The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

I feel so poor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

feel poor???? dam some people have no idea... i grew up in east newyork brooklyn... my family was the only white people in the hood!!! talk about feeling poor... shit i was poor... i war the same sneakers for like 3 years i grow out of them in 1 year imagin... i came a very long way from that... and im greatfull to just live... who gives a shit what someone else is driving... you have a bimmer enough said...
Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='955502' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:34 AM
Wow if you measure your life by the type car you drive or the size of your house, then my friend you have a very empty life. Just remember that these material things can be taken away just as quickly as they were attained. I hope that you are able to look past what the people around you have and be content with what you are provided.

+1, I totally agree!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

when I was living and working in syracuse, I was driving a CLK55 AMG. Everyone looked at it as a SUPER car. It was only a CLK55! Well, it;'s flooded with hyundai's and kia's in syracuse. Honestly, it's a poor city. Many people only take the bus. Until I was visiting one of my stores in the mall, here parked a BRAND NEW M6 right next to me. At that point, i felt like my car was nothing. haha. My car suddenly looked like a regular car. We parked nex tto each other a lot but never got a chance to meet him.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Contributors

The E39 is timeless..
Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 06' 550i

I live in Orange county Cali...driving around on a daily basis I see tons of nice cars. In my parking garage I happen to park near 7 BMW's, the rest of the vehicles are either MB, Lexus, Range Rover, etc...I see 100K sports cars like they were civics. The other day I passed a SL65 AMG and then saw another one a day later. Be happy with what you got, if anything, respect the fact that other's were able to earn the cars they did and give them props. Like others have said...not everyone can afford a BMW.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='955175' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:06 AM
eh. i used to feel like that. when i was young and lived on long island. it was the way of life.

now i live in tampa, i make almost 3 times the average tampa income here and drive a 5 series. in all actuallity i am better the everyone from a fiscal standpoint, but that should never be a determining factor in deciding who is better then someone. I am happy with what I have acheived and proud of what I do for a living, proud of what I drive. I wear that on my sleve. It is percieved as confidence and not pretentiousness (spelling). That's how should portray their financial standing. I personally dont envy anyone, I may admire other peoples financial status and aspire to reach the level they have, but i will never place that above moral standing, nor will i ever comprimise my integrity to meet those goals.

anyway, I am proud of what I have, I may admire what others have, but I dont envy material items. I am very materialistic and hope to achieve the ultimate financial success, but I will never feel poor, because I am morally rich, and that is more important than any amount of money one can have.

...stepping back off my soapbox (second time tonight)
AMEN!