The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Decided on the E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was deciding between a 530i, and a E350. Going into the test drive, I was leaning towards the Merc, and I must say, the interior on those things are just unbelievable, especially the gauges (can't think of the word for the speedometer, rpm's, etc.), white w/ black lettering looks really nice. But after driving them, although the Merc has more power, I just felt like I was really driving a car in the 530...so I went w/ that. Now here's the part that will test my patience...

I want Black on Black, SMG, sport pck., Navi., Xenon's, Prem. Sound pck. So my brother called up a dealer he knows, and the guy located some SMG's, or should I say TWO! There are ONLY TWO 530i SMG's in the West. U.S., and it just so happens that one of those is black on black, smg, sport, prem sound, navi, xenon etc...So tell me, what are the chances of dealers shipping cars to others? I don't really have any experience with dealers doing business together, do I have a good chance of getting it or will I have to wait the 8-10 weeks for the order. (Pretty pointless story, just wanted to let you guys know I'm still a BMW guy after 3 years w/ a 330ci)
Old 05-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

Can't stand the dials in the e-class, its not the colour, its that annoying clock staring straight at you. Love the E60
Old 05-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Contributors

I enjoyed the story, as I just went through the exact same situation. I had pretty much decided on the E350 and then thought I should at least check out the 530i before making a final decision....well, it only took one test drive and my mind was made up. I found a car and I pick it up this Friday - Titanium Silver, Gray leather, Xenons. No sport package though - I want my ride a little soft for 48 year old keyster and my long rides between Malibu and Folsom, Ca.
When I need the sporty ride, I can take the wife's Mini Cooper S!

tcmalibu

Originally Posted by Pkorkis' date='May 10 2005, 11:41 AM
Was deciding between a 530i, and a E350.? Going into the test drive, I was leaning towards the Merc, and I must say, the interior on those things are just unbelievable, especially the gauges (can't think of the word for the speedometer, rpm's, etc.), white w/ black lettering looks really nice.? But after driving them, although the Merc has more power, I just felt like I was really driving a car in the 530...so I went w/ that.? Now here's the part that will test my patience...

I want Black on Black, SMG, sport pck., Navi., Xenon's, Prem. Sound pck.? So my brother called up a dealer he knows, and the guy located some SMG's, or should I say TWO!? There are ONLY TWO 530i SMG's in the West. U.S., and it just so happens that one of those is black on black, smg, sport, prem sound, navi, xenon etc...So tell me, what are the chances of dealers shipping cars to others?? I don't really have any experience with dealers doing business together, do I have a good chance of getting it or will I have to wait the 8-10 weeks for the order.? (Pretty pointless story, just wanted to let you guys know I'm still a BMW guy after 3 years w/ a 330ci)
[snapback]126655[/snapback]
Old 05-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Pkorkis' date='May 10 2005, 08:41 AM
Was deciding between a 530i, and a E350.? Going into the test drive, I was leaning towards the Merc, and I must say, the interior on those things are just unbelievable, especially the gauges (can't think of the word for the speedometer, rpm's, etc.), white w/ black lettering looks really nice.? But after driving them, although the Merc has more power, I just felt like I was really driving a car in the 530...so I went w/ that.? Now here's the part that will test my patience...

I want Black on Black, SMG, sport pck., Navi., Xenon's, Prem. Sound pck.? So my brother called up a dealer he knows, and the guy located some SMG's, or should I say TWO!? There are ONLY TWO 530i SMG's in the West. U.S., and it just so happens that one of those is black on black, smg, sport, prem sound, navi, xenon etc...So tell me, what are the chances of dealers shipping cars to others?? I don't really have any experience with dealers doing business together, do I have a good chance of getting it or will I have to wait the 8-10 weeks for the order.? (Pretty pointless story, just wanted to let you guys know I'm still a BMW guy after 3 years w/ a 330ci)
good move ! i believe dealers are trading cars every day. mine was the same. i didn't place the order because i didn't want to wait more than 2 months. luckily they found one in the entire west coast that was very similar to what i want. they shipped the car from the west coast to me. but i still waited 7 weeks for that . i think you don't have to wait this long if you are also located in the west coast. good luck .
Old 05-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Members

Personally, as much as I have enjoyed my Mercedes Benz, I would NEVER buy one again as they have the most attrocious after sales care that you can imagine.

Simply shocking. Audi has been great over the years and I hope my first BMW will restore my faith in the otherwise great German car industry.

Alan
Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Members

A guy from a BMW dealership said that the exact 530i I want (Jet Black, Black Leather, SMG, Sport, Prem., Xenon's, Navi., Sat. Radio) is being delivered to the West Coast the first week of June. The MSRP is 56k+. Now here's the deal, what kind of lease numbers do you think i'm going to be able to get w/ 2000-2500 down for 3 years, 12k miles? I'm looking to stay under the $700 a month area, is this possible?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlanM' date='May 10 2005, 11:20 PM
Personally, as much as I have enjoyed my Mercedes Benz, I would NEVER buy one again as they have the most attrocious after sales care that you can imagine.

[snapback]126753[/snapback]

Very true. I had a Dutch plated merc that broke down in the UK two years ago. It took them 2 weeks to fix it, and eventhough the fault was covered by warrenty, I STILL get phonecalls of them chasing me up for payment..
The car was a piece of shite and the after sales care a joke. Never again.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Members

What kind of lease numbers can I expect w/ $2500 down in CA?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Pkorkis' date='May 10 2005, 10:41 AM
So tell me, what are the chances of dealers shipping cars to others?? I don't really have any experience with dealers doing business together, do I have a good chance of getting it or will I have to wait the 8-10 weeks for the order.? (Pretty pointless story, just wanted to let you guys know I'm still a BMW guy after 3 years w/ a 330ci)
So whats the update? Dealers usually dont mind swapping cars... Hope you got the car!!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Pkorkis' date='May 11 2005, 01:29 AM
A guy from a BMW dealership said that the exact 530i I want (Jet Black, Black Leather, SMG, Sport, Prem., Xenon's, Navi., Sat. Radio) is being delivered to the West Coast the first week of June.? The MSRP is 56k+.? Now here's the deal, what kind of lease numbers do you think i'm going to be able to get w/ 2000-2500 down for 3 years, 12k miles?? I'm looking to stay under the $700 a month area, is this possible?
[snapback]126844[/snapback]
If you're looking for such a deal, you should go for 545i instead. All you have to do is to pay another "extra" 50-100 bucks and you will enjoy driving it daily.

Quick Reply: Decided on the E60