plunk down that kind of coin to get the newest and baddest toy really isn't concerned with warranty details. If they blow it up or void the warranty they probably can replace/fix it with the spare change in their console.
lol.. yea your right....
Old 09-23-2008, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='674300' date='Sep 21 2008, 12:41 AM
... if a dealer put any forms in front of me that was other than sales agreement, ownership papers, extended warranty and insurance... I'd be saying, "Where is the nearest BMW dealership? I'm going to have me a M3!"

Exactly !!! Nissan is really trying to cover their a$$ here. I mean I understand why, but come on this is a performance car that is supposed to rival the M3 and 911s, right? I know you do not have to sign this kind of bs when you buy one of these cars. Also, the MSRP just went up ~$7K on the GT-R!! That in addition to the fact that people are paying a premium over MSRP. No thanks. Give me a new M3 or slightly used 911 turbo for less money than the GT-R and I would be COMPLETELY satisfied. BTW..... I spent about 100 miles behind the wheel of a 2007 911 turbo this past weekend. It has a chip and exhaust. The thing is unreal. It puts 528 HP to the wheels!!! I was cruising along at 100 mph in 6th gear.... I did not down shift... just floored it and it still threw me back in the seat. WILD !!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Its quite simple...when you can run down a Ferrari in a car under $100k, its going to get a lot of attention. I'm not wild about its look, but think its quite interesting. I have seen the car in red on the Nissan website and its even better looking in red. And...if it was a Targa, it would be even more interesting. I think the Targa top is about the only redeeming quality of the present C6 Vette (and you cant even get a targa with a Z06!).

My thought is this...there were a few girls in my past that might not have been beauty queens, but damn they were good in the sheets. I liken this car to those girls...

Quick Reply: MUCH BETTER PIC`S OF THE GTR