The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

e34 vs. e60

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

warning: this will be a little long but interesting read.

last week i found out my friend/ co-worker is such a car freak/enthusiast as much as me. he knew i had an e60 530i, and that one day he told me that he drove the white bmw that was parked next to me. i then asked "oh the e34?" and he was pretty surprised that i knew that. he said before he had an e36 2-door m3 that he moderately modded, which was totaled a couple of years ago.

the white e34 he was driving that day was stock, which is his daily drive. that day when driving home, he was in front of me and took the right lane. i was wondering where he was going since the freeway was straight and he had taken the right lane to turn right. to go straight, he launched to get ahead of the chevy astro that was to the left of him to go straight to the entrance of the freeway.

i didnt run against him in that white e34 of his. apparently, another car on his list was a black e34 525i which was his project fun car that he drove only once in a while. he said that if anything if he needed more money, he would sell the white e34 he had and just keep the black one. the only problem is that his black e34 didnt have seat belts. his mods were:
-e34 M5 front bumper, coilovers, e34 M5 clutch, lightened flywheel, uuc exhaust, headers, cone filter, chip, no back seats, no spare tire, ssr wheels, carbon fiber hood, momo seats, momo steering wheel.

today for work, he drove the black e34 525i just to show me, and just by the sound of the car when he started it up and revv'd, i loved it. we just started talking and asking about the power of each other's car. he said he's been wanting to dyno but has never gotten the chance to. he asked me what was in my car and what the stock power was. i then told him that the other day near the entrance of the freeway that i saw his launch, which was pretty damn good. he said he raced a couple times before and was thinking how he would do against me. after the talking, we decided to run after work since we were going to be heading in the same direction.

in addition to all the weight saving that his car has undergone, he also had less than a quarter tank of gas. i just filled up my car 2 days ago, so i had well over 3/4 of a tank. i asked if he was going to get gas, and of course his answer was no and said that he still had 80 miles to go. all the weight savings got to my head and i started having some 2nd doubts.

after work, i follow him out. we get to a red light with no traffic in the front and rolled up our windows. when green, i had the jump, and after i jumped on it, i heard his tires chirp. by the end of 2nd gear, i had about 1 and 1/2 to 2 car lengths on him, then stepped on the brake a couple times to let him know that im not on the gas anymore.

we get to another light. both runs i already had pressed and held the dtc button and had the air off, as did he. we're on a long street until the next light with no traffic. 2nd light we roll up our windows again. on green, he gets on the throttle first and chirps the tires, but i pull ahead. end of 2nd gear to beginning of 3rd gear, i am 1/2 a car length on him and wont pull any further. we shut it down after that due to traffic coming up. we talk at the next light in traffic and he says he wants to find out from a roll, so we head to the freeway but there was too much traffic so i ended up following him until we took an exit and stopped at where he was supposed to be at.

i like his car... haha. it's good to know someone with the same interests as you at your place of work. changed how much we talked to each other in general and had a little fun. he said he wants a second chance after he does a couple of things though, but i guess i better shave off a few pounds, make sure i have at least less than 1/2 a tank, and/or find some new mods haha. thanks for reading.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Cliff notes next time. Be safe.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='450786' date='Jul 21 2007, 10:24 PM
Be safe.
always

sorry again for making it too long.