The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Lamborghini Aventador Unveiled

Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 PM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lamborg...-ar100112.html
700hp
0-60: 2.9 seconds
350 kph (217mph) Top speed

NICE!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ever since VAG bought Lamborghini, they've been doing little more than simply updating the well-known Diablo-derived formula. Sure, things change, but there are no more leaps forward in design and engineering, like there once were. Miura to Countach. Countach to Diablo... those were some quantum leaps compared to this almost mid-cycle refreshing of the Murci. And even though I do love the Murci and the Aventador, I do not consider them to be in the same class of cars as Miura and Countach. That said, a 9 out of 10 is still better than 90% of the rest of the cars, and this thing is like a 9.5-9.6 IMO.

And don't even get me started on those vents! What, Golf and Polo had a surplus?! WTF were they thinking?!

This is what a Lambo interior vent is supposed to look like. Period. No questions.

And while I'm ranting anyways, I might as well bitch some about those overhangs! HOW THE FRRRRUCK IS THAT EVEN ACCEPTABLE IN THE 21st CENTURY? Makes it look like a cheap imitation of a Lambo to me. Don't get me wrong, like I said, it is still an awesome-awesome car. Just that I don't think it is an awesome "Lambo". Lambo is an 11 our 10 by definition - remember why Lamborgini started the car company in the first place? Ferrari was not good enough! Now? Meh... I'd rather grab the Fezza and have some chump change for the shopping sprees... I don't know...

/rant
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

V, you're perhaps being a little harsh. This car simply destroys anything from Maranello. Ferrari has nothing that comes close. It is a modern take on the "old school" supercar, a term that let us not forget was largely popularized with a Lamborghini (the Miura, and later with the Countach). Here, we have a 21st century take on that old-school supercar, it is a completely new car with a completely new engine. The interior is a massive upgrade from the old Murcielago, and the styling is a definite step forward from the prior car.

The car is what it had to be - Lamborghini knows their market, and their customers want their car to look like a Lamborghini. The Aventador needed to be a modern take on the Murcielago, and this delivers. If you actually look at a Diablo, a Murcielago and the Aventador side by side you'll see that the two modern cars look a lot less like the Diablo than you think - and the Aventador stands out as the most modern and most striking of the bunch. Those overhangs clearly come from the Siesto Elemento design concept which people assumed was previewing the next generation Gallardo but some design features were obviously highlighting aspects of the Aventador.

The recent car mags ran tests using a Lamborghini test mule and the verdict was clear, the car is much better than the Murcielago it replaces. That's no mean feat, Lamborghini had that car nailed towards the end of its life, particularly the Super Veloce.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

While I agree with you Steven, I have never been a fan of Lambo designs anyway. For that price, I'd rather have this:

McLaren FTW!!!!

And my absolutely "money's no object" choice would be.....................

Pagani's, in any iteration, are simply beastly
Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by pjinca
While I agree with you Steven, I have never been a fan of Lambo designs anyway. For that price, I'd rather have this:

McLaren FTW!!!!
The McLaren is indeed an awesome car - but it doesn't remotely compete with the Aventador. It's massively cheaper than the Aventador, the MP4-12C competes with the Gallardo and F458.

Pagani has a new car out, by the way. It looks fantastic.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
The McLaren is indeed an awesome car - but it doesn't remotely compete with the Aventador. It's massively cheaper than the Aventador, the MP12-4C competes with the Gallardo and F458.
Ah yes, but the Pagani blows the Aventador's doors off
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Ah yes, but the Pagani blows the Aventador's doors off
You might be surprised. That said, there's not much point in bench racing completely different cars - the car you posted isn't actually street legal...
Old 03-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Contributors

You might be surprised. But maybe we ought to wait to see the tests rather than bench race, eh?

The car you posted isn't street legal...

LOL, ya got me there Steven. It isn't street legal so there's the additional cost of buying a track (Top Gear estimated a mere $6 billion for that, since most tracks have noise restrictions - the Pagani is LOUD!!!!)
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Contributors

LOL, ya got me there Steven. It isn't street legal so there's the additional cost of buying a track (Top Gear estimated a mere $6 billion for that, since most tracks have noise restrictions - the Pagani is LOUD!!!!)
Have you seen the new Pagani? It's called the Huayra. I'm not sure I like the name, but the car looks absolutely stunning.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Contributors

The McLaren is indeed an awesome car - but it doesn't remotely compete with the Aventador. It's massively cheaper than the Aventador, the MP12-4C competes with the Gallardo and F458.

Pagani has a new car out, by the way. It looks fantastic.

I wouldn't count out the McLaren in a race though, with 600 bhp and a mere 1300kg curb weight it may surprise a lot of people when it's tested

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lamborghini Aventador Unveiled