The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Its actually mad cheap to do, if you think about it... I mean, a used Lada chassis is a couple of hundred bucks, a used Acura 4 cyl is a couple of grand. Motorcepts would do the job inexpensively to get recognition (cuz you know this thing will get SEEN!!!), parts are all over. Get like a 2.2 cyl VTEC with a six-speed, put in a pair of Recaros and pimp up the sound system a little bit. The one thing about this car that's absolutely not even there - air conditioning. So I'd probably have to adopt something from the Acura/Honda donor there... but whatever, it is TOTALLY doable, and would probably cost under 15g's. Considering you'll be getting a 10-second sleeper, that's a pretty small price to pay IMHO! And, with Honda internals, it would be economical and reliable enough to be a daily = INSTANT BALLER STATUS! (fuzzy dice optional)

PS Sure beats the sh*t out of some old-model Honda Insight!!!
You really have to quit talking about this, cause I just might do it myself!!

I would up your V-TEC and drop in a 2JZ! Now THAT's JDM'n!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Krozi
You really have to quit talking about this, cause I just might do it myself!!

I would up your V-TEC and drop in a 2JZ! Now THAT's JDM'n!
Now me and the Mad Scientist are gonna have to take apart the manifold and replace the piston rings you fried?

DOODE! DOOOO IT! I dare you!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Now me and the Mad Scientist are gonna have to take apart the manifold and replace the piston rings you fried?

DOODE! DOOOO IT! I dare you!
Hahhaha OMG

You would have to swap out ALL the suspension and ALL of the drivetrain too!

Probably doesn't even have independent suspension.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Hahhaha OMG

You would have to swap out ALL the suspension and ALL of the drivetrain too!

Probably doesn't even have independent suspension.
Forget about anything this car came with, aside from the design concept You would have to gut everything. Since there is no bolt-on racing suspension for it, you'd have to find some vintage Fiat parts or retrofit an entire suspension from a real car (has been done in mother-Russia many-many times by people with absolutely no equipment - and curiously, no parts either , so it is definitely possible). Then you'd have to figure out whether it all works right. Forget about ABS, DCT or ESP - you may get some brakes, if you spend your money right lol But in the end, pulling away from an SL63 AMG and seeing the faces of the driver and (hot female) passenger is worth more

just saying...

Hey, there's also Warburg!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Contributors

Forget about anything this car came with, aside from the design concept You would have to gut everything. Since there is no bolt-on racing suspension for it, you'd have to find some vintage Fiat parts or retrofit an entire suspension from a real car (has been done in mother-Russia many-many times by people with absolutely no equipment - and curiously, no parts either , so it is definitely possible). Then you'd have to figure out whether it all works right. Forget about ABS, DCT or ESP - you may get some brakes, if you spend your money right lol But in the end, pulling away from an SL63 AMG and seeing the faces of the driver and (hot female) passenger is worth more

just saying...

Hey, there's also Warburg!
Hahaha I don't know about all that!

I've been looking around for a good deal on an E30...would do an S50 drop. A buddy of mine has an E30 he's setting up like this and he's 5G deep so far..not bad for a 13sec project car...
Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Contributors

John's (brabus) partner - Leo, is doing an S54 drop into an E30 right now, if I'm not mistaken...
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
Freakin gas is so freakin expensive I am seriously thinking about getting a Honda Insight and use it as a daily freakin driver. What u guys think??? 70MPG!!!!!! Gonna get those older ones. Better MPG!!
yeah I was thinking the same about the petro price and change to a more mpg car but not a honda, I have 1 already.
I am planning in 2013-2014 to change to tesla or the bmw icars.
we can not get the honda insight in HK looks good
Attached Thumbnails I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!-2010-mugen-honda-insight.jpg   I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!-2010-mugen-honda-insight-profile.jpg   I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!-16795192.jpeg   I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!-mugen-honda-insight-03.jpg   I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!-mugen-honda-insight-04.jpg  

Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Sorry, but to me that Insight looks like a total piece of crap :thumbsdown:
Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

LOL a mugen insight?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Hey, if you get a bluediesel from Benz with that urine injection thing, is that then a piece of sh!t that runs on piss?

Quick Reply: I AM GONNA BUY A HONDA INSIGHT!!!