The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

GTR IS COMEING...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerturn' post='583980' date='May 19 2008, 07:30 PM
No, I am so happy that I will never deal with you as a salesperson and I am sure I would be running if I found out if we are ever met.

This attitude and actions is exactly what keeps giving dealers bad reputation.

Good day sir.
i still dont understand what your trying to get at .... do u feel better that your venting... deal with some one like me... im giving the truth ... if you cant handle it im sry my friend.... as for the gtr it will be sold above sticker... so you dont have to buy one... but rest assured when that car pulls along side a 911 a m3 and your neck is broke from looking... and the tires smoke up your lungs your going to understand why this SUPER CAR IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD....

nothing against you at all... just read about the car and understand what is about.....
Old 05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='584029' date='May 19 2008, 08:45 PM
i still dont understand what your trying to get at .... do u feel better that your venting... deal with some one like me... im giving the truth ... if you cant handle it im sry my friend.... as for the gtr it will be sold above sticker... so you dont have to buy one... but rest assured when that car pulls along side a 911 a m3 and your neck is broke from looking... and the tires smoke up your lungs your going to understand why this SUPER CAR IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD....

nothing against you at all... just read about the car and understand what is about.....
Come on, nobody that can afford this car will be drag racing it and at above 55MPH I am sure it will not make that much difference to break my neck.

I am just against the notion that someone needs to pay over MSRP which is a notion started by the dealers themselves. IMHO, a bad standard of business interaction and I won't take part of it. I guess people with money to spare will but then they will just drive them once or twice a year.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='584029' date='May 19 2008, 07:45 PM

If I may understand correctly, you run a car dealership. Your business is to sell at the high possible price for the highest possible profit? We can talk about customer service some other time. If such is the case, and you want to sell the GTR way over the manufacturer's suggested "value," then you're selling to the wrong crowd.

Marketing 101, deliver a consistant message. Treat your customer because word of mouth is the most effective marketing tool. The business environment is changing, and your approach is considered, "outdated."

Good luck with the GTR sale.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Members

GT-R : 911
G8 GT : E60

You know which side of both comparions are the "higher value" but not as good cars. Mark the GT-R sticker up and it just isn't worth it. I'd rather take an Evo X MR for half the sticker price, be almost as fast in the real world, and seat the whole family.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='584029' date='May 19 2008, 05:45 PM
so you dont have to buy one... but rest assured when that car pulls along side a 911 a m3 and your neck is broke from looking
It is very fast.

But it is sterile and disconnected. Definitely a car for the playstation generation.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='584248' date='May 20 2008, 03:49 AM
It is very fast.

But it is sterile and disconnected. Definitely a car for the playstation generation.
100% right... but at the same time the playstation generation is here... and there buying everything up.... this car is setting the mark for the car industry... think about its a nissan that is way less then a 911 a little faster... and if lQQks could kill this car is going to kill!!!... and people are buying this car (over sticker)..... its worth every penny... this cars are going to be sold to only a few that will keep it and take care of it... the other 60% will run the car on e-bay... 35% will use for every day use... the 5% that really take care of it will be the generation of the old.... what im getting at is everything is changing... people dont like change.. you have to get use to it and then people will see the new era...... eather your with it or not... im with it.. i deal with change every day... and over come it....

to all didnt mean to come off the way i did,, after reading my past post it does sound like im taken things personal....

sry didnt mean it in that way at all....
Old 05-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

Supercar?! Come on. This thing is still a Nissan when you get down to it. The buzz of this car will wear off about 2-3 months after it is out when people realize that it is not as good as the articles suggest. Porsche 911 Turbo Killer?! Hardly.
I doubt anyone who is looking at a Porsche will cross shop Nissan.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='584593' date='May 20 2008, 02:58 PM
Supercar?! Come on. This thing is still a Nissan when you get down to it. The buzz of this car will wear off about 2-3 months after it is out when people realize that it is not as good as the articles suggest. Porsche 911 Turbo Killer?! Hardly.
I doubt anyone who is looking at a Porsche will cross shop Nissan.

no doubt. This thing would probably blow the doors off my 997 Carrera S, but there is no circumstance whatsoever in which I would trade my car for one of these GTR's. None. Ever.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Members

Just a typical manufacturer car hype and will soon wear out, I am not arguing it will not possibly be a great car but definitly does not warrant the value being put on it. IMHO.

Porsche looks so much better than it any day any where, it is a personal taste I guess.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmerturn' post='584598' date='May 20 2008, 04:12 PM
Just a typical manufacturer car hype and will soon wear out, I am not arguing it will not possibly be a great car but definitly does not warrant the value being put on it. IMHO.

Porsche looks so much better than it any day any where, it is a personal taste I guess.

Agree completely. A Porsche is a piece of art. This GTR will look dated (and I kinda think it does already) within 1-2 months of it being out. A 20 yr old Porsche still turns my head. I can't say the same about any Nissan and I certainly do not expect the GTR to be any different.

Quick Reply: GTR IS COMEING...