The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Could it be true?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

The new Lancia Stratos may be a reality soon!!! One of the hottest cars ever just might be coming back - WOOT!!!!!
New Stratos

I can't wait!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

I'm sorry to upset you, but this will be a single copy..

A billionaire made his dream come true and engaged pininfarina to build a new lancia stratos out of a shortened F430 with V8.

It will be build only one time, what a shame, I love the Lancia Stratos too and would sell my kidney for this unique piece of art..

Ivano
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ivano, you're not up to date on your info, bro this is being considered by Lancia for a possible limited production run... of 25 examples, so you're right about no one ever really being able to even see one. Too bad though, I'd so buy one if Lancia made a lightweight inexpensive one. And it doesn't even have to be powered by a Ferrari engine, like the original - a nice little N54 with some overboost will do juuuuust fine for me, thank you very much.

BTW it was designed by Pininfarina, as opposed to Bertone, who designed the original Stratos. Well, I sure hope that they make a whole crap load of them for dirt cheap, cuz I'd definitely buy one or two
Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 AM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

if only. It would be build commercially
.... and if only I would ever have the money to buy it

For me the Lancia Stratos, Lamborghini Countach and Aston Martin Bulldog are not cars but ultimate pieces of art.
Hard as hell to drive, but o so gorgeous.
(But I like the rims on the original Stratos a bit better though).