The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...
View Poll Results: Ferrari or Lamborghini? the age old question...
Ferrari 360
48.05%
Lamborghini Gallardo
51.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Horse or Bull?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 528i Lexus LS460 Lexus GX470 Lexus RX300 Silversport

With the choices you gave, I chose the Gallardo. But I'm like most people here, get a F430. Actually isn't there a F460 now? Seriously someday whatever displacement that F430 will have, that's what I'll be saving for.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

I voted Gallardo. The F360 looks old.

Get a F430.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='956688' date='Jul 28 2009, 07:34 AM
Doesn't Audi own Lambo, then he can save himself some major $$$$ by just getting the R8 instead - same exact car isn't it?
Common misconception.

Just 15% of parts are shared between the R8 and Gallardo.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='956903' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:13 PM
Many factors at play here. Where do you live? Climate/road conditions. How will you use the car? Sunday driver/garage queen or drive it hard/occasionally track it. This is a question seen often and I personally cant figure out how someone who is truly prepared to make a six figure investment in a car is looking for advice on a board like this. What other cars do you currently have in your "collection"? These cars are 2 completely different animals. One is AWD, one isnt. One can be serviced at an audi dealer, the other cant. Depending on the color of course, one says look at me, the other not so much. I also question the reality of the wife wanting to take a vacation sidelining this purchase. That simply tells me one shouldnt be buying a ferrari or a lamborghini if they cant also go on vacation with the wife. Doesnt make sense to me but then again, what do I know???

So by your analogy people who go to ferrarilife.com and lamborghini-talk.com (similar car forum such as this one) to ask for advice CAN'T afford these cars and are just there for the fun of it... (that makes sense )

I can tell you're not married by the way you talk about the wife wanting to travel 'sidelining' the car purchase, lol! OBVIOUSLY, since its a major purchase, I can't just say "Dear, I gotta stop by the dealership to buy a lamborghini, I'll be back in a bit" I'm just happy she'll even LET me buy an exotic. Hell, if everything would be up to her, I'd be driving a Kia..

You have no idea what my financial situation is, so I suggest u STFU. There's always a troll on every board, and you sir, are a fine example of one. Yes, I can afford to buy one right now, but I'm saving for it till next year (more like in 2years) just so I can enjoy the worry-free, recession-proof lifestyle I'm living right now.

Anyway, I think I'm leaning more on the Gallardo. Never thought about the 360 being a little older design since I still love how the 308 looks. And wait till you see the Dino in person, its an ageless design.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by earl_je' post='958068' date='Jul 29 2009, 12:26 PM
So by your analogy people who go to ferrarilife.com and lamborghini-talk.com (similar car forum such as this one) to ask for advice CAN'T afford these cars and are just there for the fun of it... (that makes sense )

I can tell you're not married by the way you talk about the wife wanting to travel 'sidelining' the car purchase, lol! OBVIOUSLY, since its a major purchase, I can't just say "Dear, I gotta stop by the dealership to buy a lamborghini, I'll be back in a bit" I'm just happy she'll even LET me buy an exotic. Hell, if everything would be up to her, I'd be driving a Kia..

You have no idea what my financial situation is, so I suggest u STFU. There's always a troll on every board, and you sir, are a fine example of one. Yes, I can afford to buy one right now, but I'm saving for it till next year (more like in 2years) just so I can enjoy the worry-free, recession-proof lifestyle I'm living right now.

Anyway, I think I'm leaning more on the Gallardo. Never thought about the 360 being a little older design since I still love how the 308 looks. And wait till you see the Dino in person, its an ageless design.

listen, this forum is a community and we dont need any of your BS comments. The only troll here is you.

Poleposition is very respected member and a serious driver and car enthusiast and a family man who knows what it takes to own nice cars, nice homes and take care of his business.

did you ever read what the hell you originally posted? You dont even know what you are asking. The 360 is a beautiful, but old car and you are asking if its comparable to the most recent baby lambo design. Why do you ask about the cars instead of going to drive them if you were serious? Is it perhaps the fact that any reputable certified dealership would not let you in the doors to test drive? If you were serious, why dont u ask the members on the ferrari boards or the lambo boards these same questions? or did they laugh at you as well "i may get a gallardo, but my wife wants to go on vacation so maybe I cant swing it in a few years BS?"

when i saw your orig post i wanted to laugh and smack u down as the troll u are, but i thought why waste my very valuable time doing that to someone who doesnt have a clue, but since you had to insult a friend, i had to comment about your lack of any credibility...

fact check on your finaces as well...those who can afford these types of cars dont comment as such and then note that they are saving for one in two years!!!! like its a tv purchase??? ...you either have the means to afford it or you dont, when buying a supercar, you dont put aside 50K a year for the next two years to have 100K for a down payment and hope you can swing the monthly payments , that is rediculous, they would not allow you in a proper dealership (btw mulityear wait for ferrari's unless you already own one or know someone in case u ever really consider the reality )

....just learn how it goes and ask things in a nice way and those that have the things you want will surely be kind enuff to skool you

...rant over and flame away, i'll not be responding to you
Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by m630' post='958364' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:00 PM
listen, this forum is a community and we dont need any of your BS comments. The only troll here is you.

Poleposition is very respected member and a serious driver and car enthusiast and a family man who knows what it takes to own nice cars, nice homes and take care of his business.

did you ever read what the hell you originally posted? You dont even know what you are asking. The 360 is a beautiful, but old car and you are asking if its comparable to the most recent baby lambo design. Why do you ask about the cars instead of going to drive them if you were serious? Is it perhaps the fact that any reputable certified dealership would not let you in the doors to test drive? If you were serious, why dont u ask the members on the ferrari boards or the lambo boards these same questions? or did they laugh at you as well "i may get a gallardo, but my wife wants to go on vacation so maybe I cant swing it in a few years BS?"

when i saw your orig post i wanted to laugh and smack u down as the troll u are, but i thought why waste my very valuable time doing that to someone who doesnt have a clue, but since you had to insult a friend, i had to comment about your lack of any credibility...

fact check on your finaces as well...those who can afford these types of cars dont comment as such and then note that they are saving for one in two years!!!! like its a tv purchase??? ...you either have the means to afford it or you dont, when buying a supercar, you dont put aside 50K a year for the next two years to have 100K for a down payment and hope you can swing the monthly payments , that is rediculous, they would not allow you in a proper dealership (btw mulityear wait for ferrari's unless you already own one or know someone in case u ever really consider the reality )

....just learn how it goes and ask things in a nice way and those that have the things you want will surely be kind enuff to skool you

+1. Poleposition rocks and is indeed one of our most respected members. The OP is not. My comment about the OP's attack on Pole :thumbsdown:
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Contributors

The BULL!!!!

Gallardo > 360 all day everyday.

Murcielago LP640 > Ferrari 430 all day everyday.

ENZO is a different story.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by m630' post='958364' date='Jul 29 2009, 01:00 PM

I was in no way trying to bash another member, a well respected one at that too. If it matters, I sincerely apologize for the unecessary post. I was merely trying to ask other car enthusiasts what their opinion was choosing between these two cars. If you look closely at the previous posts, HE was the one attacking me, and I just responded (be it in a rather harsh manner) to it. I understand you are close friends thats why you're bashing me just as well. If I went to a dealership to buy a car, and instead of helping me, they question my ability to purchase the vehicle, guess what I'll do? I would walk out of there without saying anything and go to a different dealership. How would you react if you were in the same position?

If I posted this same thread over at ferrarilife/lambotalk, take a wild guess who they're gonna pick (obviously the brand they own). That's why I wanted to ask people from neutral grounds. I've been lurking around in both those forums anyway. That's where I found information about cost/maintenance stuff. Good people over there, a lot less elitists. They NEVER question a person's ability to buy the vehicle, in fact, they encourage others.

The wife thing was just a gesture of being open and friendly (be it a lousy attempt at being humourous). Next time I wont disclose as many details . I have other reasons why I want to hold off the purchase, and as I mentioned in a later post, I might not be able to hold it and just randomly buy one when I really feel like it.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

What a clown.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by earl_je' post='958068' date='Jul 29 2009, 12:26 PM
You have no idea what my financial situation is, so I suggest u STFU. There's always a troll on every board, and you sir, are a fine example of one.
You just made a very big mistake on this board. Huge! Feel free to pass judgement on me as well. I welcome it.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Oh man, what an interesting turn of events...

You mess with one respected member, be prepared to face the consequences of getting clowned on by the rest of the board.

Millionares play Evony? cool!

Quick Reply: Horse or Bull?