The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

GTR IS COMEING...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='584637' date='May 20 2008, 04:54 PM
Agree completely. A Porsche is a piece of art. This GTR will look dated (and I kinda think it does already) within 1-2 months of it being out. A 20 yr old Porsche still turns my head. I can't say the same about any Nissan and I certainly do not expect the GTR to be any different.
agreed. It is already looking dated because it looks like a hopped up 350Z, which has been out for like 10 years now. Nissan must have used up all their good ideas on the 350Z design and now they are artistically bankrupt. It also looks dated because since the show car was unveiled, there have been a new M3, Audi S5, C63, etc. released, and Nissan wasn't able to steal their designs before bringing the GTR into production.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmerturn' post='584598' date='May 20 2008, 04:12 PM
Just a typical manufacturer car hype and will soon wear out, I am not arguing it will not possibly be a great car but definitly does not warrant the value being put on it. IMHO.

Porsche looks so much better than it any day any where, it is a personal taste I guess.
100% about the porsche lQQKING better no dout about that... but you guys are missing the big pic hear.... yes its a nissan.. but the only nissan to be hand built... only 14 people get to build these car in japan... its a work of art... every ones a sceptic.. because its diffrent... listen i was just as sceptical as every one else is about this car.. but i drove it in vegas over last week.. on the track right a long side the 911 turbo... the porsche is an absolut beautiful car hands down the car is as fast as fast can be... we expect that from porsche... but to get that from a dam nissan... A NISSAN... i was amazed by this car... off the line comeing out of the apex... we did 4 runs each... i will not say the gtr won every time... but the right wheel man and better tires 3.2 flat... we ran 3.4 3.3 from 0 - 60 every run... the porsche is so well built and so solid... the porsche sitting next to the gtr look like little kid car.. the reson is the gtr is 73.3 in`s from fender to fender accross... back to the porsche.. this car is no slouch by any means we riped threw the gear box pushing the car from 0-60 in 3.4 3.5... my last run in the porsche i did 3.3.. i fell in love with the porsche.. but i dont have the money to spend yet!...

like one of you guys said its a matter of taste i guess...

but bang for your buck the GTR is on top of my list... its a rare car only 2500 going to be made... will it hold its value as much as a porsche absolutly not... but how many 911 are there alot more then 2500... turbos im talking...
Attached Thumbnails GTR IS COMEING...-thumbnail.jpg  
Old 05-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I mean its a Nissan, I dont think a normal guy is going to want to spend that kinda money on a Nissan when theres a thousand other options out there. GTR is going to attract a minority which is not related to 911, M6/M5, ect. The car is what, 70k? Markup being 10k? 80k for a Nissan?

Come on, I rather get a 650i and laugh at the guy explaining to his girlfriend the reason why his Nissan costs so much. Then before his girlfriend blows me with her chest all over the I-drive button, ill explain to her the Night Vision feature in the E63 and why my cock is so lengthy.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='584755' date='May 20 2008, 07:49 PM
I mean its a Nissan, I dont think a normal guy is going to want to spend that kinda money on a Nissan when theres a thousand other options out there. GTR is going to attract a minority which is not related to 911, M6/M5, ect. The car is what, 70k? Markup being 10k? 80k for a Nissan?

Come on, I rather get a 650i and laugh at the guy explaining to his girlfriend the reason why his Nissan costs so much. Then before his girlfriend blows me with her chest all over the I-drive button, ill explain to her the Night Vision feature in the E63 and why my cock is so lengthy.

OMG ... just halerious...

I can't stop laughing...

p.s. I always loved you signature.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='584755' date='May 20 2008, 07:49 PM

lol... very funny i must say... but what r u going to tell his girl after she swollows you cant keep up...

dont get me wrong it is a nissan... lengthy huh... lol... you know what they say.. people that talk dont got it... and if you cant make up for it in that department you would need to get a 650 .... lolol

just kiddin but i understand what your getting at.....
Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='584755' date='May 20 2008, 06:49 PM

heh

To some extent this car reminds me of the first go VW had at the Phaeton - very few people would pay such a hefty price for a VW. Yes, it was a nice car but its simply not what VW is known for. Same reasoning with nissan.
I for one would never pay 100+k for a Lexus LS hybrid or for ANY Lexus for that matter; for the money i would much rather have something else. im sure its nice, and well built, etc .... but just as in the above scenario id sure have a hard time explaining why i didnt get something a bit better for the same cash.

While i havent driven one, i have seen a GT-R in person and again i have to agree with some others - it just doesn't do it for me. Since i havent driven one i cant comment personally, but i have read that the control screen is a bit gimmicky with any number of features that while interesting - no one would ever use....It was designed by polyphony if i recall so its no surprise to me if it looks straight out of a video game....
Again, i havent driven it but it seems its the same story with the performance. is it good? yup. great? maybe - BUT i have read that the numbers that nissan claims for lapping the ring are inflated (or rather deflated as the case may be). The fact they that need to do that makes me a bit suspicious - hype is one thing, overstating capability when the 'competitors' seem to understate it is something else entirely.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SOE_arc_CH' post='585026' date='May 21 2008, 02:10 AM
heh

To some extent this car reminds me of the first go VW had at the Phaeton - very few people would pay such a hefty price for a VW. Yes, it was a nice car but its simply not what VW is known for. Same reasoning with nissan.
I for one would never pay 100+k for a Lexus LS hybrid or for ANY Lexus for that matter; for the money i would much rather have something else. im sure its nice, and well built, etc .... but just as in the above scenario id sure have a hard time explaining why i didnt get something a bit better for the same cash.

While i havent driven one, i have seen a GT-R in person and again i have to agree with some others - it just doesn't do it for me. Since i havent driven one i cant comment personally, but i have read that the control screen is a bit gimmicky with any number of features that while interesting - no one would ever use....It was designed by polyphony if i recall so its no surprise to me if it looks straight out of a video game....
Again, i havent driven it but it seems its the same story with the performance. is it good? yup. great? maybe - BUT i have read that the numbers that nissan claims for lapping the ring are inflated (or rather deflated as the case may be). The fact they that need to do that makes me a bit suspicious - hype is one thing, overstating capability when the 'competitors' seem to understate it is something else entirely.
A PHAETON PLEASE.... its nite and day.. and its a (VW)... where talking about a twin tourbo 2 door sport car... nit a ice cream truck!!!! yes your right about the hype for the (vw)... and it floped harder then andra the giant when hulk hogan body slamed him in the 80`s..... but look at all the things GTR bring`s to the table... great gas miles for one.... the price even if this car was 100k its worth it... in my eyes not because i sell these cars because i drove both the way there sapose to be driven.... not at (55) mph like the other guy posted i meqan i reall y drove both of these cars like i stole them!!!!!!.. between the two i mtalkin money the GTR is the way to go... think about it if i out 15k in miles on a porsche in one year you will lose about 15g`s
on a gtr its about 3g`s.. and the service over 5 years is about 4g`s for a GTR.. a porsche dont let me get started...... and you say a bit better... like i keep saying its just hear say at this point... just wait till you see the car drive it... feel the power the build of the car is solid.... dont get me wrong the cars in the GTR class are very serious and beautiful works of art.... the audi is stepping up to a v10... ummm i wonder y that is... and the 911 is stepping up... ummm i wonder y?????
Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='585188' date='May 21 2008, 10:46 AM
A PHAETON PLEASE.... its nite and day.. and its a (VW)...

Whats wrong with a VW Phaeton. That car was awesome. Those in the know would never mock that car. The point made by others was that VW tried going upscale and was unsuccessful because consumers dont view VW as a luxury car maker. The same may go for Nissan but maybe not in this case because this car has already achieved cult status from a certain group of gearheads who've idolized the skyline for years. That car was unattainable. The hype has been built up for years as far as a replacement for the legendary skyline. It's now here. This car wont compete with any other car. The buyer of the GT-R will only want a GT-R. You wont get someone stuck between a ZR-1, a 911 or a GT-R. Cross shopping wont exist with this car. You either want one or you dont.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='585210' date='May 21 2008, 11:13 AM
Whats wrong with a VW Phaeton. That car was awesome. Those in the know would never mock that car. The point made by others was that VW tried going upscale and was unsuccessful because consumers dont view VW as a luxury car maker. The same may go for Nissan but maybe not in this case because this car has already achieved cult status from a certain group of gearheads who've idolized the skyline for years. That car was unattainable. The hype has been built up for years as far as a replacement for the legendary skyline. It's now here. This car wont compete with any other car. The buyer of the GT-R will only want a GT-R. You wont get someone stuck between a ZR-1, a 911 or a GT-R. Cross shopping wont exist with this car. You either want one or you dont.
yes the phaeton was a great car... but a vw... its like getting a honda over an acura.. same company.. but completly diffrent cars.... you`ll be suprized about who cross shops this car.. i have two people trading in there 911 ones a 06 and ones a 07... im just as suprized as u would be.... its just the gtr is more of an every day car.....
Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='583532
Wow.

Originally Posted by bimmerturn' post='583921
Agree completely. A Porsche is a piece of art. This GTR will look dated (and I kinda think it does already) within 1-2 months of it being out. A 20 yr old Porsche still turns my head. I can't say the same about any Nissan and I certainly do not expect the GTR to be any different.

Agreed. This guy is a fool and I'm glad Steve took the less dramatic, more mature route and let it go.

Quick Reply: GTR IS COMEING...