The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Got the new car bug again

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diveleader' post='414356' date='Apr 16 2007, 09:03 PM
That aside, take the half price warranty and keep it another year, how much more can it lose in the next 12 months? - this must be the most sensible option (not that I have ever been sensible with cars!)

That is the sensible option yes. decisions decisions. (didnt sign yesterday)

Since I'm dutch residing in the UK I'm contemplating importing one from Holland myself. Saves me about 7k with the only downside that warrenty is restricted to 60k miles, rather than unlimited.
Does anybody have any experience with importing a car yourself into the UK?

As for the A8, definitely not my cup of tea.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Please stay away from the RR. If it is anything like my LR3, you will be desperately dissapointed. I know they are fairly diff vehicles, but the problems and service I have received (might be a tad better in EU) are horrible. I am going to take a huge hit when I trade it in, but the wife and I need to get out of it. It's horrendous!

my .02
Old 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Members

Flowerfred,

have you already done a testdrive with the RR. I fear that you give up some (a lot) agility and sportyness compared to the BMW.

Ever thought about an A6/S6? Serious car and good quality, nice interior.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Well, it's done. I ordered a Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 today. Black on black on black.
It'll be with me in the next two weeks. I just hope i'll love it as much as I did the E60....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i SE Oct 03 (53 plate) 19" Alpina Classic rims

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi

Originally Posted by eddy' post='414839' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:57 AM
Flowerfred,

have you already done a testdrive with the RR. I fear that you give up some (a lot) agility and sportyness compared to the BMW.

Ever thought about an A6/S6? Serious car and good quality, nice interior.
LR/RR is consistently at very bottom of the quality list in US.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by uglybear' post='419254' date='Apr 29 2007, 10:15 PM
LR/RR is consistently at very bottom of the quality list in US.

Ive always had a thing for Range Rovers but a buddy of mine told me from first hand experience new Rovers are always in service because of the hydraulic suspension. I gotta say the REAL rover is nice inside and out but I really think the SPORT was unneccesary. It allows more "rovers" on the road thus losing its prestige for being an over priced SUV which I think is the reason we all love it anyways.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My buddy had a Discovery II and My sis had a Range Rover. Both cars interiors fell apart and were in the shop on a consistent basis getting fixed.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

Congrats!

I love Range Rovers, however I hope you got a good relationship with your dealer because unless things have drastically changed since I had a new one (2 years ago), you'll be seeing him at least 1 week for every month by my previous history!

I had loads of air suspension and differential issues with mine plus the steering wheel column colapsed whilst driving and loads of minor electric gremlins

Id still buy another, in fact Im thinking of changing the misses' Cayenne turbo for a RR superchargered such is their magic!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Aeroresh' post='431449' date='Jun 3 2007, 01:56 PM
Congrats!

I love Range Rovers, however I hope you got a good relationship with your dealer because unless things have drastically changed since I had a new one (2 years ago), you'll be seeing him at least 1 week for every month by my previous history!

I had loads of air suspension and differential issues with mine plus the steering wheel column colapsed whilst driving and loads of minor electric gremlins

Id still buy another, in fact Im thinking of changing the misses' Cayenne turbo for a RR superchargered such is their magic!

Congrats on the new RR! I had a 2005 LR3 that I just returned off lease. No problems whatsoever and it was built like a tank. I took it off roading several times a year and really beat on it hard. No chassis flex, no creaks or rattles...built like a tank. And always drove smooth as silk on the road. I have plans to have the Range Rover in my garage before the end of the year...btw, if you anyone wants a deal...go to your dealer and ell them you want to lease a two year old Range Rover...expect to see a 27 month term with a payment in the 500 to 600 range with 15k miles per year on a CPO. Not bad considering a brand new one will run you double that price.

Quick Reply: Got the new car bug again